News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Information needed, any help is appreciated

Started by stschil, June 04, 2010, 07:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stschil

I am new to the Appleseed and have recently registered myself, my 11 y/o daughter and my girlfriend for the event in Cloverdale on Jun 26 and 27.  We read somewhere that camping onsite was available and my questions are:

What type of camping arrangements are allowed?  I have a pop up camper that I would like to bring.

Is there water available for cooking/cleaning, etc?

Is is possible to arrive on Fri evening and set up?

Thank you in advance for an help you can give

Steve
"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

techres

I have PM'ed our "Boots on the Ground".  They should be along shortly to answer your questions!

Cloverdale is a great range.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

yellowhousejake

DaveD will certainly expound on my answers but I will give it a try.

Quote from: stschil on June 04, 2010, 07:40:25 AM

What type of camping arrangements are allowed?  I have a pop up camper that I would like to bring.

Camping is primitive, a popup should be OK.
The water is not potable, boiled for cleaning should be fine. We bring water.
Yes, a Friday setup should be OK, I believe DaveD will be setup Friday night for other campers.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

DaveD

Quote from: stschil on June 04, 2010, 07:40:25 AM
I am new to the Appleseed and have recently registered myself, my 11 y/o daughter and my girlfriend for the event in Cloverdale on Jun 26 and 27.  We read somewhere that camping onsite was available and my questions are:

Thank you in advance for an help you can give

Steve

Steve

I will be on site Friday afternoon setting up camp for the weekend.  Your Pop up is fine.  The camping is primitive, bring your own water, Porta-John on site.  Weather permitting (no down pours) we will have a campfire in the evening.

Bring your bug repellent!

Dave
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

stschil

Outstanding!    Thank you very much for the information

My girlfriend attended the Ladies Only in May and loved it.  After hearing her tales, I decided that, though I can teach my daughter, I would much rather have her hear our nations history and witness that there are many more folks in this world who think like her daddy does.
  Also, having other girls and women there shooting will be a great reinforcement for her.

Looking forward to it.   Can't wait to hear the Range Boss say those wonderful words, "Firers, watch your lanes", once again.  It's been too long for me!

AuntieBellum

Your daughter will be in good company since my 14 year old sister will be there, too.  See you at Cloverdale!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

stschil

That's awesome!   
  Taking my daughter to buy her first .22 rifle tonight.  She's pumped.