News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Christian Home Educators Fellowship Conference

Started by thursday, May 03, 2010, 11:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thursday

I was wondering if we would like to man a both at the Christian Home Educators Fellowship Conference in St.Charles on June 22 and 23 (Tuesday and Wednesday).  I will be there any way but would need help as I do have other things I need to do at the conference. 
I really think we could get a lot of shooters out of this crowd and I always enjoy the speakers. Some of the seminar titles for this year are "Alvin York, Christian hero of the Great War", "Patric Henry of Virginia:the forgotten founding father", "The terminators fall: the Delusion of the divine right of kings", "Remarkable Providences of the Yorktown campaign in the War of Independence".
As you can gather these people will love Appleseed, let me know if you can help me spread the word.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Ratchett

Thursday,

Wish I lived closer, sounds like an ideal place to 7th step! Hope folks in Mo can free up the time to help you out.

Best wishes with this endeavor O0

In His Grip,
Ratchett

PS--Your Dad is a very wise man ;)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

cmidkiff

Sounds a grand idea to me... we've been having some success with home school groups over the last year or so, and it's a great demographic for us.  Kids are the future, after all, and the more of them I can get on the line, the happier I'll be.

Unfortunately, I can't get away from the office in the middle of the week.  There's no way I'm going to make this event myself.

Volunteers?

Greybeard

Greg in MO

Same here.  I think it's a great idea but like Chris, St. Louis and middle of the week are not a good combination for those of us on the KC side.  I'm sure Mike would be willing, but he can't usually get out of work in the middle of the week either.

Can anyone else make it?  I'd hate to have the opportunity pass us by...

Greg

mikaldulee

It's just down the road from me.  Any details like hours?  I work basically from 0500 til 1900 Mon-Fri.

Speaking of this...Do we have any inroads to the Tea Party Movement?  Or is that a..."cautionary" group due to politics?

POP

Howdy, Greg and the MO group:

For ya'll in MO, let Texas "Show You"  ;D  about a Cotillion (sp?) that a local Corpus Christi, South Texas, Home School group does every year.  A Cotillion is a dance that they do at Valentines where they do all the old dances popular around the time of the American Revolution.

This year, they invited Appleseed to set up a table.  One of the Home School students is our own "EyeQ," an IIT3 who graduates this month.

We had a table with Appleseed literature and we talked with everyone.  We had 10 or 15 minutes to talk to the group of about 250 students and parents.

The attached photo is of EyeQ and POP.  We got about 16 families to sign the register and a lot more who are interested.  The Home School group is going to support us in their communiques.

As greybeard says "Kids are our future."   ;)   Good luck on your endeavor.  

POP
:~ :~ :~ ^:)^

PS:  The photo did not load ... looks like I have to cut this photo down a bit.  Check back.

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

thursday

Do we have any banners, posters, Brochures or any thing like that made up already?  We can make do with what ever we have but resources would be help full.
  This event runs from 9AM to 9PM so if any one is near by they could possibly help in the evening.
Thanks
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

nemohunter

i get off work at 3:30 and am about 15-20 mins away. i could definetly help in the evenings.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Greg in MO

I have a banner, but it will be tough to get to you.

I recommend you scroll down the Missouri board a bit until you see the 2010 MO Schedule that you can download.  You might need to update it with the St. Louis shoot that will soon be on the schedule, but otherwise, that is a good starting point.  Take some targets if you have some.  If not, Mike can probably get you some samples.

Most of the promo materials on this site electronically if you can find them.  If you can't find them, I can probably email them to you.

I recommend you get a copy of this months Backwoods Home so you can show it off as well.

Good luck!

Greg

Jungle George

Thursday,
     I will help in the evenings I get off at 4:00 pm and I am about hour and 15 from there.  Greg if you can relay your banner to Greybeard Thursday, I and Greybeard are in Osage the weekend before and I will see that you get it back. 

