News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Maryland Appleseeds are becoming a reality!

Started by BeSwift, April 19, 2010, 10:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Appleseed is finally coming to Maryland. 3 shoots are scheduled for Apl, May, and June 2010 (respectively). If these are successful, I will keep rolling with them, for as long as people are willing to learn, attend, and shoot. If you can help, need info, or wish to get this going at YOUR club, PM me and we'll make it happen. We gotta build a cadre of Instructors and Instructors In Training (IIT's) for Maryland, if we want to keep this going, long term. Step up to the plate, shoot an Appleseed, and make this program a success in OUR state....Gotta get off the couch if you want to be "a man who knows what he's about"   BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Cheeks

I just signed up to be an IIT. I live in Vienna, Va and May be able to help out in MD.

enfield

Wow I missed this chance. I live in Annapolis. All sold out. Good job though.

I sometimes shoot with the Navy rifle team.

jmdavis

Enfield,

We expect more MD shoots to be annouced soon. In the meantime the are shoots in PA, VA, and WV in May and June. Check the schedule for more information.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

featherblue

Hello Maryland! I thought I'd be post #14 in your forum. Just try'n to get things mov'in for ya!!  :)) Jump-start I guess.  :)

-fb
�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

BeSwift

OK... Maryland wants more Appleseeds....Maryland GETS more Appleseeds.... O0

Sept 11-12,  Oct 9-10,  Nov 6-7
Annapolis, MD,  22LR only
Signup link is now hot... These are likely to sell out quickly, so hop to it!   BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Patent guy

The September Appleseed at AAF&G was great! 
I'll be back with my son and daughter (and probably a few friends too). 
October & November are "sold out" though. 
Are any new dates to be scheduled soon?
Then, how can we get some centerfire Appleseed shooting happening in MD?
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

BeSwift

A date has been set for a December shoot at AAFG, but it has not been posted online for sign up yet. It will be soon.
I'm working on other winter dates, and actively seeking other ranges or even private property that would allow us to host a center fire shoot. I'd REALLY like to get something going on the Eastern Shore or Delaware... There's gotta be a friendly land owner that has 25 meters with a natural backstop willing to help return us to a Nation of Rifleman..but so far, no one has pointed them in my direction....I need some help here Md Shooters...  BeSwift
Ralph Waldo Emerson

navybowhunter

WOW!

I spend a LOT of time on this forum.  THIS was what I was looking for!

HUZZAH!