News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mike Thompson speaks to the Appleseed Attendees @ Piru, CA

Started by bob 210, April 30, 2010, 06:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

V

Quote from: bob 210 on April 30, 2010, 06:13:11 PM
I found this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_mmZ6NpIqw
Yep should have mentioned this.... Mike came to the Piru April 17 shoot with a friend who filmed and photographed. They are going to revamp Mikes website to  promote the Piru ranges more and he wanted to promote Appleseed on it as well.

The website is under construction http://www.pirugunrange.com there are some pictures of the banners and flags on there as well...

4bfox

Great little video! Mr. Thompson looks like a good guy to have on your side...
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

LayloPro

Mike is an -awesome- gentleman!!

In all aspects of the word, he exemplifies what all men should do to achieve peacefulness, thru readiness...... :~ @&) 8)

As another guy, I can only say it has been a true honor & privilege to know him, and talk with him....... O0 :bow: O0

He truly is one who knows -much- of what he is about!! :)

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

jacques

Indeed LLP. His heart is in the right place.  O0

That is one nice elk they got in those pics.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

Rocket Man

Quote from: V on April 30, 2010, 07:16:26 PMYep should have mentioned this.... Mike came to the Piru April 17 shoot with a friend who filmed and photographed. They are going to revamp Mikes website to  promote the Piru ranges more and he wanted to promote Appleseed on it as well.

The website is under construction http://www.pirugunrange.com there are some pictures of the banners and flags on there as well...

Sweet.  For those who haven't been to Piru yet, Mike pretty much always comes out to greet the group, for Appleseed and also for the IBC we did earlier this year.  Truly a gentleman and a patriot.   8)
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

DesertDog

Quote from: LayloPro on April 30, 2010, 11:56:11 PM
Mike is an -awesome- gentleman!!

In all aspects of the word, he exemplifies what all men should do to achieve peacefulness, thru readiness...... :~ @&) 8)

As another guy, I can only say it has been a true honor & privilege to know him, and talk with him....... O0 :bow: O0

He truly is one who knows -much- of what he is about!! :)

LLP

Couldn't have said it better myself :bow:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Camljr

Mike Thompson is one of the most passionate, American Patriots I know, (minus Appleseeders)

and I am glad to know him and have him associate with us...  He believes in Appleseed and that is a good thing!

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

BaldDragn

I've been to Piru exactly once and met Mike exactly once.

It's plain to see that he's not in the business just to make money. He puts his money where his mouth is and supports the shooting sports and our great country. If every range owner/manager was made out of the same stuff as Mike we'd have real problems manning all the locations that would be offering room for Appleseed.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

DOA

I was just at the Appleseed shoot this past weekend and he spoke then as well. I am glad he has opened his ranges/land to shooting sports. With ranges closing it is nice to know we have someone on our side.

artkat2

Quote from: BaldDragn on May 03, 2010, 01:56:37 PM
If every range owner/manager was made out of the same stuff as Mike we'd have real problems manning all the locations that would be offering room for Appleseed.

And wouldn't that be a nice problem to have?!
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

BaldDragn

Quote from: artkat2 on May 20, 2010, 01:30:35 AM
Quote from: BaldDragn on May 03, 2010, 01:56:37 PM
If every range owner/manager was made out of the same stuff as Mike we'd have real problems manning all the locations that would be offering room for Appleseed.

And wouldn't that be a nice problem to have?!

O0
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!