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

thursday

Thanks to everyone who is volunteering time and materials to this effort.  I will keep you posted as I learn more what is going on.

Longshot

I can have some handouts and targets ready for you to pick up at the May Osage shoot. You can use my set of Rev. War flags as long as you understand the consequences of not getting them back ....    ~~:)     :)

KR
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

Jungle George

Quote from: Longshot on May 06, 2010, 12:09:27 AM
I can have some handouts and targets ready for you to pick up at the May Osage shoot. You can use my set of Rev. War flags as long as you understand the consequences of not getting them back ....    ~~:)     :)

KR
I fully understand Boss, they will get back to you.  Those floggings hurt.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

thursday

Good news I just learned that the CHEF people have agreed to let us have a booth at the conference  ^:)^  I didn't want to plan more until I was sure we were in.  I really have high hopes for recruitment there especially now that we have a shoot at bullseye.

nemohunter

any more info on this? it is getting close to time.

thursday

Quote from: nemohunter on June 08, 2010, 12:39:35 PM
any more info on this? it is getting close to time.

I have the booth reserved and payed for, I am currently gathering materials for display/hand out.  I have a case of CMP catalogues I wish I could find some color brochures for Appleseed.  I have a small TV and am thinking to show Irene's video and maybe an old 1942 army training video I have.  I need to put together a dummy rifle so we can demonstrate positions/ shf.  If I can borrow a banner or flag or whatever that will be great. 
  They tell me that preregistration's are up from last year by 1000, I don't know what the total numbers will be but that's a lot of people where I come from so any one who wants to help is greatly appreciated.  I will have to give you a badge so you can get in so P.M. me and I will get you my cell number.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  I expect I will see most of you at Osage Beach the weekend before so we can plan there too. 
Thanks for the interest, keep your power dry :~

nemohunter

LMK what you need for a demo rifle. i'm a top 10/22 smith i'm sure i could slap toghether whatever we need.

Jungle George

Thursday,  I have the colored pamplets Missouri Brigade sent me I'll bring them.  Don't forget we have to pick up flags at Kr's next weekend.

JG

Jungle George

Thursday his wife spent all day at the conference center promoting AS Nemo Hunter and I relieved them when we got off work.  Thursday reported to me that the Flags borrowed from Long Shot drew in a lot of the young who drug their parents to us.  He was right I watched a young boy looking at the flags and then talk to mom, here they came.  We told them about AS and she said they would be there. 
    Many of us have been promoting at the gun shows and we are missing people who have never shot much.  We need to start attending county fairs, any kind of event that would have us such as the convention center.

JG

thursday

I believe the conference was a success we had a lot of interest, not one negative comment.  We had people from all over the state of MO and IL (IL owes us one we gave out as many IL fliers as we did MO) and one from WI.  Two people asked what they had to do to host an appleseed on their farms, one from Potsie one in Bolling Green .^:)^  Of course we gave them Greybeard's contact info.  I have never met so manny people who did not own guns but were enthusiastic about their second amendment rights and learning to shoot. 
  We demonstrated sling use and told the DOM stories over and over again, great pratice for us orange hats.
  Special thanks to my wife who did a great job of seventh stepping even thought she has never been to Appleseed herself, and to Nemohunter and Jungle George who came out to help after long hot days of work.  Thanks also to everyone who lent us materials and encouragement, esp Dugin
P.S. everyone we met who knew anything about Appleseed had learned about it through Back Woods Home Magazine, well done Dugin O0.

Ratchett

thursday, Jungle George, and others who manned the booth---JOB WELL DONE!! It truly is exciting to hear about the great turn out and the 7th step effort put forth by the MO crew.  O0 O0

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Missouri Brigade

Good work!  Hopefully you got to stop by Graf's reloading while visiting St. Chuck.  Or maybe even venture into lovely  ;D downtown St. Louis to the Hi Tech Ammunition warehouse.  You can schedule pick ups there with no sales tax!

nemohunter

Here is thursday telling dangerous old men.

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9