News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Utah IITs

Started by risky buisness, April 20, 2010, 12:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

risky buisness

Just a reminder, to further your Appleseed career consider an IBC (for the uninitiated) that's an Instructors boot camp, and a very healthy step in the right direction of acheving your ultimate goal of  full instructor credentials and the coveted RED HAT  ^:)^ interestingly enough there happens to be one reletivly close to you at  Kemmerer Wyo May 16-17
Risky Buisness, Rifleman and worlds fastest single shot M1 Garand operator

V

Actually there's one in Kaysville, UT May 15/16. PM me if you are not already involved with it.

Cheers
Phil

Burnt Patch

I had the chance to attend the RBC in Kemmerer, Wy last week.  It was a small, but reasonably competent (if I may say) and enthusiastic group, and the instruction was  top-notch.  Risky Buisness and The Guy were SBs, and were terrific (read that to mean both very patient, and outstanding at at the art of teaching a newbie (me). 

Critical Mass and I had shot Expert by about mid-day Wednesday.  Wednesday afternoon, we broke out the high-power stuff, and got in some time at known distance.  It was rigorous (but fun!), and I think I partially separated a rib doing transition-to-prone out in the weeds and less-than-smooth terrain.

On Friday, Critical Mass and I had a chance to work on our IIT skills at a mini-shoot of sorts, set up by Risky and Guy.  And, then we put it to use at the AS the following weekend.

Anyway, Northern Utah has a new IIT2 -- me.  And, the greater Boise area has a new IIT2 -- Critical Mass.  Am glad to see the level of interest of late at the Kaysville AS events, and plan to be there in the future to help out.  Red hat and all.

There is a humorous anecdote behind "Burnt Patch."  The name was... given... to me by The Guy.   #)  But, that is a 'sore' subject for another day...

If you are going to be up Logan way, PM me.   :cool2:
---------------------
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man,
and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds,
the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
--Mark Twain
---------------------

V

Good to hear Burnt Patch.

Meet up with One-of-Three, Two-of-Three, Rifleman2000 and lccmonkey for the next shoot at Kaysville in June. See ya soon.
Cheers
Phil

Quote from: Burnt Patch on May 26, 2010, 10:30:14 PM
I had the chance to attend the RBC in Kemmerer, Wy last week.  It was a small, but reasonably competent (if I may say) and enthusiastic group, and the instruction was  top-notch.  Risky Buisness and The Guy were SBs, and were terrific (read that to mean both very patient, and outstanding at at the art of teaching a newbie (me). 

Critical Mass and I had shot Expert by about mid-day Wednesday.  Wednesday afternoon, we broke out the high-power stuff, and got in some time at known distance.  It was rigorous (but fun!), and I think I partially separated a rib doing transition-to-prone out in the weeds and less-than-smooth terrain.

On Friday, Critical Mass and I had a chance to work on our IIT skills at a mini-shoot of sorts, set up by Risky and Guy.  And, then we put it to use at the AS the following weekend.

Anyway, Northern Utah has a new IIT2 -- me.  And, the greater Boise area has a new IIT2 -- Critical Mass.  Am glad to see the level of interest of late at the Kaysville AS events, and plan to be there in the future to help out.  Red hat and all.

There is a humorous anecdote behind "Burnt Patch."  The name was... given... to me by The Guy.   #)  But, that is a 'sore' subject for another day...

If you are going to be up Logan way, PM me.   :cool2: