News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty's Kids

Started by agenttokyo, June 22, 2010, 01:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agenttokyo

http://www.libertyskids.com is animated series for 8-14 year olds.  Takes some "liberties" with historical accounts to plug their main characters in.  Apparently old stuff (from 2003), but I just came across it myself and didn't see it mentioned around here.  I watched a few episodes to preview it.  A bit early for my own kids to watch, but I think it easily bests anything else out there for youngins to get an entertaining taste of history. 

Check it out kids!

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed ... However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Judge Alex Kozinski

GoldFish

I used to watch that show all the time when I was a bit younger.  My younger brother learned a bunch about people, events, and other things about the Revolutionary War from watching that show. :)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Browning BLR

I watched that show every chance I got, it is a great show!  O0 I saw the complete show being sold on ebay but it was WAY out of my price range.
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, strength, and mind; and love thy neighbor as thyself. Luke 10:27

Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

TNLadyPrepper

Amazon has the complete series for $31.99 - my girls love to watch it!

Mr_C

The Liberty Kids shows are on Netflix instant view also.

-M@

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams quotes (American 2nd US President (1797-1801), 1735-1826)
Mr_C

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
   -John Adams quotes (American 2nd US President (1797-1801), 1735-1826)

M1FREDQ

Great Series
My kids all 5 used to watch it on Public TV on Saturday mornings
Pretty good series
Much more info than the kids get in their "Social(ist)Studies books from their grade school

ColoradoBoots

I loved Walter Cronkite's voice as Ben Franklin.
ColoradoBoots

A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up.
Mae West

okgawre

Yeah,i think that it is perfect TV show,i like watching it ever,if i have baby ,i want to  bring him to see it.

The Log

I actually was amazed when we first saw it on Public Television. Seemed a bit out of place, right? It was actually the only PBS show my kids were allowed to watch. You're right, the historical liberties were a bit of a stretch at times, but the involvement in Revolutionary era history was more important than accuracy. My kids named their first goldfish George and Martha because of the show - sounds like it worked to me!
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

Who_Me?

I LOVED THAT SHOW! I was so sad when it was canceled :-\  Now that I am older and wiser, I know that not all of the facts are historically accurate, but its a great show and a wonderful start for my little sister :)
"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

The Log

Not sure if you have a Netflix account, but I've seen it available there. Both instantly and by DVD. HTH.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

TruTenacity

A more thorough list of episodes that may be watched on-line with an account.

http://www.clicker.com/tv/libertys-kids/

Look up Liberty's Kids on YouTube
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9