News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Attending Appleseeds

Started by VAshooter, June 01, 2010, 05:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAshooter

I have been reading posts around the website and have come acrossed two or three that discuss instructors who show up and shoot an Appleseed rather than instruct. If you happen to be at an Appleseed and there are plenty of instructors to run the shoot I think it would be a great learning experience to spend a couple days shooting and listening as a student rather than as an instructor. If you arn't signed up to work a shoot but find yourself free that weekend, or for a day, come out and shoot. Leave your hat in the car and sign up as a walk on.

I hereby give all Appleseed Instructors permission to shoot free at any Appleseed Event in Virginia. We would all appreciate a knowledgeable critique on our methods and our teaching. Two or three in a row and we might start talking about a lack of dedication to instructing on your part.

VAshooter

Old Dog

Wait a minute!!  Shoot?? or Teach??  Lay down on the ground, sit down on the ground, shoot, or stand up and walk around all day....  Darn!  you're making it tough on us VAshooter.

I used to talk about (brag really  8)) about shooting a couple hundred rounds through my M1A or M1 in a day and not even getting a rasberry on my shoulder.  Guess what?  This darn blood thinner medicine has put an end to that!!  I shot about 30 rounds through my new ARtoy Sunday afternoon after you guys started shooting again and when I took a show Sunday night guess what I've got on my right shoulder??  Little tiny bruises....from an AR!!!!  How in the devil can you get bruised from an AR15??  Its not a big nasty bruise, just 3 or 4 little ones around where the butt was on my shoulder.  I can't wait to shoot the M1 Garand.  We'll see.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle