News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Location Specific: Putnam County Gun Club (PCGC)

Started by The Machine, June 09, 2010, 08:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMcM

Quote from: Spanner on July 14, 2010, 04:47:33 PM
Quote from: MacMcM on July 14, 2010, 04:28:27 PM
Frank,

How much time is spent on the range for the RBC? I can't tie up a range(longer than 25M) for a week ever.....

Can you tie it up for a Wednesday and Thursday?  That's all we'd need.  Otherwise, 25m.  Six days (Sunday-Friday) + the traditional trailing AS the following Sat/Sun (to exercise all those new orange hats).

On the Eventbrite capacity for the upcoming shoot:  I think you and siglite should figure out the max, and go ahead and set the Eventbrite capacity to that max.  I can't think of any good reason not to go ahead and do that.

Pick a week. (not anywhere close to Deer Season) I will run it up the flagpole... only caveat is Liberty Range must be finished first.
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

The Machine

QuoteI can't think of any good reason not to go ahead and do that.
Already taken care of.  :)

QuotePick a week. (not anywhere close to Deer Season) I will run it up the flagpole... only caveat is Liberty Range must be finished first.
I'm thinking about doing the RBC next year sometime. It requires some pre-planning, more so than a regular AS. I can talk to you about it when I see you...I was just giving you something else to think about as we develop AS events at PCGC.
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

MacMcM

It's now official. The newest range @PCGC is named the Liberty Range!!!
Once it is finished (dirt) we can have an AS at 25M just about any weekend.
My best guess is late September. If the stars align, we will be able to use it on Aug 28-29.
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

Chrome

This is fantastic.  As I've said before, I grew up a short distance from PCGC, do it's great to see you guys coming online with AS.  I can't wait to come down in August, should be a great time.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

MacMcM

Very very near a sellout! ^:)^ ..:..

Looking forward to meeting everyone...

MacMcM

Whomever triggers the emails to the registered shooters for this event... The Winfield Toll Bridge is still closed, and I suspect it will still be on August 28-29. Here are the updated driving directions to the PCGC.

You may want to edit the eventbrite thingy too...

NEW Driving Directions to the Putnam Co. Gun Club Range (eff. 4/5/10):

From Charleston, take I-64W to the Nitro Exit and turn right.  Take WV-25 to WV-62N.  Make left and follow WV-62N to the town of Eleanor.  Turn right on Eleanor Circle (Rite-Aid will be on your left).   See last paragraph...

From Point Pleasant, take US-35 to the Lower Buffalo Bridge. Cross the bridge and follow WV- 62S to the town of Eleanor.  Turn left on Eleanor Circle (Rite Aid will be on your right). 

From Huntington, take I-64 to the Teays Valley exit, turn left and follow WV-34N to US-35 (new 4 lane road).  Take US-35 to the Lower Buffalo Bridge. Cross the bridge and follow WV- 62S to the town of Eleanor.  Turn left on Eleanor Circle (Rite Aid will be on your right). 

From Eleanor Circle: Turn right on Park Road and continue thru the Park (the pool will be on your left), make a right by the old school house, crossing over a small concrete bridge.  Make another right onto the dirt/gravel road, continuing thru two gates (the first is the park gate and the second is the range gate).

Ratchett

Mac are we staying at 15 shooters or are you opening up to 20 I have 3 shooters who would like to come but were wait listed. Isn' t it great to have more shooters than range room, wish we could get every shoot like that---GO WVa CREW!!!

See ya in August,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

siglite

Well.... eventbrite says we're sold out.  I don't know if that's sold out at 15, or sold out at 20.  Either way, this is going to be a great shoot.
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

MacMcM

It may be sold out at 20... We can handle a few more than that physically... TM, please see that the new driving directions are sent ou (above) and let us know what the reg # is for sure..

I guess that comes out Tues?

The Machine

Issue #1: I don't want to change the directions on the EIP since this detour deal is only a temporary thing, and there is more involved with making changes to things like this than most realize. That's why it's very important to get accurate info about a location, prior to creating the EIP and scheduling shoots. I will pass along the new directions to the individual who handles eventbrite, and hopefully they can shoot an email to all who have registered. Back in the "old days", I could have done this myself, but circumstances have changed since then. Thanks for the heads-up about it Mac.

