News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sucky turn out for upcoming events.

Started by RifleWoman, May 09, 2010, 08:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RifleWoman

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I lived in Utah for 20 years now that I see the pre-regs for up coming events.   :-[

Kaysville IBC NEXT WEEK!!!!!  Nobody signed up!  What's up with that? 

Cedar City Appleseed, May 22nd, 100 spots available, Nobody signed up! 

Come on people what's it going to take to get a good turn out.  Do we need to call in the Relief Society?  &)
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Mogget

Call out the RS?  Why, yes, yes indeed.

I'd pay to see that.

Mogs

RifleWoman

Relief Society is the women's organization of the Mormon Church, which is the predominant religion of Utah.  It's a big joke that if you want something done, ask the Relief Society  ;)

kool aid

Quote from: RifleWoman on May 09, 2010, 10:04:16 PM
Relief Society is the women's organization of the Mormon Church, which is the predominant religion of Utah.  It's a big joke that if you want something done, ask the Relief Society  ;)

Could it be as simple as we need to work around the fact that Sunday IS FOR CHURCH in that part of the world.

I dunno..... and none of my bees wax either cos I'm in Cali.

But, since you brought it up,  I am asking.
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

RifleWoman

Yes, we have done that.  I believe the last Appleseed there was Friday and Saturday.  And you are right, if I remember right we had a good turn out for that one.  The whole Sunday shooting thing there will always be an issue and should be considered.  I know I have to consider it every time I decide to do something on Sunday.  It's a hard decision for them to make.

SamD

Wade

Quote from: kool aid on May 09, 2010, 10:20:03 PM
Quote from: RifleWoman on May 09, 2010, 10:04:16 PM

Could it be as simple as we need to work around the fact that Sunday IS FOR CHURCH in that part of the world.

I dunno..... and none of my bees wax either cos I'm in Cali.

But, since you brought it up,  I am asking.
I will have to speak up here a friday saturday shoot in UT will work much better for the resones Koolaid brought up.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

V

I have four IITs arranged for the IBC by PM. We are trying to stand the state up. don't beat them up too much ;) But hey guys, pre-register and pay! These guys are providing me accomodation and taxi service in return.

The Fri/Sat shoot which I SB'd by taking a sick day was a wash in my opinion, not a big turn out for Friday cos the kids were in school.

As to the attendance at the shoots I agree its currently looking sucky. If the BOTG and local IITs can't pull something together I'm going to have trouble getting approval for further flights out there.

In my limited experience so far it looks like the north end of the state is besting the south end... need local input on how to exploit that competition.

Cheers
Phil

chiller

One-of-Three

I think you'll find some pre-reg's fo the IBC now.   :---   :---   :---

1-o-3

Quote from: RifleWoman on May 09, 2010, 08:37:53 PM
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I lived in Utah for 20 years now that I see the pre-regs for up coming events.   :-[

Kaysville IBC NEXT WEEK!!!!!  Nobody signed up!  What's up with that? 

Cedar City Appleseed, May 22nd, 100 spots available, Nobody signed up! 

Come on people what's it going to take to get a good turn out.  Do we need to call in the Relief Society?  &)