News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bowler, WI IBC 6/18/10 and the Worst Appleseed Ever!

Started by colycat, June 21, 2010, 01:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

Instructor in Training

Adam
Crash
Capt. Karl
George63
ChrisZ
Lady Vetch
Sparks1
Martin
Karl

Full Instructors
Colycat
Deacon
D-Fly
JoeZ
Whiskers
Ahhshoot
Trisha
Aftermath

Thanks to the IIT's arriving before 6PM on Friday, We were able to get the POI covered by 2:00PM Saturday, allowing the afternoon for a Mock Appleseed.  

Mock is the operative word here.  There has never been a worse group of students than this group of Red Hats.  They were inattentive to the instruction, asked hard questions and never once was the entire line made safe by them.  They had weird rifles, like Ahhshoots rifle with two barrels, "one that he put bullets into and the other one, the bullets shoot out of."  Deacon, the cook, showed up late, during the transition instruction( this would be around 1:30 PM at a regular AS) and demanded to join the line (without any safety briefing) Stating, " I pays my taxes!"  Definitely a One star shooter at four star event. ^:)^

This was really an Appleseed from h..l  and all the orange hats handled it with patience and professionalism.  Good job, Martin!  When you get to be a SB, a real AS will be a piece of cake.  BTW, all the red hats enjoyed the dry fire practice.  Something we do not do enough of.

Benidiction followed, with more history after supper.

Sunday for everyone was  full distance  AQT's.  Because we had four lines set up for this at the 1,2,3 and 400yrd distances, and ATV's, we were able to each get in 3 AQT's.  We also had time, for those who stayed late, to shoot at JoeZ's electronic registering steel target, set at 575 yrds.  Nice shooting, Ahhshoot, 6 hits out of 8, with a M1. :bow:  The target was 16X20".

Everyone left with lots of new knowledge and the IIT's all said it was worth the trip "up north."
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Gordon

Yep. Sounds like the worst evveeerrrrr. Sheesh, I'm glad y'all have a few real IIT's in the pipeline!

Seriously, that sounds like it was an excellent exercise. And pretty fun too. :)

nyrasgt

It is reliably said that teachers are either the best or worst students (with all that experience...); said IBC sounds as if it included Appleseed's "Greatest Hits" Errors and Bloopers set...perhaps it SHOULD be made into an instructional tape that could be used as practical exercise
@ other IBCs, as in count the observed misteaks (sic)...just a thought.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

crash

As coly has said it was the best IBC but the absolute worst appleseed!   ;D    

The instruction was fantastic, The camaraderie was great and there were enough instructors to students to have a lot of one on one, or one on two time.  :D

We had a great time with a lot of laughs while learning along the way.  We can't thank Joez and his family enough for allowing us the use of their property and taking such good care of all of us!!!

Ahhh what a happy couple!

saturday breakfast

saturday benediction

our saturday walk on  "i pays ma taxes!!!"

our walkon needed a few saftey lessons before joining the line  even if he does pays his taxes

Coly demonstrating standing

the absolute best G*D Damn instructors, but the absolute WORST students!!

Ahhshoot coming back from puddle jumping

Ahhhshoot I'm muddy

sitting on the mock line the clover and shed did not stand a chance

more of the mock line

D-fly words of wisdom

Sight in line

sighting in

more sighting in

sight in line

evening discussions

the ND barn

Deacons ND slit  Shooter number 4

Known Distance  or ND

"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

dragonfly

Hello all, this was a great event O0 . No records broken, But alot tought and alot learned.

Thanks everyone for coming and sharing :bow:  ..:.. .

Thanks to the Z family for the great hospitality :bow: :bow: :bow: O0 .

Pics on the way.

