News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Great Job VA and congrats to some new Rifleman!!

Started by FiremanEd, April 18, 2010, 10:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanEd

I want to thank everyone who showed up for the Buckingham VA Shoot this weekend. I hope you had as good of a time as the Instructors did!

We had 28 shooters show up on Sat morning, 26 made it back on Sunday and we had 7 newly qualified Riflemen!! OUTSTANDING!!!  It's not often that we get 25% of the shooters present to qualify (for the first time and all but one of them at their first Appleseed) for their Rifleman's Patch. Several of the newest Riflemen where relatively inexperienced shooters and our guest reporter from the Washington Post, Dan Zach, who'd never fired a rifle before two weeks ago qualified, with a huge smile on his face, with a 216. It was also my first opportunity to award Rifleman patches to a husband and wife who qualified on the same AQT, they're looking forward to sharing the news with their son in Iraq. Thank you, to him as well.

Of the 7 newest Riflemen we had a high score of 244!! The rest ranged between there and 211, Great Job Roy, Shaun, William, Liz, Roger, John & Dan.

I'm sure Mike will get on here and update us on VA Beach. I'm sure they had as good of a time as we did.

Thanks again to all the shooters and instructors who helped make the Buckingham Shoot a resounding success!

FiremanEd
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

Stonewall1846

Great instructors, great weekend.  Matt, Ed, and Woody ran a terrific event
For every Southern boy 14 years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it's still not yet two o'clock on that July afternoon in 1863, the brigades are in position behind the rail fence, the guns are laid and ready in the woods and the furled flags are already loosened

Cheeks

Thanks to vtmountaineer, Ed, Woody, Carl and all the nice folks that I met over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. The weather was fantastic. I was glad that I was able to make Rifleman, and that my buddy made Rifleman as well, even though he was a first timer.

West

VTMountaineer

Cheeks - Congratulations on making Rifleman. More importantly, thanks for taking the hat!