News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sherburne, LA June 5-6 AAR

Started by spmcpeek, June 08, 2010, 01:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spmcpeek

What a wonderful weekend in South Louisiana!  We experienced the joys (HA!) of all kinds of weather from heat to downpours which left much of the range covered in water.

I am at work and don't have my notes with me, but I think we had 19 shooters on Saturday and 17 on Sunday.  I'll get pictures up after I get home.

By the end of the weekend, we had two new Riflemen, Doug and Wayne.  Doug has also agreed to take an Orange Hat and help the Instructor Corps from Louisiana grow.
We also had six fine, young patriots who all made improvement over the course of the weekend.

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend.  Thanks to my instructors for helping to make my first event as Shoot Boss trouble free.  A special thanks to Pop for his assistance this weekend, as well as all he has done to help get the state going, especially in Shreveport.

Shmannah

Though I missed the rainy half of the first day and most of what I was there for was waaaaaay too hot, I had a great time this weekend.

I was especially happy to see so many young shooters there learning and persevering and (especially) having a good time!  Despite the ridiculous heat I didn't hear a word of complaint from any of the young men who were out there this weekend and I was very impressed by their determination to improve.  If any of you gentlemen (or your parents) are reading, you should know that you all did an awesome job!

I was glad to see our usual Sherburne group out there as well as some new people.  I think we had a pretty good group this time around and I'm already looking forward to next time!  Woo!

spmcpeek

Pictures incoming

spmcpeek

More pictures

spmcpeek

still more pitctures

spmcpeek

last page of pictures

Don71047

Well if you couldn't swim and heat was an issue you would have figured it out this weekend! What a GREAT GROUP of dedicated shooters! As usual Steve and Pop made the history memorable and the instruction was superb.The shooters proved they too were determined to stick it out through a tropical storm or small hurricane. Looking forward to the Shreveport June 26Th 27Th shoot,(don't worry it will much cooler here in Yankee Louisiana),hope to see some of y'all from Sherburne. I enjoyed meeting all the new faces and seeing some other shooters who returned. I want to give special thanks to Allen F. for an awesome Cajun dinner and a great history lesson about Morgans Riflemen. The more I attend these shoots the more I have hope for our country, keep spreading the word to all your friends and relatives, the more people we can reach the better it will be for all of us and future generations. Until next time keep shooting!

P.S. Way to go Doug & Mark