News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Eureka KS FHFC April 17-18

Started by The ][rishman, April 19, 2010, 12:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The ][rishman

Eureka, KS  FHFC  April 17-18  2010

Attendance: 22 on Saturday, 14 on Sunday

Number of Riflemen:  One on Saturday.  Three more on Sunday with one of those on the last AQT of the day.

Congratulations to:  Eric, Tom, Donny and Jason.  4bfox should be posting some pictures soon.

We had a great group of shooters everyone had a positive teachable attitude.
Everyone worked hard and did not quit even though we were still shooting at 6:00 in the evening.  I'm not sure whether we were pulling them or they were pushing us.

We did make time for the Liberty Volley and read the name as we fired rounds.  Sunday we were able to fit in a flintlock demonstration by Tom.  Thanks Tom

4bfox and ksuguy performed flawlessly.
4bfox gave the Second Strike and did a fine job of putting in the why's and not just the facts.

The Facilities at FHFC were better than everyone expected.    We did have bathroom access close to the range (men and women's) with HOT SHOWERS!  Sheer Luxury.  I spoke with the director and he informed me of the improvements he was making.  These will include access to the pool.  This place is only going to get better.  http://flinthillsfamilycamp.com

The weather was beautiful.
I want to say thank you to instructors and shooters alike.  You are what make Appleseed the great program that it is.

][  
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

gpbbiker

You know that you are in the Right Place when at the entrance to the Camp sits a CrossBow capable of shooting a hedge fence post a couple of hundred yards!
You guys did a great job! Irishman, you are correct! I am not sure whether was the Instructor Team pushing or the shooters pulling, there was a lot of great instruction and some really great shooting!!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

4bfox

Pics as promised:

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

4bfox

Perhaps The][rishman will correct me if I'm wrong (not unusual), but didn't Eric qualify on the very FIRST AQT shot at the event?

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ksuguy

Yeah he did.  He was a really good shooter going in.

The ][rishman

Roger that.  It was his one and only AQT.  226 I think.

][
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

4bfox

Outstanding.....226 on his FIRST AQT?! Wow....does he have any kin he can bring to the next shoot?

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10