News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

May-1/2 Chaseburg, WI

Started by ahhshoot, May 01, 2010, 07:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahhshoot

^:)^well Saturday is over. First off, amazing facilities... Maybe more like phenominal.
Very low shooter count, but what can you do with opening fishing day on the missisippi #).
So exelent student to instructor ratio.::)
More to come. 
The past is only the future with the lights on.

Old Glory!

Thanks to the Chaseburg Rod and Gun Club for hosting this Appleseed....and hopefully more in the future. :)  They provided a welcome sign for Appleseeders, new plywood backers (instructors are gonna be fighting over who signs up for this one ..:..), nice grassy range, beautiful clubhouse, hot dogs and chips.   

Now let's work on getting some more students at this great range. 

Colycat, if you are seeing this, get some pictures of the Riflemen in front of the range sign. 

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

ahhshoot

Great weather!! :cool2:
100% shooter return for sunday. :~ I can't say enough about this range. Thank you Chaseburg Rod and Gun for everything.
The great Colycat and I were the instructors.
I'm sorry I can't divulge the shooter count, but we had one Rifleman, Congratulations Karl O0. So we had 33.333% Rifleman... ;), and two knocking on the door.
We worked on a little KD sunday night.

Lets get another shoot on the schedule, and promo the heck out of it. :~
The past is only the future with the lights on.

colycat

Located in the most scenic area of Wisconsin.  Appleseed gets street billing on State Hwy 162 O0

Thanks to the local boots on the ground, Dan1, who had been to an Appleseed before, but was unable to attend this one because of family obligations, but you did all the work ahead of time to make this a smooth Appleseed.  GREAT sign to remind students about the history every time we went to the target line.  Dan1 is on the range committee at Chaseburg Rod and Gun.

Instructors really appreciated the new plywood backer target line, which did not budge during gusts up to 25 mph on Saturday.   ^:)^

Karl, the Rifleman  Ran a fine Marlin bolt action

Mitch, super secret private contractor for the military.  What a beautiful Garand

Ahhshoot gets some trigger-time.  Where's your Garand?!  Are you using Trisha's rifle?

Really nice clubhouse.  They serve 300 Friday night fish fry dinners during the winter months.  GREAT place for a WINTERSEED!

Dan2, not only shot all weekend, but made sure that we had a good hot lunch both days.   He has not forgotten how to cook, even though his AQT score is WELL above that.  All three shooting positions were a challenge for Dan2; something to do with end-over-ending in a vehicle. :(  The roads in this area are one 25 mph curve after another.   

Third Strike

Huzaah!  Congratulations Karl

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

EEL

WOW !!!   :o   :o   :o   :o

What a nice range!  Looks like they really enjoyed having Appleseed there.  Maybe once the well kept secret about how nice of a range that is gets out, more folks will want to make the trip.

Not that I'm askin' for any particular reason.........but just how far north is that?  I mean......will we have to strip annex to take it in or can we follow the normal border raiding, pillage, plunder, and aquire tactics ?   **)   **)   **)   **)

Looks like I'll have to put that facility in my book as a "must visit".

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

colycat

EEL, you guys should stick with your normal boarder raiding tactics.  Sign up before anyone local does and let us do promo and all the other hard work, and sweep in and take all the glory of another perfect Appleseed. ::) ::) ::)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

Quote from: colycat on May 04, 2010, 07:53:27 PM
EEL, you guys should stick with your normal boarder raiding tactics.  Sign up before anyone local does and let us do promo and all the other hard work, and sweep in and take all the glory of another perfect Appleseed. ::) ::) ::)
;D

EEL,
That's gettin' awfully close to Minnesota, dont cha know!

Looks like another great WI shoot!
(why else would EEL be setting his sights on it?)

O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Johnnyappleseed

Great job guys  O0
Bet these attendees got the best benediction in AS history  ~~:)  You sure had the time  ;D
Every AS has the potential for bringing in that person who brings many contacts .
A small event is a still an opportunity . Nice shoot ! Coly -Ahshoot . 8) Wish I was there ,
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge