News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Current Kansas Instructor List

Started by The ][rishman, June 10, 2010, 04:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The ][rishman

I will work to keep this list current.

KSUGUY          IIT4
adamselene     IIT2
khamill2000     IIT
DWatson         IIT1
johndeereboy24 IIT0

If you see an errors or omissions please PM Patriot Gal with the correction.

III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abĂș
KD0OHT

4bfox

Just one....you should be "SB" now....
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ChadTB

Sorry If I am posting incorrectly.  I am trying to find out how I can become active in Appleseed.  I just returned with my family from our first Appleseed in Winterset, IA.,  It was awesome.  I plan on attending another one soon and have 3-4 friends that will attend with me.  Is there any plans to have one in Kansas this year?  I currently live in the Lawerence area and work in Atchison as the EMS Director, but would be willing to drive if it meant promoting Appleseed in Ks.  Please let me know I can help.

Thank you
Chad T. Beckley

connibear

ChadTB,

Glad you enjoyed your appleseed weekend. Currently there are no shoots in Kansas. Your closest event would either be in winterset IA  in oct. or the norman, Tulsa OK events also in Oct. or November. I hope to be having another event again next year in the Kansas City MO area, which would be the closest, but that won't be for awhile. MO will be having a shoot the first weekend of Nov. just south of Springfield, MO. You do have some options but will require traveling. Hope to see you on the trail.

Ben
MO SC
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

ChadTB

Thank you very much for you reply.  I will keep my eyes open.  I did really enjoy the group of instructors in Winterset IA, so I will try and return there.  Thanks again.

Chad

Shawn McEwen

Hi folks!  Just wanted to drop in and let you all know I'm moving from AZ to Edwardsville next month and wanted to get set up as an IIT and get to some shoots!  I'm currently putting together a mini Appleseed in AZ for Nov. 8th-11th as part of a weekend festival here, but will be back in Kansas by mid month.  I'm at the very beginning of the IIT ladder with one shoot worked last year, then had to take 2014 off to sell businesses and coordinate all the stuff that goes with it, so I'll pretty much be starting fresh out of the box.  If you need info, Scott Benjamin (azmule) is my current state coordinator, or you can reach me here.

Also, anyone know a good outdoor range around KC area for KD shooting?

Thanks,
Shawn

Lomshek

Hi Shawn,

Mill Creek Gun Club (between KC & Lawrence) is a good club from what I've heard (haven't been there myself yet). http://www.millcreekrc.org/cms/

Parma Woods is on the NW corner of KC, MO.
http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/kansas-city/parma-woods-shooting-range

I seem to remember another outdoor range south of KC but don't recall the name. 

You may want to check with the Missourians and see what they have going on too as far as Appleseeds since you're relatively close.  After our Oct AS we need to do some planning but will probably host one in Jan or Feb and again in Mar or Apr.

If you're into it I host USPSA matches on the first Sunday of each month.  The range I help at is about two hours south of KC.  Welcome (soon) to Kansas!

connibear

Shawn, if you will be moved by the first weekend of Oct. and are a die hard appleseeder, we have a shoot happening at osage beach the 4-5.  ;) Just a thought. I hope to be back at Pioneer Gun Club sometime next year at Holden/Bates City MO. We really could use some help there. It's about an hour from the east side of KC MO.

Hope to meet and wok with you sometime.

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Shawn McEwen

Sorry connibear, but as of yet I'm still right in the middle of the details of selling the family business.  We've had a bit of a setback with family emergencies on the buyers' end, but those things happen sometimes.  I should be in the swing of things and ready to go to work in time for the early Spring season, or the Jan/Feb shoots if everything falls into place.  I just got back from a whirlwind moving trip last weekend... only 2 more trips to go!  I'll let you know when everything's settled

Lomshek, thanks much for the range locations and links!  I see Mill Creek is set up for a May Appleseed too, and it's close.  I still have some loads to work up for a couple rifles as well as the fact that I just can't get too excited about taking a rifle to an indoor range.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned.  Never done USPSA, or any other specific doctrine really.  I live in a really small town of about 600 residents, in the middle of the mountains, so we just get together and shoot whenever to mood is right.  I would be up for trying some new stuff though, so I'll drop a line when I'm settled in and see what it's all about.

Thanks for all the info, and I'll be in touch soon!
Shawn

Shawn McEwen

OK, just got moved over on Saturday.  I sent a pm to Patriot Gal as to my change of residence, and such.  Now it's unpacking, stashing my crap (of which there are mountains) and getting on the Honey-Do's

See you all at the range!

connibear

AdamSelene

I have moved back to KS.  I am available.  I plan to be in Pitt for the OCT shoot.
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato