News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

1776 History pack for the kids - special for July 1st - 4th $17.76

Started by kentuckyjam, July 01, 2010, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentuckyjam

"FANTASTIC offer going on only through July 4th from The Old Schoolhouse magazine and store - for only $17.76 you get not only a 2 year subscription to their homeschool magazine, but you also get 5 e-books all about the founding of this country!  They are advertising the total value at over $100 for the subscription, book tote and 5 e-books.

The number of e-books you get is less the longer you wait (i.e. - on July 4th you don't get as many as you do if you go today, the 1st), but they are really great studies for homeschoolers or anyone who might want to spend a little extra time on this topic with their children and it seemed to fit right in with the whole Appleseed concept, which is why I thought those here might be interested, even if they don't homeschool."

http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=0013dcFqZEsrWm382-8bq6VaR06zMdKhPngzGXRQ4c7aUVZqeT2RiXvtw6gXPsHcL3hdQyBT3AF3r_USs2w3G49-nnVVVQdJrPfbPD3qYSljQzHcbnxDvyVrw%3D%3D

TNLadyPrepper sent me this to post.  Looks like a really good deal to me and a way to engage the kids.
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

voortrekker

Thanks kyjam for posting.

Although the subject matter is not immediate to Appleseed work, the information provided by the subscription should/will help build a good foundation in present young bucks and does that read this magazine.  Maybe it will help them become Americans on our team.

Therefore, I signed up for this special for all the many young patients I treat in my clinic.

Hopefully they will read them instead of texting on their phones whilst sitting in the lobby.   O0

For 17.76 bucks, it is hard to pass up for a two year subscription.

Brett out.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

kentuckyjam

I'm going to read through it and copy off some of the puzzles, etc to bring to kids at shoots.  It will get them a little more involved with the history on their level.  I also have some patriotic coloring sheets from work I'll hand out.  It has info from 1775, not just 1776.
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

POP

kyjam,
I ordered mine last night after reading yours and VT's posts.

Your idea here for keeping the young ones interested is terrific.   O0  Under age 12 or so they have such a short attention span.  Keep us posted with your great ways to keep kids "in the hunt" during and after an Appleseed event.

And, thanks for what you're doing to save the country.  These little ones will still be baling long after we're gone ... and you too.

POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

TNLadyPrepper

Can't wait to do many of the e-books with the girls!  Today while we're still in KY visiting - we went to several Bardstown Museums and one had quite a bit of Revolutionary War items - was neat to see my oldest (age 11) put it all together with what she had heard at Appleseed last weekend at Knob Creek!   O0