News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone Alive in Here????

Started by disneyd, September 23, 2009, 08:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Man

Just heard about the AS in Mville in April. I'll be signing up. Hope to bring my son and three new shooters.

Idahoser

I'm guessing MSSA hasn't panned out?

I think TN might best be thought of as two or three separate states... the left end is very different from the middle and right.

West TN doesn't really belong part of this state, politically, I mean.  Your approach might ought to be more like what you'd do in, say, New Jersey or Chicago than the way you'd approach San Antonio as would be appropriate for the rest of TN.

I finally ended up joining MSSA but haven't used it hardly at all, not any on the long range.

Shelby Farms range is still being used, just not open to the public.  So the only change was they no longer allow the public to help them pay for it's upkeep (well, I guess that's not true-- we pay for it anyway but now we can't use it).  I hear them out there shooting occasionally as I drive by Farm Road.

Regarding MSSA, I doubt you'd be required to be a member in order to participate in a shoot there.  I know they have leagues of all sorts, and there's always two prices listed, for members or non-members.  That tells me as long as you're part of an organized event, you don't have to be a member.

Now I don't speak for MSSA, I'm barely even a member.  Just that I feel like it could be done, is all.  And no, I'm not volunteering to find out, I haven't even been to a shoot, I probably don't belong on this forum.  I want to.  Let's leave it at that until I've done it.  Think of me what you will, it's hard to "invite everybody to" something I haven't experienced, that doesn't happen locally and I don't know if or when it will.
Step 1: Repeal the 17th Amendment!

tnhawk

I thought it was normal to hear shooting in memphis. ;D   I've been using the Desota Rifle and Pistol range in MS.  We'll have a new range open in Como as soon as we finish with fences and signs.  There's an Appleseed scheduled there in July.

dart67eb

So who's coming to Como in July?
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.