News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman skills and other aplications

Started by polygunner, May 25, 2010, 12:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polygunner

Bobs cool e mail came to mind when I received this from a friend who attended the april 09 Appleseed. He is a long time shooter, Appleseed taught hin a lot and he shot rifleman with no problem.

Here it is......

I was brought along as an assistant to the hired photographer.

The church rules stated no photographers behind the podium and priest. All shooting must be done from the benches, and no flash allowed.  This is unfortunate because there was a three story window behind the preacher making it like shooting from a dark cave into the sunlight. The couple might become silhouetted.

Fortunately I found a small space to hide just off of stage left.  Unable to move during the ceremony I would only have one shot.  I changed into the 70-200MM lens and settled in.

Having to shoot standing at 200MM with no rest was the problem. How would I make this pic sharp?  

Stand with my left foot towards the target...

Steady the left elbow against the side of my body and steady the long lens with the palm of the same hand.... Acquire the target and hold with as little fatigue as possible....

Wait for the shot...

No second chance...

Deep breath, exhale, hold, wait... not now... wait... Now, gently squeeze the shutter button till the camera fires.

http://flickr.com/gp/pinchflat/8w76A1

Thank you Appleseed .

Everytime he says he's going shooting I have to have him clarify, rifles or cameras.

pg

AZRedhawk44

Good pic!  I like the focus texture of it.  No blurring of the subjects from moving during exposure, so your followthrough was good.

I'm NOT a photographer, but Appleseed has helped my amateurish efforts as well.