News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Las Cruces Event 4-10/11-10

Started by TaosGlock, April 21, 2010, 10:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Another great NM shoot! :~ O0 O0
This one was held at the Las Cruces Butterfield Range.
11 shooters showed up and we finished registration by 9.
Ages ranged from 17-71 :---

BlueFeather explains the Redcoat target. This target finally answers the question "what is my effective range?" 40% of the shooters who have shot this target for the first time don't usually qualify even at 100 yards. If you want to be effective to 500 yards, what we call the "Rifleman's Quarter Mile",  you better get to an Appleseed.

duc-dog watches the west end of the line during the opening Redcoat.

The seated position. duc-dog, Boomer_EOD and staplegund instruct the line.

The shooters below do transitions from standing to sitting change for Stage 2 of the AQT. 10 rounds in about one minute on 2 targets that represent a 200 yard shot.
The shooters along with instructors Boomer_EOD, SamD and BlueFeather get ready for the "Fire" command.

Ball and Dummy with SamD and Boomer_EOD.
Shooter problems were cured and detected with this drill.

At the target line analyzing targets. How big is my group and where is my group?

The standing position as demoed by SamD and staplegund. Standing is the least stable position but is the fastest to acquire and often the one used most in the field.

More instruction on the line. SamD staplegund and duc-dog

Prep period for standing to prone. 10 rounds in about a minute with a mag change on 3 targets that qualify you to 400 yards.

History at lunch time BF gives them the first strike, SamD gave the second and I did the 3rd.

AQT: hammering out riflemen on the anvil of the AQT
I explain a COF.

A huge thanks to all our supporters who helped promote this shoot: O0 :bow:
Our local shooting group, "Patriot's Lead", especially Amanda and Bev
Buck, our IIT for recruiting shooters from Facebook.
Dave at Wal Mart
Custom Cartridge
Lyon's Gun Club
The staff at the LC Rec Center.

This beautiful range is located at the base of the Gunsite Mountains.
As the sun sets over the front and rear sight of the Gunsight Mountains on the second day, we complete yet another successful New Mexico shoot.
And a hearty thanks to all of the volunteer instructors, and especially our newest: Boomer_EOD!! :~ :--- O0

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

oladcock

Too cool, great coverage. Wish I could have been there!....O.L. :bow:
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Longshot

Great pics.

Did any of the WSMR guys attend?  If so, how did they do?

LS
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge