News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

San Antonio in June

Started by Shooterer, April 16, 2010, 03:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooterer

Howdy Tex,
I'll be in San Antonio June 3-6. Any near by shoots that weekend? (I have Saturday open). Or are there any non-tourist trap thing I should see while I'm there?

Thanks,
Shooterer
(from WI)
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

dragit

Only AS listed so far for that weekend is Amarillo, which is too far.  Fredericksburg is coming online this weekend, and if it becomes a regular AS that could be a possibility.  Approx 1.5-2 hrs north of S.A.  I live in New Braunfels which is also north of S.A.  The local range is 5 minutes from my house.  There is a 500 yard range there but will be having a highpower shoot on that Sat.  25-200 yd ranges open and a pistol range.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Shooterer

Quote from: tnewty on April 16, 2010, 04:53:06 PM
will be having a highpower shoot on that Sat. 

HIGHPOWER now you're talking, that's my game. O0

but, I know how well you Texans shoot and your history at the game so I won't embarrass my self by showing up. :o

SamD

tnewty,
How come there ain't no Appleseed at your home range ther in NB?

SamD

dragit

The 25-200 yd range is set up in a way that would not allow it to be shut down for AS.  The 500 yard range is a membership only range and in use almost every weekend of the year Sat. & Sun.  I am going to join to be able to use it and get to know the members. 

BUT, I recently noticed what appears to be an unused 25 yd range between the two ranges (covered, concrete benches).  The area in front of the benches could be used and it appears to me it would accomodate 30+ shooters.  A berm is still there but would probably need to be raised.  SO, if this area could be used by Appleseed, THEN what I was thinking was scheduling when the 500 yd range was not in use on Sunday so Appleseed could use it.  I only discovered this 2 weeks ago and have been busy since then and unable to pursue it.  My dad knows the land/range owner so there is an "In". 

Now all I need is time to talk to the owner.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Shooterer

Oh No, I think I may have picked the wrong town to visit.

Shooterer

Like it or not, I'll be there tomorrow  O0

Shooterer

Nice city, you San Antonin's should be proud.  O0

Shooterer