News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lake George NY May 15 & 16 AAR

Started by Buzzworth, May 17, 2010, 02:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzworth

This shoot was OUTSTANDING!  O0

First time at this range and it all came off just right  8)
I hope to have many more shoots here
I will post more soon
Any others involved should please go ahead and post
:)

The crew
Shoot Boss ME Buzzworth
IITs:
A.D.O.M. (Mark), Josey Wales (Nick)
Red Hats:
R1sgx2 (Mark), nyrasgt A.K.A. M.A.D. (Mark)

These guys are top shelf it is my HONOR to serve with them  :bow:

Some numbers

Saturday

12 shooters on the line
1 Rifleman Michael 15 yo (only three AQTs for the day)  :o
Weather was nice but windy

Sunday

12 Shooters lost one from Sat picked up a walk on repeat Appleseeder Dan
1 more Rifleman John
1 Orange hat forged Michael shot Rifleman score many times
Both will post here as soon as they get the confirmation e-mail to do so
Weather perfect

Red Coats:

Saturday 12 shooters am / pm:

AM    400- 0            PM   400- 3
         300- 1                    300- 1
         200- 1                    200- 3
        100- 4                     100- 2
       Head- 1                   Head- 6
       Ace'd-  0                   Ace'd- 1 Michael 15 yo

Sunday 12 shooters am / 10 shooters pm:

AM    400- 1               PM   400- 1
         300- 3                      300- 2
         200- 3                      200- 4
        100- 7                       100- 6
       Head- 4                    Head- 4
       Ace'd- 0                    Ace'd- 0

2 Riflemen total for the weekend
1 new Orange hat

Many more folks knocking on the 210 door
All now know that the patch is a journey not a destination

We had four "new to Rifles" shooters all learned and had good improvement
It's Americans like these that make all the effort & treasure spent worth it

The history was given by Mark, Mark and Mark

1st Strike
Mark R1sgx2 did first strike and he does a BANG! Thing that gets everyone to jump!
Very effective

2nd Strike
Mark read it :o. However this one needs to be read as written you can not wing this one.
The Hanna Davis view of the second strike. Compiled and written by Alan Tremblay
You could hear a pin drop during this reading and it hits home deep
Well done
Mark nyrasgt A.K.A. M.A.D. (Mark) has 38 years of teaching and read out load very VERY WELL DONE!!!
see attached

3rd Strike and D.O.M.
Mark (A.D.O.M.)
This man has it down cold and with a map too
VERY WELL DONE!

One extra NY thing that really links things into today's ever eroding freedoms
Was a short but very powerful talk from Josey Wales (Nick)
He lives down state in one of the five burrows that makes up New York City and of course the control and gun laws are very different there than upstate NY and coming that way
He did it in a way that makes to think
VERY WELL DONE!!

Northeast New York State has lots more ranges and people to be tapped
The crew I worked with will move the program forward here and this area will be rich in events

THANK YOU ALL!!
No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM

Josey Wales

..here are some photos on the event.. One picture I am sorry I am missing is a picture on Saturday of me helping Angela shoot. Angela was a 60ish older woman with a cane who showed up at Appleseed with no equipment but full of eagerness to learn and be apart of what we are about. We made a chair set up on the line and a stable leaning pad out or a stack of chairs for here shooting rest. first she tried the irons, but we moved on to a scope and whamo she was in business. I spent a good deal of the day giving her special attention and safing her rifle with her every time. It was a great reward to see her shoot offhand by mid day with here telling me, "no, I want to try" when I cautioned her....What a gal!!!
..Great weather, great company, great way to spend my time on this earth...............after all we have a country, oh I'm sorry "OUR COUNTRY" to save.............grab a bucket and bail........................JW..........................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Another D.O.M.

Here you are Nick:

Angela checks her targets after shooting some squares

We built a steady rest out of extra chairs to accommodate the shooter's needs.  Here she is shooting an AQT.

Nick takes a look at the shooter's progress after making sight adjustments.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

sgtrock

Looks as though the NY Crew did another Outstanding Job,,, Nice going,,,
You are a Good Man Josey Wales, always there to Give a good dose of NY Hospitality, and to make everyone Welcomed, Thanks my Brother.

sgtrock

Another D.O.M.

Here are a few more pictures:

A group photo from Sunday afternoon.  Unfortunately we had lost several shooter and one instructor (Nick) to other obligations by this point.

Our Saturday Rifleman, Michael.  He shot a 210 here, and then a 226 on Sunday.

Mark reviews the COF for the AQT on Sunday morning.

Our Sunday Rifleman, John.  I believe his highest AQT (he shot several Rifleman scores) was 224.

After thinking about the responsibilities for a day, Michael agrees to step up and help with the bailing efforts.  Thank you Michael!

(Uncle) Mark presents Becca with a well-deserved Young Patriot patch while (Aunt) Kris looks on.

More later...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Josey Wales

..Glad you took those pictures Mark, Thanks..
..Sgt Rock, I must do and be my best; you know we have such a  high level of Instructors that I must give 200% to get noticed....and thats a good thing....The Grand State of New York has a great Appleseed Family and I am Honored to be in it & with it, together with such a fine footprint we shall make for all the Nation to see what we are about......
..............Strength & Honor......................Josey Wales......................

R1SGx2

Nice weather and Good People. O0 Program ran flawlessly.
Michael shooting Rifleman score both Saturday and Sunday then taking an Orange Hat, I know Michael will be working with his dad to get him to the Rifleman score in between AS's...
John also shooting Rifleman, John I know you will be seen on the trail. :~ :---.  :cool2:
Right to the end Sunday smiles could be seen by all, Even Becca after staying and helping cleanup had a smile the whole time. Saw Clif today at a local store, still smiling and talking about September in Saratoga AS. O0 ^-^ No better way to celebrate the Battle of Saratoga's anniversary then an AS on that weekend in Saratoga,

Lake George - Dunham's Bay Range, nice, they opened their doors to us this Spring with an IBC and now with an AS. :bow: ..:.. Good people, The Board couldn't do enough for us, even the regular members who where around this weekend.
History / Heritage / Markmanship - Questions?
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Another D.O.M.

