News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Athens May 22-23

Started by Ratchett, May 24, 2010, 12:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

OH MY GOSH!!! Another wonderful Appleseed event. We had one of the greatest group of students that I have ever had the privilege of helping to instruct. What awesome attitudes everyone brought with them and the hunger to learn. My most heart felt thanks to each and every student on the line. Also, I would like to thank the Red hats and IITs who traveled long distances to help AF&G have another successful AS. You sacrifice so much, "thank you" seems inadequate.

Living just 10ish minutes from the range, I know I beat a majority of you home. I would like to share something that welcomed me home tonight:

"Nurse Ratchett,

I wish to thank you and the rest of the Staff for the wonderful, wonderful experience that I had Saturday. I regret that I only had the opportunity to have a one day Appleseed. I tried to explain to my wife what it was like, but it like describing a rainbow to a blind man.

Please pass along my thanks to the rest of the team,and a special thanks to the kitchen staff.

I am already putting the word out to friends and family, and plan to bring someone new every time I get to come.

I am looking forward to earning my Rifleman ....

Bill Lewis (Louie) Chillicothe Ohio"

I had the honor of working with this gentleman, who shot a 203 on his first Saturday afternoon AQT before leaving for home. I know that a Rifleman patch is in his near future and that he is a man who very well knows what he is about!!

Safe travels for all and God Bless!

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

MeanStreaker

QuoteI tried to explain to my wife what it was like, but it like describing a rainbow to a blind man.

I know that feeling very well.  It occurs every time I try to explain AS to someone.

I'm happy to report the Athens Magic is alive and well!  :)  This was another great event and I thank everyone for allowing me to share it with you.

Huge improvement was made by all shooters on the line and we had several great conversations about our Heritage... both planned and not.

Congratulations to our newest Riflemen:  Donna, Jeremy, and Kenric!

We're also very pleased to welcome our newest Instructor in Training to the Ohio team.  We're thrilled to have you Jeremy!  Thanks for wanting to step up and help us in our Appleseed Mission.

As everyone knows, I absolutely love showing up to the Athens Fish and Game Club.  All attendees make it special, but especially the dedicated Instructors and volunteers.  I know I was wiped out Sunday night after a long weekend of near 90 degree temperatures.  Then I looked around me and saw those that had worked the line all day with us............ but also woke up in the wee hours before dawn to prepare meals... and were cleaning restrooms and mopping the clubhouse late Sunday evening.  Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU, to Nurse Ratchett, George T, Frogger, Cristina, Sylvia, Rimfire, the Richardsons, EVERYONE that makes Athens the special place that it is.  From all of us:  THANK YOU!

I also want to give a word of thanks to Ohio's latest honorary Buckeye.  West, it was a pleasure having you here.  You're welcome in Ohio any time, my friend!  I look forward to seeing you again soon.

See everyone at the next one.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Wildcat

Glad to hear it went well!!  And I'm especially glad to hear that Donna and Kenric hit the 210 mark  :)  Hope to see ya all soon!
Jn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jm 1:19 ...beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

jeep45238

These events keep getting better and better.  ^:)^

I helped run the line at New Philla in April, and it was my first event.  I was amazed at seeing the event behind the scenes - and it really put to shame the feelings I had of the events as a shooter in Gibsonburg last year and Crittenden this year.

Then I came to Athens.  It is an amazing place.  A great club(wait - they have running water?  ++) ), amazing members and instructors, great students, just - an amazing experience.  I hope to be able to return in the future and bake in the sun while helping to run the line again.

Yes, this was only my second time as an instructor for Appleseed - and each one just keeps getting better and better.  It feels goooooooood  ^:)^
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

TruTenacity

Sounds and looks like it was a great event.  The Reformed Redneck crew's goal: Experience the Athens Magic.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

GoldFish

Wow!  This was a fantastic weekend for Appleseed!  Congrats to Donna, Kenric, and Jeremy for the Rifleman scores :---, and Jeremey, thank you for taking the Orange Hat; I look forward to working with you in July. O0  

Athens is the only range I've served at with Appleseed, and man, this place sure is good!  Kitchen crew, you ALWAYS make these events so much better, and this one was absolutely NO exception.  

