News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Range time outside of Appleseed Who, What, When, Where we already know Why ;)

Started by DryFire, April 30, 2010, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeep45238

Had a great day at Spring Valley - didn't see any familiar faces, but did get two gentleman very interested in Appleseed after helping them with their 1891/30's.  Pleasant day, though many people didn't think they would need more than 3 or 4 clothespins to deal with sustained 20mph winds - I was the crazy one for using 8, but I never lost my backing to the wind  ++)
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

twhittle

I was out at Spring Valley first thing Saturday morning -- stayed for maybe 3 hours.

Interestingly, there were several youngsters, including a large group of 4-H kids and their parents.  Just so happens that I had a stack of Appleseed flyers with me.  I handed out about dozen or so.

--
twhittle   

Ratchett

twhittle,

WAY TO GO!!! ^:)^  Great group with which to 7th step. Glad those fliers were in the car and you were able to talk with them. Keep up the good work.
Hopefully, we will meet on the trail soon.

In His Grip,
Ratchett 
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

jeep45238

Quote from: twhittle on May 10, 2010, 02:31:15 PM
I was out at Spring Valley first thing Saturday morning -- stayed for maybe 3 hours.

Interestingly, there were several youngsters, including a large group of 4-H kids and their parents.  Just so happens that I had a stack of Appleseed flyers with me.  I handed out about dozen or so.

--
twhittle   

Sounds like you left right before I got there - some of the folks who I was shooting the breeze with brought up rifle training, and I mentioned Appleseed.  The look on their face was pretty good when they looked real corn-fuzed and then pulled the flier out of their pocket - like I was watching them the whole time or whatnot  **)

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

twhittle

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on May 10, 2010, 02:37:09 PM
Great group with which to 7th step.

My thoughts exactly...

Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I will definitely continue to spread the word (note to self: print more flyers!).

Hopefully, we will meet on the trail soon.

I look forward to it.  :)

--
twhittle

twhittle

Quote from: jeep45238 on May 10, 2010, 05:53:17 PM
The look on their face was pretty good when they looked real corn-fuzed and then pulled the flier out of their pocket - like I was watching them the whole time or whatnot  **)

Excellent timing! O0

--
twhittle

proneshooter

Do you all know that Miami Rifle & Pistol Club in Batavia has monthly FULL DISTANCE highpower rifle matches (200 yds standing, 200 yds sitting RF, 300 yds prone RF, and 600 yds prone slow fire), monthly 20 round informal prone shoots from the 600 yard line, three mid range prone NRA matches (two are 3x600, one is a 300/500/600 yd prone) and two Garand/Springfield matches during the season?

You do not need to be a member to shoot any of them.

www.miamirifle-pistol.org

proneshooter

Here I am handing all you appleseeders within reasonable distance of Cincinnati the opportunity to shoot KD all the way to 600 at least once a month without having to do anything but show up and pay the reasonable match fees.

And all I hear is silence...............

jeep45238

Unless you're offering me 40 hours of paid work as well, no way can I do that.  Thanks for the heads up though.

proneshooter

Quote from: jeep45238 on June 01, 2010, 09:08:05 PM
Unless you're offering me 40 hours of paid work as well, no way can I do that.  Thanks for the heads up though.
I am sort of missing your point...........

All these matches are on weekends.  Sundays mostly.

jeep45238

Quote from: proneshooter on June 01, 2010, 10:09:41 PM
Quote from: jeep45238 on June 01, 2010, 09:08:05 PM
I am sort of missing your point...........

All these matches are on weekends.  Sundays mostly.

I don't have the funds.

proneshooter

I think the across the course matches are $27.  Then you need at least 88 rounds of whatever your rifle eats.  All the rest of the stuff is what you use for Appleseed.

ETA:  It just occurred to me that you may be unemployed.  If that is the case I certainly understand.

With as many people as keep asking for longer distances I would have thought people here would jump on this like a hobo on a hot dog.

Oh well............

jeep45238

Ratchett

proneshooter,

Thank you for inviting all to your home range for distance shooting, unfortunately most of us are busy on weekends volunteering to teach marksmanship and heritage to fellow Americans. I am sure many would like to take you up on this offer, it is just finding the time.  Once you learn your way around the forum you will see that there are Appleseed clinics every weekend and not always in an instructor' s home state.

Have you been to an Appleseed yet? Regardless of answer, I would like to invite you to my home range---Athens Fish & Game Club, New Marshfield, Ohio---for a marksmanship/heritage clinic on July 17-18 ( http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10382.0 ). Shoot starts 8:30 AM until 5:00PM each day. Come on out, camp with fellow Appleseeders, earn the coveted "RIFLEMAN" patch, and have a wonderful weekend. You will not be sad you did!! O0 ^:)^ O0

In His Grip,
Nurse Ratchett

proneshooter

I can understand some are busy teaching on weekends.  That is, however, the minority of appleseed participants.

What about the rest?

If you live within an hour and a half of Cincinnati you owe it to yourself to participate in medium range known distance shooting that involves all the skills you were taught.

If you are intimidated by the distance or the fact that it is a competition, do not be.  First, you will find LOTS of help if you ask for it.  Secondly, while some of the events are NRA-approved matches, the atmosphere is not at all cutthroat, nor people will play mind games with you (as I have seen in other disciplines).  As long as you are safe and pull your share of duties (target pulling, scoring), you are welcome.

Nurse thanks for the invite.  I will be at my home range (MRPC) that weekend for the 600 yard club tournament.