News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congratulations Hoover! Ohio's Newest Red Hat!

Started by MeanStreaker, June 14, 2010, 11:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

techres

AWESOME!!!

I had faith on Saturday that I would see that hat change.  I am always happy to be right.  8)
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

MeanStreaker

I swear that first pic is the start of a very brief man-hug................. not what it looks like.   **)
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Gordon

Congratulations Hoover!
Great feelin', ain't it? It was great seeing you this weekend; I've realy come to appreciate your wise patience, humor, and generousity on the 'Trail.

Now Hoover, sorry, I gotta hassle this guy:
Quote from: MeanStreaker on June 14, 2010, 11:15:26 AM
I swear that first pic is the start of a very brief man-hug................. not what it looks like.   **)
Gee Mike, I wouldn't've thought of it 'til you pointed it out! :)

Ishy

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

posterboy

therealsteamer

Hoover

Thanks, everyone!  I feel very privileged to have served with so many of you and from whom I have learned so much.  No doubt many states develop through good instructor mentoring; but, Ohio's program is and has been exceptional--with so many committed instructors to learn from.

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

slim

SoxInCincy

Congrats Again Hoover!

Glad I could be on site to witness a fantastic Orange Hat get the Red Hat.  Looking forward to catching you on the trail again soon.
Acta Non Verba

jeep45238

USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

CortJestir

Well done and well deserved, Hoover. Congrats!
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

HPT

Hoover is a great instructor and I am inspired by his example.  I hope to be half as good as him some day.

I was fortunate enough to be present for the award - that is the back of my head in the pictures.
To be ignorant of what happened before you were born... is to live the life of a child for ever.
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Luna

Great job Hoover and thank you for all the work you have done to improve not only Ohio, but the entire Appleseed program.  Congratulations.....

RedNekEngr

"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

Ratchett

HOOVER!!!! Job well done! See you in July to see that bright shiny red hat---after that it will look like MS and The Guy's ;D ;D ;D Keep trail blazin'!

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Cutter

Dear MeanStreaker:

You might remember me from the New Philadelphia Shoot,  I was shooting the 8mm Mauser.  During one of our conversations you made the comment that your were of the opinion "that every American should own a .30 caliber battle rifle."  This thought has weighed heavily on my mind.  I have several models that I am considering and would appreciate you input on makes or models.  I am guessing when you say .30 caliber, you mean .308 or 30-06 and not the 7.62 x 39 round or the 7.62 Russian round.  I value your input.

Thanks!

Cutter

TrainingWheels

Just wanted to say gratz again Hoover. You sooo deserve it!

MeanStreaker

--Thomas Paine

Faitmaker

Hoover,
Your instruction was valued during the Patriots' Day weekend in New Phillie and I know that you deserve that hat.  Huzzah!

voortrekker

Congratulations Hoover!

It's a long hard grind earning that Red Hat!!!!

THANK YOU for your dedication in ensuring that future American Riflemen/Riflewomen will be realized  and  preserving our Republic's history.

Also, I'd like to add, good job OHIO!!!

Y'all have certainly come along way through hard work and good leaders in Ohio.

Keep up the strong work!!!

Brett in TX.
If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.