AF&G Club, you also never disappoint with your hospitality and generosity.  Rimfire, George, Ralph, Nurse Ratchett, Frogger... :bow: :bow: :bow:    

Weather was perfect on Saturday, with rain holding off the entire day, save a little downpour at lunch.  We had a few drizzles during the day, but those just help to keep the temperatures down. ;D  Sunday was quite hot and humid, but that sure beats the rain and mud. ;D

Shooters, you ALL were the most teachable students I have ever worked with!  You don't realize how much easier that makes our jobs. :cool2:

West and Jeep, it was great meeting and instructing with you both.  Thank you West, for letting me shoot Martha; I'll always remember her as the first AR I ever shot. :---  Jeep, thank you for letting me shoot your rifles giving me some tips. ;)  DryFire, thank you again, for your generosity and letting me shoot your AR and letting me get it all dusty and dirty.  Appleseeders truly are the best kind of people out there!  

MeanStreaker, wow, just WOW.  You are an fabulous Instructor and even more importantly, an amazing person and leader.  I am privileged to work and serve under you in Appleseed.

Fantabulous shoot!  I can't wait for the next one! 8)

---GoldFish
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

GoldFish

Pictures!  :)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

KAH

Many thanks to EVERYONE involved in making the Appleseed event such a success in Athens this weekend.  This is the third that I have been to in Athens, and they have all been incredible!

The Red Hats (MeanStreaker, DryFire, Westling) have great leadership characteristics - clear, thorough, passionate about what they are instructing, committed to the success of all the participants.

The IITs (there are way to many to name, but they are still all individually important) are incredible - each and every one of them has a great personality and is patient in working individually with all the participants.  One of the many things that makes the Athens shoot such a great event is the number of Orange Hats that participate in the line instruction.  The ratio of Orange Hats to participants is so small (1:3 or 1:4) that it enables you to learn quickly - if you just follow their instructions :)

The family atmosphere, retelling of the history of the April 19th, 1775 combined with the overall hospitality of the AF&G club (great facilities, great members) and the Appleseed Team make the weekend amazingly worthwhile.

Special thanks to RPD (for the help in fixing equipment malfunctions), Ratchet (for the bandages for the elbows and the encouraging words throughout the weekend), Ishy (for the constant reminder not to drag wood), GoldFish (for the ongoing encouragement over the past three shoots).

We'll see you at the next one, and will bring some more family with us!

kah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Ishy

Another awesome Athens shoot!!!  I will post pictures as soon as our computer gets fixed.  I stole a few minutes on Dad's company laptop.   ^-^

Great shooters with great attitudes...made it a lot easier on us instructors-in-training.   ;)

I was EXTREMELY disappointed that Fred didn't come out here...even after all our efforts to advertise.... :'(

MeanStreaker...you're the best!  Thanks so much for everything.  DryFire, your history is so touching. West, thanks for coming out; you are awesome.  :cool2:  Fellow IITs...it was a blast working this shoot with you as well.  It was nice meeting another Ohio IIT, Jeep.  Thanks for choosing to spend your weekend in Athens.   O0

I really enjoyed working with Emma on Saturday and Katie on Sunday.  You two are so sweet and well on your way to getting rifleman.   @) 

Tru...I hope your gang can experience the "magic" someday too!!!   :bow:

Greatest thanks to the AF&G club for all the tremendous work you do for Appleseed to happen.  What would Ohio do without you???   :D

Congratulations to riflemen Kenric, Donna, and Jeremy!!!   ^:)^  And a huge congrats and thanks to Jeremy for taking the orange hat.  Huzzah!   ..:..

The rest of the Richardsons had a great basketball tourney in WV but I am glad Lyberty, Green Light, and I were able to stay for Appleseed.   O0  Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful weekend!
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

jeep45238

Quote from: Ishy on May 24, 2010, 07:50:18 PM
Great shooters with great attitudes...made it a lot easier on us instructors-in-training.   ;)

Here here!  It was a great feeling watching those groups shrink and those lightbulbs start to shine  :cool2:
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

West

Back in November, I attended my first Appleseed.  I met Slim, my first shoot boss, at Stinson, WV.  He came down from Ohio with the Appleseed message, and told me about the Athens Fish and Game Club, and the incredible group of students and instructors he had there in Athens.

While I can say I did believe him, I didn't realize that he severely understated the quality of these instructors, until I met them.

I have to say that the Athens shoot held the best facility, best weather, and the best food that I have had the pleasure of partaking at an Appleseed yet. (Isn't it true that no matter what, each one is better than the last?  Every day is a good day to Appleseed!)

I was truly spoiled, from the shower facilities on Friday night to Nurse Ratchett going out of her way to assist me with my dietary needs.  Thank you, and to your daughter as well. I generally go to Appleseed happily knowing that I lose a couple of pounds, and this one I came happily away having gained a couple, and not feeling guilty.

