News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shiocton June 5th-6th. Wisconsin's favorite 500yd KD shoot....

Started by fepowered, May 09, 2010, 11:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fepowered

A month out and things are still a little slow for sign ups.  If we know anything, it's that WI shooters are good at procrastinating... :)
The weather put a damper on a KD shoot last year, so I hope everyone is anxious to stretch their legs this year!! O0
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

colycat

To all Riflemen and would be Riflemen'

Shiocton is Wisconsins premere event.  It is the event were the SWAT reprint came from,  its our oldest event, 4 years old.  In short, its the must attend shoot of the summer.

Held at the city of Shiocton' range, two blocks from a little resturant, where you can eat all three meals for the day, the Shiocton range has 2 rifle bays, one out to 500 yrds, a pistol range and some good stuff for archery.  (What ever that is) ???

Lets get some flyers out in the Fox valley and beat last years attendance of 58 ~~:)

Down load the flyer here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11819.0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

bronk

Do you need another ITT to help work it?I would like to try and level up and help out if possible. Also looks like my wife, 10 yr old daughter,and repeat attendee son will be there as well. My only question is if we as LSO's get to rotate in and shoot once or twice during the weekend?
  Really hope the weather is nice this year!
US Army Sniper school graduate 2004
US Army Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor
Rifleman qualified (1)Shiocton(3)Suamico
Iraqi Freedom combat vet

dragonfly

Quote from: bronk on May 09, 2010, 08:49:07 PM
Do you need another ITT to help work it?I would like to try and level up and help out if possible. Also looks like my wife, 10 yr old daughter,and repeat attendee son will be there as well. My only question is if we as LSO's get to rotate in and shoot once or twice during the weekend?

Yes bronk, sign up to help instruct :sos:, bring family and friends O0. Hope to see you there.

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: dragonfly on May 10, 2010, 01:10:43 PM
Quote from: bronk on May 09, 2010, 08:49:07 PM

Yes bronk, sign up to help instruct :sos:, bring family and friends O0. Hope to see you there.

dragonfly
D-fly runs a really fun shoot bronk --sure you can shoot  :o  Sorry Guys --Wisconsin seeds are too much fun ,had to say something  ::)
OK Coly-- Im ready  ~~:)
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

bronk

Question has been solved.
US Army Sniper school graduate 2004
US Army Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor
Rifleman qualified (1)Shiocton(3)Suamico
Iraqi Freedom combat vet

dragonfly

I can't believe this is not sold out yet. 19 pre regs. as of May 24 :wall:. What great chance to shoot a KDAQT. Thats D targets at 400, 300, 200, and 100 yards :---. Center fire's on the line and you get to see how everything you learn at Appleseed works at full distance ..:...

Come on all you Appleseeders out there, take the KD challenge O0.

D-fly  Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

fepowered

There will be more.  Procrastination seems to be a trend lately
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are

dragonfly

Slowly but surly we are up to 23 as of May 28 :wall:.

1 day at an Appleseed :--- is better than 10 on the couch in front of the tube.

I heard Elton John %) is going to be there signing autographs and maybe we can talk &) him into a song or 2.

D-fly @)

K.I.S.S.

colycat

After last years horrible weather, I think people may be waiting it out.  But remember, pre regs close on thursday night.  You can walk on but it costs a little more.  This year there is a chance of rain.  But in summer there is always a chance of rain.  Temps are going to be in the 70's, so I will not be looking for gloves this year.

If any one can bring the pop up awnings, please bring them.  If we get enough, we could cover the line. :)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

27 open spots on the line :wb:  What the heck is going on?  We had 58 last year in the rain and cold and no one left early.  Have all the fox valley shooters moved away?  This year the temps will be in the 70's, actually 74 both days.

fepowered

I got an E-Mail today and we will have 2 less shooters on the line.  A mother and son who were pre-registered will not be making it.   On a positive note, I asked nicely if the range maintenance person could knock down the long grass on the 500yd side so that we could see the targets and not be laying in and shooting through the long grass.  In case he is not able to do so, I am going to try and find a weed wacker to bring.   

JoeZ

To all instructors and IIT's. My hunting cabin is 45 min from this shoot and I will be staying there Sat night. You are welcome to stay. There are plenty of beds, just bring a sleeping bag so there will be no wash to do.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

smoky

Just got back from a weekend of excellent instruction (thanks to Colycat, dragonfly, Joe, Martin and a host of other great guys).  My son Sam and I had a memorable time of learning, shooting and making friends with people we consider now to be our friends.  On top of it all .... we made Rifleman!!    Lets keep the Spirit of Appleseed moving and growing.

colycat

Smoky,

It was a pleasure to have you and your son Sam at the shoot.  Glad you are online, post your comments and the pictures here http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14197.0 as this is the official AAR.

fepowered

Here is one option Coly.  These are Springfield Armory...

M1/M1A cheek rest for scopes

a couple more options

More Pads