News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coordinating Central California Promotions

Started by Double D, April 28, 2009, 10:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double D

This thread is to coordinate efforts in Central Cal.  Please refrain from making excessive comments not related to promotions
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

Double D

Flyers - we need to check in with these guys and make sure they are stocked up

If you see something, want to coordinate with one of these organizations, want to add more locations, have started a rapport with someone, send me an email and I can update or you can place a post.

FresnoAppleseed@gmail.com

We also need help in other cities in the Central Valley, Bakersfield / Madera / Merced / Modesto / Tulare / Reedley / Hanford / Lemoore / Visalia and any other cities that I've missed.  If you live at or near any of the locations and would be willing to plant some seeds, please PM or email me and I will update the list.

---------------------------------------------- Internet --------------------------------------------

Twitter Account: http://twitter.com/CVAppleseed

Facebook Account

Myspace Account

Craigslist Ad:
- I can maintain this ad from week to week

There are other craigslist areas that need to be maintained

Calguns.net

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=280812

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=280808

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=280802

---------------------------------------------- Retail Stores ----------------------------------------
Walmart (Clovis)
323 West Shaw Avenue, Clovis, CA‎ - (559) 297-4391‎
They currently have glossies and flyers

Walmart (Fresno)
Shaw / Brawley
Night manager not willing to take flyers.  Need to try the day manager

Walmart (Fresno)
Shaw / Palm
Nice folks, left glossies and flyers at the sporting goods desk

----------------------------------------------- Sporting Goods ------------------------------------
Herb Bauers: Mark / John S / Barry
6264 N Blackstone Ave Fresno, CA 93710 - (559) 435-8600
Note: Very receptive to us

The Range
5151 N Gates Ave, Fresno - (559) 277-9800
Note: Receptive to us leaving flyers

Mayfields Guns
they are open again
Note: Receptive to us leaving flyers

Big 5 (Clovis)
480 Shaw Ave Clovis, CA 93612 (559) 297-8201
They currently have glossies / flyer / 11 x 17 Ad
Gary from the rifle range is also maintaining this store

Big 5 (Fresno)
5488 N Blackstone Ave Fresno, CA 93710 (559) 439-3351‎
Note: The manager I spoke to was not receptive to putting an ad on their window

Big 5 (Fresno)
3022 W Shaw Ave, Fresno, CA‎ - (559) 277-8135‎

Big 5 (Fresno)
1544 E Champlain Dr, Fresno, CA‎ - (559) 434-1788‎

Big 5 (Fresno)
4902 E Kings Canyon Rd, Fresno, CA‎ - (559) 255-1821‎

Big 5 (Selma)
3356 Floral Ave, Selma, CA‎ - (559) 896-1723‎

Big 5 (Madera)
2140 W Cleveland Ave # 104, Madera, CA‎ - (559) 674-2159‎
Gary from the rifle range is maintaining this store

Big 5 (Hanford)
1675 W Lacey Blvd # E1, Hanford, CA‎ - (559) 583-8773‎
???Dead Aye???

Big 5 (Visalia)
1430 S Mooney Blvd, Visalia, CA‎ - (559) 625-5934‎

Big 5 (Tulare)
1106 E Prosperity Ave, Tulare, CA‎ - (559) 687-2083‎

Sports Authority (Fresno)
7477 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA‎ - (559) 261-9438‎
left glossies and flyers ----- i think ----- Romeos Hero????

------------------------------------------ Military -------------------------------------------------

Military Recruiting Center (Fresno)
4470 W Shaw Ave
Note: We also try to encourage their recruits to come out for the shoot

US Army Recruiting‎
6073 N Fresno St, Fresno, CA‎ - (559) 448-0944‎

US Marine Corps Recruiting‎
4470 W Shaw Ave, Fresno, CA‎ - (559) 275-8322‎
Note: We also try to encourage their recruits to come out for the shoot

