News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Potential new site

Started by oladcock, May 08, 2010, 04:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oladcock

OK guys, got a lead on a possible AS site in Lakewood on private land. I'll follow up this evening/in the next few days. Being roughly halfway between Roswell and Carlsbad and not having to go through the Carlsbad city council or find open dates for the Roswell gun club, it could be a good deal. I'll let folks know as I find out more details. If I can get it, could we find a shoot boss for say June 12/13?....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

SamD

You just get the range.
I'll make sure you have a shoot boss.  ;)

If they got it, we will come.
Have to make sure it is safe to use, berm, impact area etc.
Have an address or some coordinates so I can check it out?

Sm

SamD

Any word on this site yet?

If we are going to push for another SNM shoot before they lite the oven, we need to press.

Sam

oladcock

Hey Sam, Juli and I went out and visited last evening. It has potential but not something we'd want to use at this time IMO. Lots of real estate behind but the berm isn't very high, no shade, and no facilities as in bathrooms. Width would only fit maybe 12-15. Nice fellow and I'd like to get him to an AS, he's got lots of knowledge and teaching experience. Anywho, don't think it'll work out at this time....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

SamD

Well we'll just keep kicking the brush. 

Maybe we'll just do an oven shoot and toast them new Rifleman to a deep fried crackly crunch.
I can do it if they can.