News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chamberlain, SD June 5-6

Started by Whisker, June 06, 2010, 04:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

This was Chamberlain's first shoot, hidden on the bluffs above the Missouri river valley.  An Appleseed with a view!   South Dakota Game Fish and Parks issued us a permit to use the range the reserve for law enforcement personnel.   They checked on us Saturday and seemed content and in approval.  However, I couldn't get him to pick up the extra LTR and do a redcoat... shucks.

Had a few cancellations due to health and schedules, but we had 3 shooters on the line Saturday morning.  They came back on Sunday and brought a new guy, and they all did very well.  All felt they improved. 

Skyhawk- Thanks for stopping by to help on your way to Wyoming.  When you get the chance, post those pictures to make everyone jealous of that range's vista!

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

colycat

Sounds like a very nice venue.  Don't let the only 3 shooters put a damper on the event.  We had only three at Chaseburg's inaugural event, but 3 weeks later, ended up with a new IIT from there.  We will never know how the decisions we take today, will play out in the future.  Thanks Whisker for getting to this event with all you had to go through to get there.

Btw, you had 8 pre regs,  could not all have been sick, could they?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Whisker

No damper!  We went through with it wholly.

8 pre-regs = 3 shooters, 1 membership, 2 families of 2 who couldn't make it. No biggie, SD has lots coming up in July. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

SkyHawk

Here are some pics to show this is the most beautiful AS range I've ever seen (which might not be saying much since I've only seen a handful).  But I'd like to hear from others if this is definitely up near the top.  

It was great meeting and working with Whisker.

Also someone please PM me with the trick to insert a lower res image only without uploading the file if possible.

"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

SkyHawk

The shooters receiving instruction.
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson