News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sioux Falls, SD - May 15/16

Started by Whisker, May 17, 2010, 09:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

Second time Appleseed at the Big Sioux Rifle and Pistol, just a few miles outside Sioux Falls.  Necede drove up from SE Nebraska. Saturday- 17 or so shooters.  Some new to the skill, others old-tyme CMP types. 

6 riflemen.   Bobbi, Chuck, Tony, Jeff, Craig and Sam, who scored a 243, (possibly higher). 

Lots of kids- discussion of a possible kids only shoot to accommodate at more manageable pace with a break up of activities. 

Only a few didn't return on Sunday, but we gained a couple walk-ons. 

After about 6 or so AQTs, we split the group.  Some went over to the 200 yard range to shoot Garands, courtesy of Chuck and the Big Sioux Rifle and Pistol. 

I felt like it was a very successful weekend.  Nice to meet you all-  Hope to see you on the boards!  Upcoming SD Appleseeds- Chamberlain, June 5-6.  Spearfish, June 26-27. Aberdeen, July 17-18.  Sioux Falls again, July 24-25...  gee 6 new Riflemen... may need some more instructors ;)
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Bobbi

This was my first Appleseed. I attended with two of my children, ages 8 and 10. My husband came to help out, although he chose not to shoot.

We had a wonderful time. We've decided to attend every Appleseed event we can find within driving distance.

The instructors and participants were fantastic. It was fun, incredibly educational and challenging. My father taught me a lot about competitive rifle as I was growing up, but it has been decades since I shot in a match. It was fun to refresh old skills and learn new ones.

We had hardware problems with our rifles.  :wb: Everyone was helpful and we were able to borrow equipment and firearms to finish the event. It was just great.

I can't wait for the next one. I'm even thinking about being an instructor ... this is a fabulous program.

Whisker

Hey Bobbi,
Glad you're on the forums.  Was nice to meet you and your family.  Really, it would be great to have your help as an instructor.  Consider the June 5-6 shoot in Chamberlain. Or, see you back in Sioux Falls!
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.