News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hard Work

Started by SamD, April 20, 2010, 03:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

I just want to take a minute to thank all fo you for your efforts to make last weekend a success.

I know that each of you here in NM put a lot of hard work into making April 17-18 happen.

You have done radio spots, gotten newspaper articles, passed out literature by the bale, pitched to passersby at gun shows, spoken to fraternal organizations adn clubs and even cornered people on the street.

All of your efforts paid off.   

Yes, we got mudded out in Rio Rancho, that does not detract in any way from the program.  We were there, the club wasn't, we will reschedule and do it all over again.

That is what Riflemen do, perservere.  O0

How many more shoots can we get in before the heat arrives?

Let's find out

Sam

oladcock

Sam, At our next gun club meeting I'll give them a report on what we did this weekend and see what their feedback is. If favorable, and I'm sure it will be, I'll pitch another shoot, maybe mid to late May? Even then it could be breaking 100+. Whatcha think?....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

TaosGlock

BF and I just got in a few minutes ago.  %)
Should be able to get one more in down here or better yet a new location in Silver City. I am still working on that location.

And yes, a big hats off to all our crew and supporters who made 4/19 happen. O0 O0
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

SamD

Lets try.have to have one either there or C'bad before it gets too hot

ranchroo

My thoughts exactly... we need to plan another Carlsbad shoot!  The Wilkie girls are all outfitted with new rifles, new mags, new tech sights, and itching to shoot!
"We may destroy all the men in America, and we shall still have all we can do to defeat the women." -- British General Lord Cornwallis

oladcock

Good deal Ranchroo! In case the itch really needs scratchin bad, Alamo is this weekend (May 1-2) and we're possibly going to have another in Roswell, last of May/ first of June time frame. Would love to see you guys out! :)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

SamD

We will be hard pressed to do a shoot in Carlsbad or anywhere else before the oven gets up to operating temp.
It takes an absolute minimum of 5 weeks to get a shoot in Carlsbad because we have to get it voted on by the City Council.  Someone go back through the posts but I believe they only vote on these things 1 meeting a month. It's a pro forma thing but we need something like 3 weeks lead time just to get it on the agenda.

Appleseed takes "a month" to set up a shoot but I can get around that.
I keep enough supplies ratholed to put on a shoot at any time so that isn't an issue.

I have a mimimum 3 week lead time on setting up a shoot to match my job and I have to schedule around a wife that travels for her work. One or the other of usd has to be in town all the time because someone got tho feed all these critters.  Her schedule is set  3 months in advance. 

Ocassionaly we may be able to borrow a SB but that is another person to schedule into the mix.

Scheduling is tricky and will stay that way until I can get enough of you "promoted" so you can put on a shoot without me.

oladcock

"Scheduling is tricky and will stay that way until I can get enough of you "promoted" so you can put on a shoot without me."

We're trying..I know...Very trying! :)...O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

SamD

I know you are, and I sincerely appreciate it.

I promise to do my best to meet the needs of everyone in the state, provide maximum exposure of Appleseed to all, give each IIT the best possible learning opportunity, and even help out Appleseed brothers and sisters outside NM. 

We just may not be able to have a shoot in every city every month, or in the months we want or on the days we want. We will have some flexibility soon, as our latest red hats learn to juggle the Shoot Boss job and have a chance to "branch out on their own".

BTW, as you know the oven is lit adn we don't do much for outdoor activity, from July to Sept.  Not many, if any shoots will happen in southern NM in those months. Jamming the rest of May and June into a schedule will be fun, and we will.
We do have shoots scheduled in Raton throughout the summer and you can partake of those.

If you are planning a trip up north or back east for your vacation, I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to make your vacation plans in conjunction with an Appleseed in that location.  We are good but you can always pick up something by getting an outside veiwpoint.