I'll tell you that Ishy is a tough act to follow, and I'm looking forward to the day she dons the Red Hat and runs a shoot (I know I'll be there), but I shall try.

Once more, congratulations to the new Riflemen, Kenric, Donna, and Jeremy, your persistence paid off!  

Jeremy definitely deserved it, after fighting through a host of rifle malfunctions, trying several different parts (some out of my 10/22), a bit of dremeling to no avail, he shot a very nice score of 217.  Even with the bolt locking to the rear 50+ % of the time, and having to break position to fix it, he carried through, and stepped up and took an orange hat.  Jeremy, I hope to have you on my line in the future.

There were a few other students I wanted to pick out and recognize.

Dan - your attendance this weekend reminded me why I hold my elders in such high regard.  I have met a few Appleseed attendees in your age group, and I am continually put in awe.  You stuck it out, through the various weather issues, and I was sad to see you leave early on Sunday, having shot a 190 - I was sure you would have nailed that Rifleman patch.  I hope to see you again.

Clint - terrific job.  I understand the difficulty you were having, and I was glad to see the level of improvement that you showed by the end of the weekend.  Your AQT scores were creeping up, and your redcoat on Sunday looked superb.  Most improved, and I know Jeremy was glad to present you with that brand new sling!   I hope to see you and your father again - dryfire, front sight, squeeze!!

Donna and Kenric - Congratulations again.  You brought quite a group with you, some very nice 10/22s, and utterly destroyed that star.  A teachable attitude, some patience, and now the dilemma of deciding where to sew that patch!

Now, for the instructors...

Our younger instructors: It is so wonderful to see young ones instructing, coaching, running the line, and checking targets.  It shows that Adams was right, that should we not protect our posterity, repent for having taken half the pains to secure it.  

Green Light - you truly are a light, brightening up my day.  I will be honored to work a line with you in years to come.  I only wish I had started at your age!

David - Much of the same to you sir.  You obviously know very much what you are about, and it was my pleasure to loan Martha to you, she is the happier for it.  I should have given you some ammo to burn, but I will make that up to you soon - I am currently hitting the bottom of my supplies.

Lyberty - Your IMC demonstration was superb, I could not have taught it better myself.  You were truly a blessing to have on the line, checking rifles, coaching shooters, and always smiling.  I have a wish that one day we can speak in sign, if only so that you can make fun of me for being so silly looking in a red hat.

Ishy - a true inspiration.  Your abilities are amazing, especially given your difficulty.  You have a wit that I haven't run across in many people, a constantly positive attitude, and you use your brilliant mind to master everything you teach and demonstrate.  I was truly pleased to hear your story of Mrs. Morgan, and watching you shoot the AQT was truly amazing.  It is humbling to know that a lady such as you can outshoot a competitive shooter like myself.  Well done!

Ratchett - I thought that Riflemen didn't have to cook anymore, but I'll be glad to have you assisting with meals any time!  I am glad that I threw in for the food, because I didn't expect you to make special dishes for me!  I know that being allergic to gluten is not common, and you really went out of your way to keep me from falling out.  I did have to cheat and try your texas toast, and even though I paid for it sunday night, it was totally worth it!  Thanks again.

RPD - Great to meet you, I know you are going to be a terrific coach, and a superb Red Hat.  I'm looking forward to having you out in the Indiana region!

Ralph - Thank you so much for the demonstration if the brown bess, and the information on the various classes that are available there.  I am very much looking forward to making a knife.  I also very much appreciate you watching after Ginger, she was much more calm, and did less hiding because someone who cared was watching after her when I couldn't!

Jeep - Terrific to meet you sir!  I am glad you are so close, I see you and I doing various drills together in the future.  Truly impressed by your coaching ability, positive attitude, and skill at riflecraft.  I appreciate you showing me a few things, and I will be experimenting with them in the near future.  Keep in touch!  

Dryfire - your reputation did little justice to your ability to teach, your oratory skills, and you are a testament to the fact that the things we teach truly do work.  Working with you on the line this weekend was a real pleasure, your experience and patience with the instructors and shooters, as well as flexibility to any situation helped to make this shoot run smoothly, and I hope that I get to work with you again soon!

Meanstreaker - very glad to have met you, worked for you, and shared such a beautiful weekend.  I will be honest, I was a bit leery of you at first, afraid you were a real hard charger, but I soon realized that you just want to see a safe, fun shoot, and this weekend was the best it could be!  I truly enjoyed your second strike, you make the passion of the Heritage apparent and bring the audience back to the day.  Your POI was great, I definitely am going to be picking out parts of that!  I enjoyed doing SBIT,  you have an insight into running the weekend, and diagnosing the line that I have seen very rarely out of instructors and SBs, and I am glad to have been under your tutelage.  I know that Capt Kirkwood would be glad to have you as one of his Blue Hen's Chickens.