D-fly  Keeping the Faith.
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Johnnyappleseed

So you had fun  O0
Thanx for sharing --- almost like i was there  ;)
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

martin

Had a great time with great people. Thanks to all the instructors for their advise and sharing their experience with us. I have to add a special thanks to JoeZ and his family for hosting this event. What a great place!
   Thanks everyone!
    Martin
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Garand69

Sounds like a great time..... of course that isn't anything special about a WI IBC, it's the norm! O0 O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

ahhshoot

My sides are still sore from the mock AS. What a great idea. The IITs got the worst event out of the way, they had a chance to present material, and the Reds had a lot of fun.
This was a very well run IBC. First all the points of instruction well demonstrated by the red hats, then we broke up into three or four groups to practice. It worked very well and fast. It was truly a high speed low drag operation... with quads, Argos, and about 39 kids. The KD (or ND ;)) was amazing! We as instructors need to know a lot more about the full distance component of AS, and this weekend taught heaps. I'd like to thank ChrisZ's and JoeZ's wives for all the food, and behind the scenes work they did... and Deacon, who can't only shoot better than us but also cook.
Great job to all the IITs. One of the best parts of this program is to work side by side with patriots like you.
I'll end this post with a tribute to D-fly.
:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o :wall: :wb: ~~:) 8) :cool2: ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'( >:D ^-^ O0 :bow: %) #) :sos: &) &) @) ^:)^ **) ^:)^ !@#) ++) @@) $$-0 :)) @&) :~ ..:.. :--- ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

p.s. favorite quote of the weekend,"I musta got me three er four a dem lobster backs". -JoeZ
The past is only the future with the lights on.

AFTERMATH

Oh, boy...
I had a feeling I was gonna be missing out on something great if I couldn't make this IBC
Well, I was right...  So, I'm glad I made it!
Definitely, a most excellent endeavor.  With great rewards!
We had the hosts of hosts, excellent indestructors and great weather.
It truly was the worst Appleseed; but, at least for us Red Hats, it was certainly the funnest.
I just wish we were running hot. %) ++) $$-0
(Martin should probably submit an IAAR on the Mock AS, afterall he did a fine job as Mock SB O0)
The ND was a great learning experience! 
Despite the fact I was able to hit that 600yd target(16x20) with a 16in AR using standard irons; I learned that my ND game could use a little work.
My targets were talking to me, I'd better listen; even though my doctor says I shouldn't.
It was great to see the old faces and meet the new ones!
Thank you all for coming!
There should be a few RH's sprouting real soon!

I'll catch you on the Appleseed Trail,

Aftermath

P.S.  Appleseed is the contemporary manifestation of the quintessential American experience.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

Border raider comin in here!!!! Darn...forgot to have Colycat stamp my passport. Oh well next time. O0

If another IBC is at JoeZ's I will definately be there. Great folks, extreme hospitality, and instruction second to none.

Thanks to ALL for an IBC not to be topped. No need to list the names, you know who you are. Good to meet my fellow IIT's...the next wave of Redhats. ~~:)

Need pics posted.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

EEL

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Sounds like I missed 1 heck of an event!!

Sounds crazy, but while I'm sad....I'm overjoyed at the same time  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Nice work Team Wisconsin!  Couldn't be more proud of our neighbors to the north  :bow:

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Tiny

Its official Wisconsin Tiny is here.

Had a great time at the Z Place. From trying to find a forum name to the mock appleseed with our resident redneck Deacon. I couldn't have found a better way to spend the weekend. Good people, good food, and a little nd.

Cant wait to reintroduce myself to all of you as the one and only TINY.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!"   Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

Trisha

What a great weekend! I was worried that with less than 10 students going to it, that maybe we should have waited til the weather got colder to have it, but now I am really happy we were able to have it in June. The weather was wonderful all weekend, which helped us be able to be outside for stations, mock AS and the "ND".

Being at this IBC really reaffirmed why I chose to continue down the AS road. Thank you everyone for all of your input, advice, and laughter. I really enjoyed being here and I don't think it would be something I will forget.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this IBC run so smoothly, without you we wouldn't have had such a successful event.

dragonfly

Some pics;

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

More pics;

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

and more;

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

and more;

K.I.S.S.