News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Need some help in S. Amboy

Started by dwarven1, April 21, 2010, 10:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

My best friend is a member of the club in South Amboy. They're talking about getting up a senior rifle team and Mike got handed the responsibility to get it going. He was interested in maybe having a mini Appleseed there to help the shooters get going.

Two problems - it's an indoor 50' range, and there's MAYBE room for 4-5 shooters (prone) on the line. (It's a real small club!) I know we have reduced size targets we can print out, but I live 4 & 1/2 hours away. Any of our local instructors or IITs interested in planting a few Appleseeds in South Amboy?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

MacDuff

I will help.

I am in P. Amboy, and I've spoken about Appleseed at a few gun shops and to a few friends in the area interested in shooting.  I can round up some people.

dwarven1

MacDuff, are you an Instructor or IIT?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

MacDuff

Oh, no, sorry.  Should have read better. #)

I just participated in Appleseed and enjoyed it.  I can round up some heads for appleseed, but that's not what you were talking about.  Sorry 

lprgcfrank

Quote from: dwarven1 on April 21, 2010, 10:11:59 AM
My best friend is a member of the club in South Amboy. They're talking about getting up a senior rifle team and Mike got handed the responsibility to get it going. He was interested in maybe having a mini Appleseed there to help the shooters get going.

Two problems - it's an indoor 50' range, and there's MAYBE room for 4-5 shooters (prone) on the line. (It's a real small club!) I know we have reduced size targets we can print out, but I live 4 & 1/2 hours away. Any of our local instructors or IITs interested in planting a few Appleseeds in South Amboy?

I SB'd the Winslow NJ shoot in April and can SB if it's set up - I have a full NJ legal set of gear now (amazing what I can't bring).  I work in State College PA and need someone to handle the promotion part as it's too far for me.  Machine Mac and Deisel are IIT's in NJ. Machine MAC is IIT3 and should be ready to step up to Red Hat and running shoots in NJ in a couple months.  MikeP is a local NJ resource as well - he handled the promotions for Winslow and we had a sell out - very solid instructor.

I suggest running this like I handle NRA basic rifle on an indoor club - have 2 relays - that alternate between instruction and shooting - that way you can handle 8-10 shooters. we gotta be nimble tho' 

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Another D.O.M.

The map says that's about 3 hours for me.  Once you settle on a date, post it here and I'll see if I can work it into my calendar...
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Hugh

I am a brand new orange hat. I'm in north jersey, let me know what is needed.

dwarven1

A RANGE!!! At least, one in Northern NJ.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Colorado Pete

Have a look at the Cherry Ridge range in northwest NJ, out Canistear Rd. off of Rt. 23, way up northwest in the woods-and-reservoirs country. Very nice range, they have a broad 100 yard range and a separate highpower range with 200 & 300 yard firing lines and TARGET PITS!!!
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

dwarven1

Quote from: Colorado Pete on May 31, 2010, 02:13:30 PM
Have a look at the Cherry Ridge range in northwest NJ, out Canistear Rd. off of Rt. 23, way up northwest in the woods-and-reservoirs country. Very nice range, they have a broad 100 yard range and a separate highpower range with 200 & 300 yard firing lines and TARGET PITS!!!

Sounds like a good range. Since I live in MA and only get down to NJ every few months, can you contact them for us?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Arrigetch

I am also a brand new orange hat here in northwest NJ, willing to help out at shoots here (NE PA too)....

kDan

I could make it too most likely.  I'd be happy to work under Frank or Ross.  I could take the train from Penn Station.

What's up with that other range colorado is talking about.  Anybody look into that?  I could maybe check it out, but I'm not a real solid go-getter contact guy.  Anybody got a number? 

-d-
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

dwarven1

Quote from: kDan on June 06, 2010, 12:57:36 AM
I could make it too most likely.  I'd be happy to work under Frank or Ross.  I could take the train from Penn Station.

What's up with that other range colorado is talking about.  Anybody look into that?  I could maybe check it out, but I'm not a real solid go-getter contact guy.  Anybody got a number? 

-d-

Right now it seems that Bayview is waffling - I should know more when I talk to my friend as their meeting was Thursday night.

Cherry Ridge: http://www.anjrpc.org/?cherry_ridge contact info: http://www.anjrpc.org/?Range_schedule

Looks like a VERY busy range.

GEORGE WASHINGTON