News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed brochure for Regional Events

Started by spitstickler, February 03, 2010, 03:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

Quote from: starfox on February 09, 2010, 03:42:08 PM
I'll add a black sharpie to the list for the gun show and we'll do a quick doctoring job.

I like the way Riflemen think!  ;)
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

B9

Quote from: starfox on February 09, 2010, 03:42:08 PM
Quote from: spitstickler on February 09, 2010, 03:24:42 PM
Quote from: Big H on February 09, 2010, 03:04:15 PM
Official AS Policy: under 21, active military (including reserves and guard), and women are free.
Police/Law Enforcement Officers/LEO are NOT FREE.  @&)

Please correct the brochures to make sure they reflect AS Policy.  &)
This also applies to other regions and states looking to adapt this brochure.

Now keep calm and carry on the excellent job of promoting AS.  O0

I will update the files and take the LEO part out. A little too late for Texas though as ours is already on the press. I looked around for this information on the forum, but that's one of the many needles in the haystack. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll add a black sharpie to the list for the gun show and we'll do a quick doctoring job.

You may want to check with Scout. Just leave it and see what kind of response it gets?
I know different areas have different opinions of LEO's.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

techres

Opened a thread at the national promotions level to let everyone know about the state level flyers (especially those who cannot see different state boards):

Appleseed Flyer Thread (56k Beware!)

And if you want to run something by scout, be sure to come on the radio show tonight!  It is the one place you can easily find him in a given week. [/gratuitous plug for radio show]
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Aromatic

Received the brochures today and they are VERY NICE.  They look so professional that when people find these in their gun magazines at walmart they are going to think they came from publisher O0

Nice job putting info about AS radio on the back  :~

Great work and thanks again Spitstickler

didactic

Brochures just arrived!  And they look at least as good as the images on the forum!  Spit and others, well done!!!  O0 O0 O0

I've passed out a handful at work.  After a little "Sharpie" action, racks of them will arrive at two or three local gun shops on Saturday.

We'll see how fast they disappear, and if they boost attendance at Central Texas shoots.

With any luck, we'll be able to spring for an even bigger lot of the slightly revised edition next time.

For everyone's guidance, this lot of 5,000 cost a little over 10 cents per copy.  In lots of 50,000, they would cost a little under 6 cents.  Lots smaller than 5,000 cost considerably more, to the point of approaching impracticality. 

Secondary distribution, getting them from the primary person to the individual volunteers to distribute, can be a big added cost.  Face-to-face delivery, at shoots or gun shows or whatever, is very desirable when possible.

But that means it's workable for a handful of members to kick in moderate amounts of cash and have a batch printed.  Pocket change won't do it, but it doesn't take astronomical amounts of money, either.  For example, five people kicking in a little over a hundred FRN's each gets a batch of 5,000 printed.  So this can be done!
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

didactic

Update-

Racks of the new brochures are in the three small gun shops I regularly visit in Austin and Bastrop.   8)

They still look great, really slick, for an all-volunteer non-profit outfit.   ^:)^

I also passed them out at the TCHA (Texas Concealed handgun Association) annual meetings and banquet in Kerrville on 6-7 March, and very few were left on the banquet tables when everybody cleared out of the room.    O0

So maybe we'll see what kind of attendance boost we got over the spring season.  I'll take a batch with me to Corpus this weekend.

The sooner we get rid of all of these, the sooner we can print the revised edition, avoid the Sharpie squiggle in each, and REALLY paper the state with them.    :~ :~
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

spitstickler

That's good. I hope we bring out the crowds. I've put them up at the Bass Pro range, and every time I go in to re-stock, I end up handing half of what I brought in out to people along the gun counter and telling them about it. I almost feel a sense of guilt if I let someone pass by.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Aromatic

Spit,

Let me know if you are planning another run of these.  I am all out.

spitstickler

I mailed the last little batch I had off to 7.62er in Lubbock this morning. I'm up for another order, we need to get at least 5 or 6 people together on this to make it cost effective. Is there anyone else interested?  

BTW, Texans... California put our initial order to shame, they ordered 50,000.

7.62er

Spitstickler, Just saw your post here.  Put me down for $100 on your next batch.  Let me know when you want it.  I don't need any more for a while. Still passing these out.
Thanks,
Heretic.
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished.  (...hiding doesn't mean fear, just that he is prudent and PREPARES!)

"You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down—up to a man's age-old dream; the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism, and regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course,"--Ronald Reagan