Issue #2: The capacity for PCGC was changed to 20, so I assume if it is sold out, it would be for that number of people. This will be verified when the pre-regs are updated tomorrow. Having the ability to squeeze a couple extra on the firing line will work out fine if we have some walk-ons.

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

siglite

QuoteThe capacity for PCGC was changed to 20, so I assume if it is sold out, it would be for that number of people.

EXCELLENT.
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

SavageShootr

Hello WV!!

The changes have been made on the EIP, in blue and I kept the original directions on there. We can delete them when it is behind us.

I sent the detour directions in a mass email to all of the people who had pre registered.

Great job getting this Appleseed promoted! This event is sold out at 19, with 4 people on the waitlist. That usually means that the first person to get on the list tried to book 2 or more tickets, when there was only 1 available.

SS

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Spanner

Quote from: SavageShootr on July 19, 2010, 07:59:04 PM

The changes have been made on the EIP, in blue and I kept the original directions on there. We can delete them when it is behind us.

I sent the detour directions in a mass email to all of the people who had pre registered.

Thanks SavageShootr!    O0 

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

MacMcM

:bow:   You guys Rawk!    :bow:

MacMcM

Does anyone know who will be in charge of this shoot?
I need to coordinate some stuff with whomever.

The Machine

Quote from: MacMcM on July 26, 2010, 10:00:31 PM
We're working on it MAC, and their contact info will be passed along to you ASAP. Whomever it is, you can rest assured they will put on a successful and productive shoot.

MacMcM

Quote from: The Machine on July 27, 2010, 10:54:23 PM
Quote from: MacMcM on July 26, 2010, 10:00:31 PM
We're working on it MAC, and their contact info will be passed along to you ASAP. Whomever it is, you can rest assured they will put on a successful and productive shoot.
I have no doubts about that..... My concern is I have to go out of town for business for a week, and I want to get this event planned and coordinated so I can relax some.

The Machine

We now have a Shoot Boss scheduled for the Aug. Appleseed; jmdavis . He is a Senior Instructor from VA who's been involved with the program for quite some time.

Ratchett

JMDavis,

Welcome aboard and thanks for stepping up---think I will have to make a breakfast casserole to bring along  ^-^

See you in Aug..til then stay strong and keep the Faith!
IHG,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Spanner

^:)^

Quote from: The Machine on July 29, 2010, 11:15:36 PM
We now have a Shoot Boss scheduled for the Aug. Appleseed; jmdavis . He is a Senior Instructor from VA who's been involved with the program for quite some time.

I urge all IIT's (sorry shooters; sold out) in the area to git yourself down to this shoot (Aug 28-29     Eleanor, WV) and grab yourselves a big slice of sunny VA instruction.  We are fortunate indeed.  Don't pass up this opportunity!

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

jmdavis

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on July 29, 2010, 11:26:26 PM
JMDavis,

Welcome aboard and thanks for stepping up---think I will have to make a breakfast casserole to bring along  ^-^

See you in Aug..til then stay strong and keep the Faith!
IHG,
Ratchett

I do like that breakfast casserole.  O0

Thanks for the Welcome, guys. I will be following up with those who are signed up to instruct as we get closer to talk about PC's etc. This is going to be a good one!

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

The Machine

Mac has just informed me we have another date for PCGC--Nov. 6-7, 2010. There's a chance we will be adding a Dec. date shortly, so if anyone couldn't get in on the Aug. shoot, there's more coming soon.  ;)

MacMcM

Already getting registrations for Nov 6-7 at Eleanor... Maybe another sellout???

MacMcM

Quote from: MacMcM on July 01, 2010, 10:26:00 AM
I went to PCGC last evening to look around and sight in a NEW LTR....

I have decided to make the new "Liberty Range" 50M long and 25M wide. It should accomodate 20 AS shooters easily, and have next-to-range parking. Eventually we will even have covered shooting positions, but only sky for now. We can plant pipes at the 25M point to facilitate target stands.

>>>>>The grand opening of the Liberty Range will be April 16-17, 2011... go ahead and book it!

Back to the LTR... had FTF on all 5 mags with Federal high dollar ammo... CCI mini mags fed better.
Guess there is a breaking in period for the non existent feed ramp. I did buy the 1022 performance eBook.
Some good stuff in there. Oh Keith, I have 2 1022's now.... this is not the one we worked on... still no bullets thru it yet.