News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Visiting Richmond May 15/16

Started by Sprocket, April 26, 2010, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprocket

Hi All,

I'll be traveling for work and in Richmond for the weekend - if there's a shoot going on that needs staff, send me a PM and I'll work it - I just need to plan to bring my gear ;)

Sprocket

smwwoody

No VA shoots that weekend but if you want to do some shooting let me know
Fixing some of the holes in your bucket first can make bailing easier

Our children should be taught how to think, not what to think....

KJ4WXC

Sprocket

Looks like I'm weekending in Petersburg - Any leads on weekend festivities?  Historical sites I should see, must-do's, must don'ts

I'd love to get some range time too

FiremanEd

Petersburg is slam full of civil war history, a very long seige took place as well as numerous battles. Lots of history, parks and battlefields in or near Petersburg. Museum of the Confederacy is in downtown Richmond.

To go along with the history Petersburg has LOTS of drugs/gangs/crime & violence. Hopefully you're staying in one of the new hotels in the "good" part of town up towards Colonial Heights.

There's a very large mall in Colonial Heights, adjacent town to the North of Petersburg that has numerous restaurants and bars if you're interested. It's the focal point and hangout for all of the soldiers at Fort Lee. Even there, watch you back.

If you like history, you'll love the Richmond/Petersburg area.

FiremanEd
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

Old Dog

As the 16th is the THIRD Sunday of the month there may be a mini-Appleseed at Black Creek hosted by VAshooter.  if you want to go let him know and I'm sure he'll bring along a loaner 10/22 or something else you can shoot.

Hey VA!! Will there be a mini that Sunday.  I can't stand up long enough to stay for the whole thing but I can come out and say hi.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Sprocket

We're at the bottom by the intersection of 95/295 on S. Crater Rd

If this is the bad part of town please let me know so I can make adjustments

As for the mini, I'd be all over it

And thank you for the information

VAshooter

Sprocket,

I hope you hook up with Woody to shoot at Buckingham. I will be at the NRA Show looking at all the pretty things.

VAshooter

Sprocket

So Woody - Where's is Buckingham in relation to Petersburg?  Saturday or Sunday would be great for me, I'm free both days all days

Sprocket

Took less than 24 hours to get called a "Yankee" - I was hoping for less than 12 - I have a polite host but the girls at Walmart came though

jmdavis

If you go up 95 to 64 west exit 79, Buckingham is about another hour. The total trip from P'burg to Buckingham is around an hour and a half.

The range is 400. We can shoot close or far. I will likely only be around on Sunday. Saturday, I plan to be 30 miles South of Petersburg dealing with some beehives.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

smwwoody

Sunday works for me call me @ 434-390-3646.

Woody

KJ4WXC

Sprocket

I know where Buckingham is - I had lunch at Kathy's Kitchen today, dinner at Mulligans next to the college...

I'll be in touch on Friday to confirm time/location - I'll be happy to shoot with whatever you're willing to share and buy lunch to boot - Sunday works for me too

jmdavis

Are you working in Richmond? My office is 2 blocks from Mulligans on main street. Number is 804-307-3428.

Mike

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

smwwoody

I live about 8 miles from Kathys Kitchen then the range is another 4 miles from me house. We can shoot out to 400 yds see who all shows up we can do a FD AQT or just have some fun. I know Richie will be there as long as I don't screw things up changing his bbl tommarow night. Mike will you be able to make it?

Woody

KJ4WXC

Sprocket

Mike - wrong Mulligans - I'm talking about the one down by Longwood

Woody - Is she open on Sunday?  We can meet there at whatever time - I haven't shout out past 150 yds - I'd love to see what I can do - some 22LR warm ups would be good though.

I'll be calling on Friday - I don't have service in Dillwyn but do in Farmville

Work here is loosening up and I'll be off site tomorrow PM

Thanks Gents - Looking forward to meeting you
Sprocket

jmdavis

Yep I'm good for Sunday. Will bring AR, M1, and a 10/22

n2oguy

Hey Woody, Thanks for helping me last night,couldn't of done it without you.
Eddie, That tool worked real good thanx

Don't know if you guys saw this link yet. check it out.    Richie

http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-long-range-sniper-record.html
"Of the people,By the people,For the people"--Abe Lincoln (Except when Big Brother is watching)-R. Taylor

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"--Albert Einstein

VaWolf

Time? I can bring some rifles and ammo just make sure the target backers are solid. Wolfman
NPOA isn't everything, it's the only thing.

jmdavis

I think 10:30 or 11 am Wolfman. I look forward to seeing you there.

Mike

Sprocket

Thank you Gents for hosting a great day - it was a pleasure to meet and get made fun of by you all - I felt right at home.

Hopefully I can extend the same hospitality to you when you COME UP AND SEE THE BATTLE ROAD [hint hint].

Look for my AAR in another post