News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calera, AL April 24-25 Patriots Day Event

Started by sticksnstones, April 26, 2016, 12:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticksnstones

Lets start out by thanking our gracious hosts at Double Tap range for the use of their great facility. I was very impressed with the large group of Young Marines that made up a good portion of our list of shooters. They were as young as 10 y/o and each one was a pleasure to have there. their great personalities shined through. the Young Marine officers were great at reeling the group in if they started to stray a little. Young Baker didn't let anything get her down and because of this was awarded Best Attitude. Young Mr Sayles, although he got a little disappointed in himself, ended up getting an award for Most Improved. Several of the Young Marines, Ski, Styes and Brantly, were knocking on the door of Rifleman scores.
Don't let me forget the adults, some of which were parents of Young Marines, who all did a great job and posted some nice targets. Although we only made one Rifleman over the weekend, if we had gotten time to shoot one more AQT, we probably would have had an additional Rifleman or two. Congrats to Evan for shooting a great Rifleman score in the 220's at his very first event. The ladies all showed what they were about, with Ms Davis shooting the whole weekend with a centerfire rifle.
All in all it was great weather, well spent with great folks while celebrating patriots that gave all for our freedoms.
Oh wait, I almost forgot to mention Alabama's newest Orange Hat Nick, who jumped right in and started helping on the line.
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

Maximum Ordinate

Young Marines, y'all were awesome to have on the line!  I hope to work with you again soon!

Many thanks to my fellow instructors who came out to make this a fine event and a special shout-out to Butch and Kim of Double Tap, who are always such awesome hosts!

Below, please find the link to my Photobucket album.  If you have pictures you'd like to share, please do!

Rusty's Photobucket!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.