News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Two more "California Girls" make Instructor!

Started by BaldDragn, June 01, 2010, 12:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

That's right we got a Two-Fer this weekend.

Both Jules and NorCal22Gal have earned their Red Hats and I had the honor of presenting the new Instructors at the Memorial day Sacramento event.

I've watch Jules battle through extremely difficult and painfull conditions to achieve this goal and I'm as proud as humanly possible that she stuck it out, showing the perseverance of a true Riflewoman full measure. I was particularly tough on Jules, as I was often her Shoot Boss and I wanted to be sure she would always know she earned the hat fair and square. Now I know when the day comes that she is running the shoot I had better bring my A game or I'll be rightfully called on it quick. It's all good, because the students with benefit.

NorCal22Gal traveled from Redding CA to be at our first Sacramento Mini. Total in attendance was her, Eaglescouter, and me. She confided in me then that she never thought she would EVER be able to perform the duties of instructor and she had just taken the orange hat so she could be of help. I never doubted that inside this quite and shy lady beat the heart of a Riflewoman. It was just a matter of time until she saw it too. Her dedication and willingness to travel long distances to get the training she needed goes above and beyond any reasonable expectation and I know that Appleseed in NorCal has a solid foundation in NorCal22Gal. Eaglescouter ain't bad either but we'll talk more about that in the future.

So please give these fine ladies the adulation they so richly deserve and, welcome them to the ranks of California Instructors!
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Evenstar

Congrats to Jules and NorCal22Gal! Quite an accomplishment! Way to go! O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Western Rose

Congratulations, ladies!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
One of these days all of us girl instructors should work a shoot together! :cool2:
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

TruTenacity

Congratulations, Ladies!!!

Thanks for paving the way and setting a fine example for the rest of us.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

NorCal22Gal

Thanks all...Now the new journey begins....

Thanks to BaldDragn and my hubby EagleScouter for their ecouragement and support along the way.

Western Rose anytime you wanna come our way for a shoot you are more than welcome.  Red Bluff and Sacramento both!! 

Just a note...we have a new Jr Instructor D'Annie O...she'll be a fine red hat when the time comes.  Her cousin Half-a-Clip will be joining her in the jr IIT ranks this coming weekend. 

It'll be great watching them come up the ranks

Evenstar

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

NorCal22Gal

Even Star,

D'Annie O will be as soon as she gets signed up.  Half-a-Clip had the name given to her by her uncle...you'll have to ask her why...cute story.  As far as I know she isn't on the forum yet either.  Probably after the Lemoore shoot she'll be on.

NorCal22Gal

Jules

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on June 01, 2010, 02:50:15 PM
Even Star,

D'Annie O will be as soon as she gets signed up.  Half-a-Clip had the name given to her by her uncle...you'll have to ask her why...cute story.  As far as I know she isn't on the forum yet either.  Probably after the Lemoore shoot she'll be on.

NorCal22Gal

And don't forget Tank, who is D'Annie O's brother 
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

artkat2

Outstanding you guys O0
   I'm sure that red hat will look great on top of all that hard work!

hope to meet on the trail someday...

Andy
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Evenstar

Thanks Jules and NorCalgal. I'll get 'em on my list.

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

jacques

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!!!!

Jules, I realize you have been through a lot to get this.  You should be very proud of your accomplishment.   O0 O0 And you know,  with that Dragon breathing down your neck,  you had it tougher than anyone else would have it.  ;)

Norcal22gal, you too, a welcome addition. Nor cal really needs instructors up there.  O0 O0
Two Words-Meriams Corner

Ratchett

Jules And NorCal22Gal,  

Job Well Done ladies!!!  Always happy to see those bright new red hats come out O0 O0 A lot of hard work goes into EARNING those beauties---congratulations ^:)^ ..:.. ^:)^

Jules, working through those physical hold backs is not easy but dang girl you showed 'em!!

Stay strong and keep the Faith!!
In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Gordon

Congratulations you two!

NC22, we've never communicated but I've seen your name all over the place!

Jules, if you want I.S. to stop using the letters IIT next to your name, write your screenname on the back of a $20 bill and send it to them. I'm sure they'll fix you right up. ;)

Seriously, as one new red-hat to two anothers, again, congrat's to both. Ain't it great!?

I gotta get out to an Golden State Appleseed someday, somehow.

AFTERMATH

Congratulations!!!

Looks like California just got even better!

Huzza!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

NorCal22Gal

Thanks ;D FuzzyMath..congrats to you as well.  Come on out....CA welcomes all..

GunnerD

Congrats to both. What a great example for my aspiring young daughter to look up to! Bravo Zulu Ladies!!

Cal 7.62

HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!  ^:)^
And a tip o' the hat to these fine ladies who know what very well what they are about. O0
Lookin forward to workin with you gals on the trail someday.  :)
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Camljr

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!   Jules has been a model of perserverance that I wish I could emulate.... and I, for one, am glad to see her stick it out and get that Instructor's red hat!!!  As if she had a choice...  But she did have a choice and took it full on.
I can't wait to work a shoot that YOU are shoot bossing. That alone would be worth the trip up there!!!

Seriously, Jules (aka: Scrappy) .... Congratulations. O0

And what can I say about NorCal22gal. I remember her working admin for me at a shoot that I shoot bossed in Sacramento on Jun 13-14, 2009, then later that weekend, shot her rifleman score... She was sooooo proud, as you can see in her Avatar picture... She got a little color that day.. $$-0    I am very proud you made it, as I remember you balking at the orange hat at first, I think you were scared of what it entailed.  :sos:

You also met the call, not quite so head on, but slowly and persistently, and 'YOU MADE IT!"     ^:)^

Now, a new chapter for both of you... there are many future women and girl Appleseeders that will be looking up to you (some men too), and seeing that they might one day be able to be an instructor, too!!!  ;)

Great job, both of you....

Cam

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Antibubba

Jules, a happy dance has been performed in your honor!   :bow:

I'm so glad Sac and Gardnerville went so well.  We're firmly entrenched in NorCal and gaining toeholds north and east.  I can't believe California has 230 Riflemen!
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

LayloPro

Jules, NorCal,

Please allow me this opportunity to offer my heartiest congratulations on your accomplishments!!! O0 :bow: O0

You guys are helping -ROCK IT- in the NorCal area!! O0 O0 O0

Keep up the great work!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

ThaiFighter

Congratulations to the both of you from way back East! :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete