News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Traveling routes in Indiana

Started by LaneArein, May 31, 2010, 10:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaneArein

I am going to be traveling through Indiana to a shoot and mapquest wants me to take HWY31 to Michigan.  I am inclined take I65 toI 94.  Has anyone ever taken 31 before? and is it stop and go in every small town.  Or is it smooth sailing?

Thanks
TS

yellowhousejake

Through Indiana... from where, to where? US31 will be slower though it will be less miles depending on where you are going, and if you need to travel 50 miles or 150 miles on US 31.

I switched back from online tools to a road atlas years ago. Wasn't disappointed for 30 years before online maps, haven't been disappointed since switching back   :))

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

LaneArein

Sorry 'bout that.  Catch Hwy 31 from Indianapolis to South Bend.

yellowhousejake

Quote from: LaneArein on May 31, 2010, 11:05:11 PM
Sorry 'bout that.  Catch Hwy 31 from Indianapolis to South Bend.

I65 to I94 without a doubt will be faster. When you come through Indianapolis stay on I65 and run straight through. I465 is a mess right now in all directions.

Hope that helps.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Bill 3

Hey YHJ - going to have to disagree with you here.  From Indy to South Bend - take 31.  65 to 94 will add enough miles to make it slower. Of course knowing the final destination helps.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

LaneArein

Not trying to be sneaky or anything, but the destination is Indian Lake, MI.  From Cincinnati, OH  It's not Appleseed related.  I asked this here because this is the only forum of national people who are friendly enough to answer that I am a member of.

Bill 3

Use 31.  You will have to put up with 465 when circling Indy.  Also make sure you don't end up on business 31 through South Bend.  Stick to the bypass.  31 through most of northern Indiana is almost as good as a freeway.  Another thing to note.  There is construction on 65 as you approach where I am at in NW Indiana if you choose that route.  It varies from minor delay to take a nap depending on what they are doing and the time of day.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

yellowhousejake

Bill drives it more than I, I have not had to go that way in over a year. I'd ignore that YHJ guy and follow Bill's advice.

YHJ

YHJ

LaneArein

I appreciate all input.  When mapquest sent me that route, I was a little leary.  Sometimes roads like that have a stop light in every small town along with 45 mph speed limits.

See you on the trail.