News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Davilla, TX: May 22nd & 23rd, 2010

Started by spitstickler, May 23, 2010, 10:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

It was a great weekend in Davilla. I'm sorry I missed out getting to see all those Riflemen patches being handed out Sunday afternoon. I enjoyed meeting all of you and congratulations to all the new Riflemen!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

zonkertx

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

spitstickler

Reddot

Great Pictures Spit!!
Thanks for sharing!

Texas Rifleman

...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

Beezer

Great event this weekend!  The instructors did an excellent job, and Scout was a gracious host as usual. 

Thanks to everyone for welcoming my friend Timothy.  He had a great time, learned a lot, showed excellent progress, and made some new friends.  He mentioned his plans to come back with the eldest two of his five children, and perhaps his lovely wife. 

Aromatic

Great pictures Spit.  Andrew, you look good in that hat  :~

starfox

Reddot!  That orange hat is looking mighty sharp!  First strike too!  Awesome!  Sorry I had to man the fort at home and watch over the little ones (that being four Dachshunds who keep us on our toes!).

Quote from: Reddot on May 24, 2010, 03:06:10 PM
Great Pictures Spit!!
Thanks for sharing!

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

starfox

And congrats Beezer on that Rifleman's patch!  Great job!!    :---   ..:..

Quote from: Beezer on May 24, 2010, 05:56:54 PM
Great event this weekend!  The instructors did an excellent job, and Scout was a gracious host as usual. 

Thanks to everyone for welcoming my friend Timothy.  He had a great time, learned a lot, showed excellent progress, and made some new friends.  He mentioned his plans to come back with the eldest two of his five children, and perhaps his lovely wife. 
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

ToddW

Shalom my friends! I had very good time, and the people were friendly. Watching the children shoot was alone worth the price of admission. I did, to my own shame, have to leave early on Sunday, all the crossed legged sitting made my hip emit quite a bit of pain, and I figured I would stop wasting the ammo. I'm going to work on my hip issue and will be bringing my wife to the December shoot.

Thank you Scout for the use of your facility. And if the Sheriff's officer Brett sees this (he was my partner during Ball and Dummy), please drop me a line, we'll do some hog hunting this fall. 

This did give me a chance to learn a lot, and see what gear of mine needs replaced, bought or modified outright.

Chuck, Everet, Mike were the ones I had the most contact with and are wonderful people.

I was told before I went to look up...Doug. I did, I have never met a man like that in my life, and I could have spent the entire weekend bs'ing with him. A unique gem.

See you all in December!
Todd

עַם יִשְׂרָאֵל חַי,

CaptG

Sorry I was stuck at work. Looks like ya'll had a great shoot. I'll be there next month.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Texas Rifleman

Actually RedDot did the 3rd strike. And he did a GREAT job.
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

ToddW

scuzzy

Quote from: ToddW on May 24, 2010, 11:16:06 PM
Shalom my friends! I had very good time, and the people were friendly. Watching the children shoot was alone worth the price of admission. I did, to my own shame, have to leave early on Sunday, all the crossed legged sitting made my hip emit quite a bit of pain, and I figured I would stop wasting the ammo. I'm going to work on my hip issue and will be bringing my wife to the December shoot.

Chuck, Everet, Mike were the ones I had the most contact with and are wonderful people.

I was told before I went to look up...Doug. I did, I have never met a man like that in my life, and I could have spent the entire weekend bs'ing with him. A unique gem.

See you all in December!
Todd

עַם יִשְׂרָאֵל חַי,

Hello son of אברהם

I hope I got the old script above correct!

I am glad you liked it at Davilla. There are are very good people there. Doug in an exceptional individual. Have you heard him recite the beginning of the Declaration of Independence from memory? He does poetry too! Good stuff. Crazy stories about being in the Marines. Mostly true too. Crazy truth more than fiction, eh?

Brett is a good teacher. He has patience and understanding.

Scout is a generous host to us all.

Shalom,
scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

BDG

lookin' good there y'all. Some fine pics for all to see. And Voortrekker is definitely a fine SB. With him and Scout running things, I'm sure everything went smoothly.
Davilla Eleven-Oh-Eight!!

Baminal

Sorry it has taken me so long to post here, but better late......

This was my first AS and I have to take my hat off to all the instructors and host Scout in particular.  Excellent emphasis on safety, good breakup of shooting/instruction tips/history throughout the day, as well as roughly 2315 reminders to drink more water.

The weekend was very helpful and informative for me, and would have been even better if RedDot could have coaxed 3 or 4 more hit points out of me and my bolt action so I could have taken a patch home.

I now I get to spend a couple months dry firing at outlet plates until I can make the trip over in the nice balmy weather of July in Central Texas.

See you at the range!

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)