News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"Shooting with Chelene"

Started by DesertDog, March 21, 2010, 07:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Chelene Nightingale is the Constitutional Party candidate for Governor of CA.  She is the pro-liberty all the way.

There is a campaign fundraiser for her coming up that could be a great 7th step opportunity, there will be candidates running for office attending.  It's a 2 day Defensive Handgun Course  May 1-2 at Burro Canyon Shooting Park in Azuza, CA.  Bill Carns has asked me to be an instructor and I gracioulsy accepted.  He was at the shoot I SB'd in Boulder City, NV last Nov and has talked about us on his radio show www.2aradio.com.  When he asked me, I told him that I had never instructed outside of AS.  He said, "I've seen you run an Appleseed and have seen you shoot defensive handgun, you're good to go."   That says alot about "Project Appleseed" and our instructors O0 O0

You will need a handgun, holster, magazine or speed loader pouch and 500 rds of ammo.  Not only will we be supporting a candidate who believes what we believe in, but it will be the best $200 you spend on defensive handgun training.

Chelene will be there as a shooter.  Are Meg Whitman, Steve Poizner or Jerry Brown going to invite you to shoot with them? #)

Here is the info and links.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SHOOTING WITH CHELENE!

Bring Your Family & Friends to the Weekend Defensive Handgun Shoot
In Support of Chelene Nightingale for California Governor 2010 at Burro Canyon Shooting Park for a Weekend Defensive Handgun Course

Includes: Range fees, Tri-Tip Lunch, & More!

Saturday & Sunday, May 1 & 2

Facilities provided by: Burro Canyon Shooting Park
http://www.burrocanyon.com/

Instruction provided by 5-Weapons Rangemaster and Nationally Syndicated 2nd Amendment Radio Advocate
Bill Carns and his professional instructional cadre'
http://www.2aradio.com/

Donation per person Only $200!
(payment packages are available)
For more information please contact:
kait@nightingaleforgovernor.com

To make Reservations reply to: reservations@nightingaleforgovernor.com with "Gun Shoot RSVP" in the Subject Field.

Reservations to be made until April 18, 2010
Information on local accommodations will be made available.

You can pay for this Event now by following the link below
http://www.donationstracker.com/donate.php?v=1.1&donate=238ed1d33b0678dd07a3531aeb2d7fd2&cid=640&vid=1170&uid=272

Make sure and send an e-mail to reservations@nightingaleforgovernor.com with "Gun Shoot RSVP" in the Subject Field after paying through the link above.

Please check website for updated information for this event!
www.nightingaleforgovernor.com

Lodging and travel accomodations in close proximity
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Xeyed

Interested in attending. Agree that it would be an interesting place to 7th step.

In the meanwhile. Having a hard time finding my way through the maze of California Firearms laws.

It looks like the pistol I would like to bring to the shoot is not on the CA DOJ good list. Springfield XD 45 9664 5" tactical with thumb safety.

I know that means that Californians can't own one. But does that mean that someone can't bring it into the state for training?

I understand that it would need to be unloaded and locked up while in transit, leave the hi cap mags at home.

I've googled till my googler is sore. Any directions to links with the relevant rules are would be appreciated.

I suspect that some other folks might have similar questions.
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

V

Well I guess you tripped over this in google.
Presented without comments or commercial interruptions for your delectation and entertainment purposes only. I am not a lawyer and have no intention of becoming one.

I thought (IANAL see above) that the approved pistol roster (not a list, lists are bad) was a requirment for buying/selling/transferring not owning or possessing. So yes a Californian (no K) can't get one now cos no one can sell you one but for everyone else...

And yes, its been so long since I've practised since this Appleseed thing took over, I proabably need a refresher course  ;)

Cheers
Phil

Quote from: Xeyed on March 23, 2010, 04:20:41 AM
Interested in attending. Agree that it would be an interesting place to 7th step.

In the meanwhile. Having a hard time finding my way through the maze of California Firearms laws.

It looks like the pistol I would like to bring to the shoot is not on the CA DOJ good list. Springfield XD 45 9664 5" tactical with thumb safety.

I know that means that Californians can't own one. But does that mean that someone can't bring it into the state for training?

I understand that it would need to be unloaded and locked up while in transit, leave the hi cap mags at home.

I've googled till my googler is sore. Any directions to links with the relevant rules are would be appreciated.

I suspect that some other folks might have similar questions.

jacques

If it islready in the state, you can buy, sell, transfer. If a LEO wants a non list handgun, they can buy one, then turn around and sell it to you.

Xeyed, you can bring that into the state. Leave your greater than 10rd mags at home. Lock it up, and you are good to go.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

SavageShootr

I wonder how many votes this candidate will siphon of off a liberal... Less than will reroute from conservatives.