A couple of notes from me...

I have thought to myself "Who do I think I am, giving out Blue Hen patches?!" And "Would Kirkwood have wanted me to server under him?"  I certainly hope so.  I need no one to tell me whether or not I am, I just know that some people carry themselves in such a way that I have the feeling in my heart, the feeling of truth, that these people are very worthy of the title: one of Kirkwood's men, a Blue Hen's Chicken.  For we have our generals, and we have our privates, but in Shoot Bosses we find the small unit commanders that carry us forth, like Kirkwood carried the Delawares to victory, time and time again.

(To read the Kirkwood story go here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12139.0 )

Finally, I want to give my thanks to everyone at the end of the day Sunday for dealing with my very obvious lack of attention.  I was calling everyone the wrong name, I think I even called Meanstreaker Mark at one point instead of his name - my mind was elsewhere, family matters were bothering me very much - the perfect example of why I don't take phone calls at Appleseed.

Thank you all.  I will be back, and I am looking forward to seeing you all on the trail.

West :))

PS:  Do I really look that Fat!?  Had I taken the picture... DELETE.  Suprised the camera still works!   **) :P ;D
Also, here is a picture of the Girl that I was so pleased everyone loved.  My Appleseed cat.

MeanStreaker

West, I've had many touching moments on the Trail.  Receiving a Blue Hen's Chickens patch from you is now right up there near the top.

I know how much it means to you and sincerely thank you for the honor.  I can promise I will always wear it with pride... and respect.  For you.  For America's Combat Infantryman No. 1, the American Diomed, Robert Kirkwood, Captain, Delaware Regiment, Continental Army, 1776 - 1783.  And for what both of you personify.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

slim

Quote from: West on May 25, 2010, 01:37:05 AMBack in November, I attended my first Appleseed.  I met Slim, my first shoot boss, at Stinson, WV.  He came down from Ohio with the Appleseed message, and told me about the Athens Fish and Game Club, and the incredible group of students and instructors he had there in Athens.

While I can say I did believe him, I didn't realize that he severely understated the quality of these instructors, until I met them.

Something about rainbows and blind guys...

Glad to see you made it out this way, West. To all who've heard about the "magic" that happens each Appleseed at Athens, no matter how much you hear about it from one of us or how much you read here in the AARs, you really can't see the beauty of the rainbow until you experience it first hand. GO TO ATHENS!!!

We can tell the story of Appleseeds past, but it truly is severely understated. It's just not possible to tell it all!

I sure missed you guys this weekend. So cool to see pictures and hear tales of the good times (and good food!) had by all. You guys are setting the bar high - keep up the good work. 

MeanStreaker

We missed you this weekend, good buddy. 

The hills of SE Ohio were ringing with the echoes of "HUZZAH"s past.   

But we look forward to having you back to refresh them.  :)
--Thomas Paine

Ratchett

Slim!!!

We missed you too brother...but you were in out thoughts and I know you were with us in spirit. Your AS trail will wind this way again I am sure, you just can' t stay away ;D . Kesiah (aka Peach) is still working on her "HUZZAH!"  Jeep almost got her to do it at the shoot. She will be ready to give "Uncle" Slim a big ole greeting on his Athens return.

Take care, stay strong, and keep the Faith!!
In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

GoldFish

SLIM!!!  The one who scored my Rifleman AQT, who gave me my Orange Hat... I miss you pal!  You were certainly missed this weekend.  Athens Appleseeds just aren't the same without your HUZZAHs! :)  Hope to see you soon, one way or another. O0

Stay the Course,
---GF

HippieChick

Slim,
I miss your guts, man! I have way too much leftover food and somehow the Huzzah's, while exuberant, just don't have that "slim-ness" to them!  :P I'm still working with Peach to get her to do it...she did it ONCE for me today...it's getting better!

I want to thank every single person who attends the Athens AS's. I enjoy dragging myself and Peach out of bed before the rooster crows so that I can cook for y'all. Thank you for the kind words, encouragement and big appetites! Looking forward to July. I think I'm going to talk Ratchett into doing all the cooking come October, though...the line is calling my name  ;D
~Frogger

Ratchett

It is about time Frogger!!! If we get the All-ladies shoot nailed down---we will get them rascally men to cook! Just like Big Mama says,"I don't care what patch you got, you still gotta cook!"  LOL :D **)  ;D

You do a great job and you do have an awesome kitchen crew!!  O0 O0  I think we just may have to call y'all the "Chicken Pickin' Crew"  ^-^ ^-^

Mom (AKA Ratchett)

RPD

Another WONDERFUL weekend!  I didn't get to  :~, but I did get to do a lot of  ^:)^ ^:)^ when Donna, Kenric and Jeremy persevered and earned their Rifleman patches. 

