News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Hastings, NE July 24/25, 2010

Started by zombiehunter, July 26, 2010, 12:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehunter

Another beautiful weekend and another great Nebraska Appleseed in the bag.  Four Rivers Sportsman's Club hosted our first Appleseed at their range.  The club had a nice covered firing line, and a clubhouse with heated indoor lanes that we discussed using for Appleseeds once the Nebraska snow starts piling up.  Saturday was gorgeous with highs in the low 80s and we ended up with 13 shooters on the line and 6 instructors (Necede, Squirrel7, HatchetJack, Swampfox7, m4man, and me).  By the end of the day on Saturday, we had gotten through a few AQTs and had 2 shooters qualify as Riflemen.  Sunday showed a slight drop off with only 9 shooters, but by the end of the second day, 3 more 'seeders had shown that they know very much what they are about.  Now, onto some pics from the weekend:

Welcome to Appleseed!

A nice, covered range to give some shade in between COFs.

And here's the firing line.

The view downrange from the gear line.

Our first Rifleman of the weekend.  This is her fourth Appleseed and she scored an impressive 223; and by the end of the weekend, she had scored Rifleman on 3 other AQTs.  Oh, and she also accepted an Orange Hat.  She just needs to pick a forum name and I'm not sure if Mrs. Zombiehunter has the right ring to it.  Maybe we'll call her a vampire hunter.

And here's our second Rifleman with a respectable 211.

Let us tell you about a little bend up the road, called Merriam's Corner...

Sunday morning.  Welcome back!

Pink camo?  Seriously?

Sunday was an even better day of hammering out Rifleman on the anvil of the AQT.  Here's our first on Sunday - he didn't waste any time and scored a 224 on the first AQT of the day.  

And our second on Sunday.  He proceeded to shot an additional 2 Rifleman AQTs during the day, with his high being a 222.

Finally our third on Sunday.  Fluff was our boots on the ground range member who made this weekend happen.  Nebraska Appleseeders owe him a huge thank you.  He also shot another 3 Rifleman AQTs with his high score being 230.  

We also had a Red Hat promotion, as Necede took the next big step down the Appleseed trail.  Gibbs, our State Coordinator, started a new tradition on Saturday.  For every Nebraska Orange Hat who graduates to Red Hat, he's going to present them with an American flag.  Because we know that the fire of the American Revolution still burns in their hearts and minds.  I suppose I should also mention that when Gibbs made the long drive out to the range on Saturday, he brought his mom along who was a pleasure to have on the firing line.  Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Gibbs also cranked off an impressive 240 on an AQT Saturday afternoon, too!  Thanks to all the shooters and Instructors who made this another great weekend of Appleseeding!
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association! http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations new Rifleman O0
Not sure if Vampire Hunter is taken  :o :o :oSure is a fun FN  ;D
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Prospector

Congratulations to all! Maybe I should consider getting some pink camo to improve my accuracy...!

Sharps74

Awesome job!  Congratulations to Mrs. Zombie!
Proud owner of the world's ugliest Liberty Training Rifle.

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." – Rudyard Kipling

Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association!  http://www.nefirearm.com/