Quote from: DesertDog on March 21, 2010, 07:05:53 PM
Chelene Nightingale is the Constitutional Party candidate for Governor of CA.  She is the pro-liberty all the way.
-snip-
Chelene will be there as a shooter.  Are Meg Whitman, Steve Poizner or Jerry Brown going to invite you to shoot with them? #)
-snip-
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

SamD

QuoteAre Meg Whitman, Steve Poizner or Jerry Brown going to invite you to shoot with them? idiot

That crowd would'nt feel comfy on a range if they had a Secret Service detail with 'em

V

OK DesertDog, me and andrew will be there siphoning. ;) You better be a good instructor cos my boy was only a couple of points away from Distinguished Graduate at the Frontsight course O0

Xeyed

All,

Thank you all for the quick education.

It's cheaper to ask questions up front than leave my "young guns" in the perpetual care of California's finest.

The DOJ website was about as useful as Tax instructions. Lots of data, but not the information I was looking for.

I'm extra cautious crossing state lines. I've learned the lesson when you "assume" something.

The gun laws are much simpler in Nevada. There is no place like home.

Grew up in Wisconsin, where the gun laws are crazy strict. Even the ranges have wild rules like 1 shot per minute. Anything faster is "rapid fire" and will draw the ire of the RO. Only one round can be loaded at a time, even with magazines. I'm sure that there are Cali ranges with similar rules.

And just like there are ranges like Piru, there are ranges that are Appleseed friendly.

LayloPro

Wowser!! One round per minute, eh? They must have thought they were only training F-class shooters there.......or real cheap guys who wanted their range fee to "last a while while scoping in their minutes of deer rifle before going out hunting...." :-\

Doubt a range like that would last very long around LA/SB Cty...... :P

As far as your brought in firearm/pistol, since you are not planning on "selling, transferring, or otherwise leaving it in Cali", and you are planning on using it solely for a "known registered event at a licensed target range", I really doubt you would have -any- problem at all.....
For more eye glazing reading, try: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/dwc.pdf#xml=http://search.doj.ca.gov:8004/AGSearch/isysquery/9c30ca68-a57a-46ac-accd-d9ed467ad794/7/hilite/

Bring it on in, I really do not see any problem..... O0 :~

Hopefully, I will get that weekend off as well....personally, I think we should put in a good AS presence, not only for Chelene, but also for Bill & his group..... ;)

Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

LLP

Oh, yeah...the "hi cap mags"....probably easier on everyone if those stayed home where they are safe.....and useful....
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

DesertDog

Quote from: SavageShootr on March 23, 2010, 08:55:11 PM
I wonder how many votes this candidate will siphon of off a liberal... Less than will reroute from conservatives.

Quote from: DesertDog on March 21, 2010, 07:05:53 PM
Chelene Nightingale is the Constitutional Party candidate for Governor of CA.  She is the pro-liberty all the way.
-snip-
Chelene will be there as a shooter.  Are Meg Whitman, Steve Poizner or Jerry Brown going to invite you to shoot with them? #)
-snip-

Since she is the only conservative in the race it shouldn't be a problem ;D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

SavageShootr

OOPS Didn't mean to hijack your thread with a discussion on candidates.

Have a great shoot.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

BaldDragn

Quote from: SavageShootr on March 25, 2010, 01:15:48 AM
OOPS Didn't mean to hijack your thread with a discussion on candidates.

Have a great shoot.

SS

Thanks... O0

I felt a rant brewing and I wasn't sure if I could contain it :-\
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

DesertDog

Great weekend for Liberty and Appleseed.  V and son were shooting, as well as Xeyed.  NewMoe and Laylopro were there for the kickoff and some 7th stepping.

V gave a great AS promo for all the students :bow:, I will steal a few nuggets from it ;D.  Xeyed was 7th stepping at every opportunity and I did what I could while doing my instructor duties.

BTW, V was probably the best shooter there, top 3 for sure.  Xeyed had a respectful performance for not ever doing any shooting like this before.  Just goes to show what Laylo has said many times, "This stuff applies to all rifles, as well as shotguns and pistols." O0

V

And I got to talk to the range management about holding a shoot at Burro Canyon  ;)

Remember folks, they can't say "Yes" unless you ask them.  &)

DVC
Phil

Xeyed

Great Weekend.

Good to see some members from the Cali crew and meet some new folks.

Had number of good conversations with folks who were open to Appleseed. A couple were very excited. Message delivered, time will tell if they get off the couch (or Beach)

I do want to confirm that marksmanship is marksmanship.

Have not spent much trigger time behind a pistol, in fact I sent more pistol rounds down range this weekend than I'd shot previously in my entire life.

But after Appleseed training there was an interesting difference.

When I walked up to the targets they talked to me. (OK at first they laughed)

"Shots  not on target, need to focus on sight alignment."
"Group too big, need to focus on the front sight, not the target."
"Shots low, poor trigger control and not resetting trigger"

It was satisfying, when the instructor, who had obviously identified me as a student climbing the learning curve, asked me for my diagnosis of my shooting issues and I was able to correctly identify both the cause and the cure... to his bewilderment.

Now with persistence, and practice, my skills will improve.

Why?

Because that's another lesson that's taught at Appleseed.