Kenric, it was my pleasure to be able to help with your equipment shortcomings.  I'm just happy that the mail arrived with the special piece the day before the shoot, so that I had it with me on Saturday.  I look forward to meeting more of your family on the line. 

Donna, WAY TO GO!!!  Our first Rifleman of the weekend.  Your perseverance over several shoots finally paid off with a great score.  Thanks for pointing out our math shortcoming so that you received what you so richly earned!

Jeremy, overcoming your "bolt action" semi-auto and still earning the patch was quite inspiring.  My oldest son earned his patch with a bolt-action, but that's what he brought to the shoot, not what his equipment turned into.

Jared and Kerry, our left side of the line, persevered and improved.  Jared suffered through headaches with his equipment and steadily improved when he borrowed a loaner.  Kerry has good form and was progressing quickly even though this was his first shoot as a left-handed/left-eyed shooter.  You both will earn the patch quickly if you continue to persevere.

Mike and Clint, what can I say?  Getting to know you two was an honor.  Mike, you are a man of integrity.  As a dad, I appreciated that you brought your son and shared the weekend with him.  Clint, you will be earning the patch soon.  Though I know you were frustrated early on, your teachable spirit and desire to learn brought you steady progress throughout the weekend.  It only gets better as you are able to listen and implement what is taught.  BTW, it took me three Appleseeds to get the patch and you and your dad are both well on the way.

Dan, you provided inspiration to all of us instructors.  You listened and implemented what was taught.  You were well on your way to earning the patch and the next AS you attend, I have little doubt that you will walk away with it.  Seeing you shoot your AR with such accuracy with iron sights was a joy to watch.

Reed and Matt, you both will be following in Donna and Kenric's shoes soon.  Your form is good. I look forward to seeing you both again.

Angie, as always it was a pleasure to see you on the trail with DF.  I know how much easier it is to "do" these shoots when your wife is with you.  Also, thanks for introducing your brother and his friend to AS.  I look forward to seeing you all again in July.

DryFire, I think this is the third shoot I've done with you.  Thank you for helping to make Athens a special place both for me and the other AS participants.  Your history is inspirational and your knowledge and teaching are impeccable.  I was happy that we didn't have to build your shelters for protection from the rain, but was happy to see them in your truck just in case.  I still need to get the plans, because they are VERY welcome in wet weather (ala Nelsonville).

West, learning about the Delaware Blue Hens and getting some "cross-pollination" from the east coast was refreshing.  I enjoy learning history that I've not heard before.  Will be praying for you and your dad as he recovers.  Hope to see you on the trail again soon.

Frogger, Sylvia, Cristina, and Julia - WONDERFUL MEALS as always.  Kudos and Thank you all SO MUCH!!!

George, Bill, Julia and the other crew at AF&G (hope to be part of that crew soon), as always, your hospitality and courtesy were of the highest order. 

GF, Ishy, Green Light and Lyberty - It is a wonder to watch you all mature and grow in your confidence and abilities as instructors.

Jeep - I enjoyed our talk and getting to know you.  You'll make an excellent instructor.  I think I may ask for some handgun lessons next time around.  Look forward to seeing you soon.

Meanstreaker - I cannot adequately express the pride I feel in your integrity, caring and desire to see AS grow into the vision that Fred has birthed in you and many others.  Bringing America's heritage back to her children, including the heritage that God bestowed upon our country, is an honorable and sacred task, no, not a task, but a privilege.  You are a friend indeed!

If I've forgotten to list anyone, all should know that this was an exceptional weekend.  ALL of the participants were great with open and teachable attitudes.  Everyone checked his/her ego at the door, listened, and tried to implement what was taught.  It was a great weekend to be an American, teaching others what our forefathers wanted us not to forget.

Slim, you were sorely missed, my friend.  Know that you are in our prayers, thoughts and hearts.

-Rob
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Ratchett

Hey Rob the only name I didn' t see there was God's Girl (aka Gracie), she was up to her elbows in chicken! She was a great help in the kitchen and the best baby sitter for Kesiah. Things sure would not run so smoothly without her!!!