US Air Force Recruiting‎
1268 W Ashlan Ave, Fresno, CA‎ - (559) 225-2084‎

US Air Force Recruiting‎
720 W Shaw Ave, Clovis, CA‎ - (559) 322-8297‎

US Air Force Recruiting‎
771 W Shaw Ave # 101D, Clovis, CA‎ - (559) 298-6602‎

US Navy Recruiting‎
2020 Tulare St, Fresno, CA‎ - (559) 499-2300‎

US Navy Recruiting‎ -
1442 W Ashlan Ave, Fresno, CA‎ - (559) 222-5935‎

US Navy Recruiting‎
720 W Shaw Ave, Clovis, CA‎ - (559) 325-9830‎

US Navy Recruiting‎
771 W Shaw Ave # 103, Clovis, CA‎ - (559) 325-9830‎

US Army Recruiting‎ - Write a review
125 W 7th St, Hanford, CA‎ - (559) 582-9561‎

Army / Navy / Marine / Air Force Bases in the area are pending.

------------------------------------------------ Banks --------------------------------------------

Citibank (Fresno)
7025 N Marks Ave, Fresno, CA‎ - (559) 438-3893‎
Left glossies and flyers to all the employees

------------------------------------------------ Law Enforcement ----------------------------------

City of Fresno

City of Clovis

City of Reedley

City of Madera

-------------------------------- Colleges / High School ROTC/ College ROTC -------------------------

Fresno State Army ROTC
Romeos Hero has left glossies and flyers with them

Fresno State Air Force ROTC
Romeos Hero has left glossies and flyers with them

Fresno High School ROTC

Fresno City College Army ROTC

Fresno City College Air Force ROTC

------------------------------------- Central Coast Gun Show --------------------------------------

Left empty until updated
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

Double D

Ok folks, we just came back from the Sacramento shoot and had an awesome time!!!  Great folks, great company, lots of open minds and lots of riflemen and women.  But, it's time to get back to work!

We have a Fresno RBC coming up, August 22-28, that we need to promote.  We also have an appleseed that weekend, August 29-30.  I highly recommend attending the RBC, not only for the camaraderie, but also for the valuable information it contains.  This is the second RBC in California so hop on board.

Lemoore will also have it's first appleseed in September and also need to promote the outlying areas.

Please PM me if you can talk to and maintain a relationship with any of the folks I've listed above and if you would like to add more.  Any and all help is appreciated

Cal 7.62

Maybe I should have made my post ( reply # 84 ) here instead. ::)
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3892.80
P.S. Does any one have "Moose's" contact info? I know he lives in Bako. IIRC we had another shooter from Bako that went to a Santa Barbara Appleseed in the past who said he'd help promote  ??? any info on him?
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

V

The guy who won the FrontSight lifetime membership lives in Bakersfield... hope he turns up with some friends...

Marpat Pippi

The craigslist posting is now expired. Do you have a copy of the info you put in it as a template. I would like to make a posting for our SB Appleseed for October 31.

Double D

sorry guys, haven't been on the forums for a while.... and i'm back with a vengence....

I can be a central point for folks in the area with flyers, glossies and the like.  I currently have some in stock and can drop them off to you or ship them.

Double D

Ok folks, I was able to talk to an FFL in town and she does all the transfers for the Fresno, Paso Robles, Bakersfield shows.  I will be helping her in her booth during the May 15-16 Gunshow in Paso Robles.  She is generously providing a small portion of her table to Appleseed to do promotions.  If there is anyone available at any point during this weekend to help it is appreciated. 

The following are things that I will be bringing:

Appleseed Banner
Trifolds w/ holders
Swat Mags
10/22, single shot rifle, ar 15 & rifle stand
Fresno / Lemoore / Mariposa fliers
small computer / monitor / power strips and appleseed slide show

What I need:

fliers for your local shoots
volunteers

Please contact me via PM for planning.

Double D

Ok folks BaldDrgn, Romeo's Hero, and I will be in the Paso Robles area working the gun show.  Fresno Firearms has donated a small portion of her table to us for Appleseed promotions.  I will be bringing the supplies mentioned in the previous post.  If any in the area would like us to do some promotions for your shoots, please stop by and drop off your local flyers.