Author Topic: I needed new personal checks so.......  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Bama

• Inactive Instructor
  • Honored to be counted as one of Marion's Men!
I needed new personal checks so.......
« on: April 20, 2010, 02:42:28 PM »
I was running out of my supply of personal checks so I decided to order some more. I went to go reorder the same "wildlife series" I had been using and the website informed me that the series had been discontinued. I started browsing their website and then I had an idea. Can I make my own checks?

I few minutes later I found Artistic Checks (http://www.artisticchecks.com/Home.aspx). There you can upload your own photo, crop it and turn it into the background for your checks. Looking futher, I found that you can upload up to four photos and have a series of checks (that repeat themselves every fourth check).

Below are the the checks I came up with, and below them the images I used. Just right click and save picture as and they are yours to use. Make someone think everytime you pay a bill! I added two lines of text above where I sign that says:
To Remember Is To Honor
April 19th, 1775

In Liberty,
Bama

To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)

Offline LayloPro

• Inactive Instructor
  • Appleseed...turning rifle owners, into Riflemen...
Re: I needed new personal checks so.......
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 03:26:32 PM »
Bama,

dude, you are -AWESOME-!!!

Thanks for the idea, background, and execution!!
Rock on!!

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Offline smwwoody

• BUCKINGHAM THREE-OH-NINE
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:20:55 PM »
Bama

That is great!! my next checks will look just like yours.

Woody

PS
Can I get your Routing and Account numbers so they look exactly like yours.
Fixing some of the holes in your bucket first can make bailing easier

Our children should be taught how to think, not what to think....

KJ4WXC

Offline Bama

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 08:32:27 PM »

Actually, I'm a bit worried about how they are going to look.

I don't think they showed what it would look like with my selected text and font. I think they just showed a generic example superimposed on my selected images. I choose the old english font which may be larger than what they gave as an example. If the address area text is too large, it may get into the head of Parker's statue. There was room to move his statue a bit more to the right, IIRC.

We'll see soon enough. I'll update this thread when I have 'em in hand.

PS: Woody, if you saw the check register you wouldn't care to have 'em.
 :'(

Bama
To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

Offline Bama

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »
They look great!!

If I had to do again I would move Parker's statue just a little bit to the right. The text does not quite go far enough to the right to reach his head, at least with the length of my name in Ole English font, but I think it would look better if there was just a bit more space separating that line from the statue.

Also there is a "EZ Shield" Check Fraud Protection logo above the place for the date, that is imposed over the brim of the hat on Davis' left side (right side the way you look at it). So, to do again, I would move him a bit to the left.

But really, this is nit-picking. They look awesome! I can officially recommend Artistic Checks to my fellow Appleseeders.

Bama

Offline NewMOe

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:21:19 PM »
Looking Good!!!
"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the