News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bowler, WI IBC June 18, 19, 20!!!!!!

Started by Trisha, May 29, 2010, 08:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

WI IBC right around the corner! IITs this is your chance to continue honing in on your instructor skills, move up a notch or 2. Instructors sign, up refresh yourself on the instruction. Lets get ourselves ready for the most active part of the whole year!

We will start friday at 6pm in the hopes of shooting KD out to 400 yards on sunday.

Now who's going? Chime in here!

Where: Bowler, WI JoeZ's cabin.

Date: June 18, 19, 20

Camping available:  Rural setting so primitive camping is available.  Bunking accommodations inside. Bring a sleeping bag and pillow and your personal items.

Hotels:  Plan on staying at the cabin; either camping outside or bunking inside.   

Directions:  Hwy 29 west (or east if coming from the west) to Hwy D (or J if coming from the west) and go north, it's the first driveway to the right north of the Hwy D and Hwy J intersection.

GPS:  44.846985, -88.975160  Copy and paste this in Google Maps and go to satellite. It points to the house.

Misc: This is a Pot Luck weekend so pick Dish(s) or item(s) that will be good to share.  Contact Brenda brendaz@zignego.com  to be sure we do not double up on items, or if you would like to know what to bring.

Bring a lawn chair to sit on, and a notebook and writing instruments.    Most of the classes will take place indoors.  However, be ready for a mock Appleseed outdoors.   Bring an updated Instructor Manual found here

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9374.msg80452#msg80452

This area has lots of wood ticks this time of year. Bring repellant and spray your feet and pants well.

For More Information Contact: Private Message to "Deacon" on the Appleseed forum, email deaconrwva@gmail.com or PM to "Colycat" phone 608-356-6476, or PM to "JoeZ" on the forum.

Registration Link:  http://www.eventbrite.com/event/685370963

colycat

This a a warning to all WHO WILL NOT BE THERE.  This is going to be the IBC people will talk about for years,  almost like the rough IBC at Funfallers.   We will work our butts off into the late hours, we will have fun doing it.(believe me I know) and IF EVERYONE WORKS AS HARD AS I WILL,  we will  do a full distance AQT on Sunday.  The IIT's will run it and the RH's will shoot ..:..  This will be your chance as an IIT to really give it to the RH's and Me.  God, I cant wait for this weekend.  There will be sessions on how to run a shoot, what you should do to be a great SB,  and of course all the clear and concise basics of how to instruct.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Well Trisha, its not really a cabin.  Its a big, spacious farm house, with a great room addition.  I think there is 37 beds ^:)^ ^:)^  And a 400 yrd range.  Room for all the IIT's from the greater midwest.  Not to mention all the super Red Hats who are already signed up.  I think we might even have Stimey, from NC show up.  Ohh the beauty of Appleseeds.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Indoor plumbing and all the comforts of home ..:...

Wow sounds like a Mini RBC :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

Anybody put a call out to Elton John %). I heard he is going to be in Shiocton on the 5th of June **) **)

D-fly  @)
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

sparks1

Now, for sure, I will not miss this one. ( my first IBC) If alot of people come we may need a half a beef to feed the crew. **) Wow...I did not know what the accomodations would be. Can't wait to meet new people and hear their experiences.

I will be there.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Mogget

I heard Colycat is going to temporarily strip Deacon of his Rifleman patch so that he can do the cooking...

Um, um, um.  Finger-lickin' good!!!

Mogs

sparks1

What to bring for the "potluck"?  No reply from the email address in the info for Bowler IBC.

I make a mean "Weenie Water soup". :o

(John Maxwell)

Trisha

well it's always good to bring drinks, such as water, gatorade, soda. Food that people can snack on or something that can be part of the meals. I have been to one where people bring spaghetti, chili, soup, food that is easy to make in large quantities. Any kind of breakfast food would be helpful too. I hope that helps. I didn't really narrow anything down, but I wanted to give you at least an idea of what people make/bring to IBCs.

sparks1

Thanks. Is there a BBQ grill available? 

(John Maxwell)

Deacon

Quote from: sparks1 on June 03, 2010, 06:32:22 PM
Thanks. Is there a BBQ grill available? 

Thinking about bringing a pig to roast??? ^:)^

sparks1

Naw....piglet. O0 A pig would take more than a grille. 

(John Maxwell)

Deacon

Ok Everyone........................

Less than a week until the IBC "up nort"!!

If you haven't registered, or are still "thinking" about it.......well, stop thinking about it and get registered!!!!!  &)

Colycat :bow: and the crew have a great IBC planned....and I hear that I was "voluntold" to do some cooking!

If any of yous have any questions, please contact me at 608-516-8353. 

I will be leaving the Madison area about 3:00pm on Friday, so if you want to car pool up there, then let me know. 
What a great way to spend Father's Day Weekend! ^:)^ ^:)^

Thanks!

Deacon

Gumballhead

Hi All -

I can count two IL Border raiders (DOM and I), maybe two more (I'm trying to get some of our IL brethren up there)!

Certainly my idea of a great way to spend father's day...400 yards!  ^:)^ ^:)^

DOM and I will see you Friday!  O0

Whisker

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Gumballhead

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, but DOM and I will not be attending.

Something has come up, and we cannot make the trip.  >:(

Have fun for us!

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Gumballhead on June 16, 2010, 05:03:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry, but DOM and I will not be attending.

Something has come up, and we cannot make the trip.  >:(

Have fun for us!

What?  You can't bail on bailin'! ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)
Alright, since we must be forgiving; we shall let you go this time.
Your penence will be 3 WI shoots, 2 MN shoots and one IA shoot as well as the RBC in MO.  On top of every possible IL shoot. 
I'll see you two on the line!

As far as the rest of you; I shall be arriving this evening.  ETA--  20:00-21:00
I've got some extra coffee if it is needed.  If not; that's more for me! >:D %) $$-0
If anything else is needed; let me know.  763--742--5391 My cell reception sucks right now; if no answer leave a msg or send a text; I'll respond ASAP.

Let's see if I can get lost this time. ;)

I'll see you there!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]