I know everyone has been waiting with baited breath, so here it is: The Post Star Article written by our guest Alex.

B9

Congrats to R1sgx2 (Mark), nyrasg (Mark) on your official Red Hats.

It speaks volumes of your demeanor and character.

O0 O0 O0 :bow: :bow: :bow: ..:.. ..:..
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: KKA on May 18, 2010, 09:30:19 PMSee the fuzz, shoot the fuzz.  Quickly people!  Sight alignment, sight picture, respiratory pause, booger picker....
That's Booger Hook, not Booger Picker - keep the Booger Hook off the Bang Button 'till you're sights are on the target!

QuoteI can't wait to go to my next Appleseed but FIRST I must work on NPOA so I can get that rifleman patch!
Looks like I'll be setting up a two-point dry fire range in the basement...

sgtrock

Congrats to R1sgx2 and nyrasgt on the new head gear red looks good on you both O0 O0 O0

KKA,, Yes,, alot has happened since Dec.,, and all of it good,, you are doing just great,, I hope I can be at the shoot when you earn your patch,, that will be a Glorious Day, Keep up the good work,,, good things come to people who work for it, that you are doing,,, :---

Now about that Booger Picker on the sticky bang button,  is that a new teaching devise, for trigger drills ++)

sgtrock,,, Stoner

Spartan

The Dunhams Bay Appleseed was excellent.  In my opinion, it was the best rifle instruction I have ever experienced or observed.  That would include my time at Parris Island as a Marine and my 20 years in the US Army.  For me, the individual coaching on NPOA and especially follow through were the most important to becoming a rifleman on day two.  The instructors analyzed what was happening with my shooting and then, quickly and in a positive easy going manner, coached me to work on those skills. 
  They were all safe, effective, positive and it produced a great training event.  Further, I thought the history lessons of 19 April 17775, events leading up to it and after were very well done.  It was stirring.  Also, I observed that no matter anyones handicap, experience, or abilities the instructors demonstrated a positive and willingness to coach, help, lead and befriend all Americans alike. Thank you all. It's is one organization that I am proud to belong to now and would like to work towards becoming an instructor with Appleseed myself.
V/R
John The Spartan,,,"with your shield or on it."
"With your shield or on it"

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Spartan on May 19, 2010, 01:34:53 PMThe Dunhams Bay Appleseed was excellent.  In my opinion, it was the best rifle instruction I have ever experienced or observed.  That would include my time at Parris Island as a Marine and my 20 years in the US Army.  For me, the individual coaching on NPOA and especially follow through were the most important to becoming a rifleman on day two.  The instructors analyzed what was happening with my shooting and then, quickly and in a positive easy going manner, coached me to work on those skills. 
  They were all safe, effective, positive and it produced a great training event.  Further, I thought the history lessons of 19 April 17775, events leading up to it and after were very well done.  It was stirring.  Also, I observed that no matter anyones handicap, experience, or abilities the instructors demonstrated a positive and willingness to coach, help, lead and befriend all Americans alike. Thank you all. It's is one organization that I am proud to belong to now and would like to work towards becoming an instructor with Appleseed myself.
V/R
John The Spartan,,,"with your shield or on it."
Hey there John - it's great to hear from you!  Thanks for chiming in on the AAR; and thanks for attending an Appleseed!  It was a pleasure working with you this weekend.
MJA

Josey Wales

..Hey John The Mighty Spartan, Thanks for joining the forum..It was a Glorious weekend indeed, and I was glad to make your acquaintance..NY AS needs you so welcome to the AS Family........
..........Grab a bucket and bail..................see you on the Appleseed trail..............................

............Strength & Honor..............Join or Die...........................JW.................................

Buzzworth

John, Welcome
It's Americans like you that make it all worth while  :bow:
this weekend in Leyden MA  :)
check the shoot schedule June 19-20 (fathers day) in Bennington (I would love to give you an orange hat there)
Crack has signed up as a red hat (you will learn how good it can be with Crack and I workin' the program)  ::)
you NY guys should get on the schedule too  ~~:)
also near you Jericho Vermont Full distance and full power 600yards with target pits on a military range
the Ethan Allan Firing rage A.K.A Underhill firing range July 10th-11th 2010

Welcome Welcome  ..:.. :~ :--- ^:)^ :D ;D
No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM

nyrasgt

JTS,
   2nd AS...OH IIT (Appleseed BIG on acronyms...) = orange hat instructor in training...was our pleasure training Americans at Dunham's Bay.  Plan is to return there in fall, host another IBC (Instructor Boot Camp - just training IITs - no shooting) in early spring, then anpther shoot in March or April or May...
  We need you, brother.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

CAPshooter

Terrific shoot guys! O0  Great instruction and history thanks to Mark, Mark, Mark, Nick, and Buzzworth.  Special thanks to Buzzworth for the loaner rifles, they were great. :---  I finally got the patch and hat with a best of 229, now I need to get my dad there, I know he can do it. :)

Thanks again for the great shoot, I'll see you in Bennington ;)
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."         -Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: CAPshooter on May 25, 2010, 05:52:11 PMThanks again for the great shoot, I'll see you in Bennington ;)
Hello Michael - glad to see you on the forum!

I'll be in Bennington - may even bring along one or two of my 'foreign' rifles.  We'll see you there!
MJA