News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman 4-17 shoot info

Started by EEL, April 13, 2010, 07:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EEL

Welcome Illinois and border raiding shooters  ;D  We are all set for the 2nd shoot at Aurora Sportsmen's Club in Waterman, Illinois.  If you need directions, see here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10933.0   Registration is at 0830.  Safety brief is at 0900 sharp.

Questions have come up regarding lodging / camping.  The above link has a link to the campground 5 miles away.  There are a number of hotels within 10-12 miles of the club:

Stone House Park in Waterman  1-815-264-9035   .3 miles
Super 8 in De Kalb                   1-815-748-4688   9.5 miles
Best Western in De Kalb            1-815-758-8661   11 miles
Travel Lodge in De Kalb             1-815-756-3398    11 miles

There are more, these came up closest on the GPS.  Feel free to look around.

Instructors, Aurora Sportsmen's has made lodging available nearby.  If you are signed on to instruct and want to take up the offer, PM me.  I will be out there Friday around 1500 to set up the target line(s).

Any other questions anyone might have, you can either PM me or call.  1-630-292-6452.  Looking forward to a great weekend!  Rumor has it the weather will co-operate  O0

EEL
Shoot Boss
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

EEL

Update for instructors:

1.  Confirmed, Instructors have the "house" for the weekend.
2.  Those that can make it, Instructor's meeting at the "house" 2030 hrs. - ish Friday night.
3.  Pappy is working on steel for full distance shooting
4.  G. Boy is bringing a steel target also.
5.  G. Boy will reveal his surprise gig for Waterman and Bonfield at this meeting.
6.  Bring your centerfires, we (Instructors) WILL be shooting distance after the close of "business".
7.  We are losing George63 to Alton.
8.  We are getting Karl and poss Viper.

Questions?  Tx me.

EEL
Shoot Boss
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Gumballhead

Quote from: EEL on April 14, 2010, 07:58:49 PM
Update for instructors:

1.  Confirmed, Instructors have the "house" for the weekend.
2.  Those that can make it, Instructor's meeting at the "house" 2030 hrs. - ish Friday night.
3.  Pappy is working on steel for full distance shooting
4.  G. Boy is bringing a steel target also.
5.  G. Boy will reveal his surprise gig for Waterman and Bonfield at this meeting.
6.  Bring your centerfires, we (Instructors) WILL be shooting distance after the close of "business".
7.  We are losing George63 to Alton.
8.  We are getting Karl and poss Viper.

Questions?  Tx me.

EEL
Shoot Boss

You guys take care.  Wish I could join ya @ 600y! :D

Definitely next time!

Pappy

Hello Group; There will be Steel plate Gongs set at 1-2-3-4 and a interesting shaped target at 250. They ring well.
I just hope that the folks with the centerfires can shoot well enough to qualify to shoot the steel, There are two that ring like a bell when hit... Could be a steel red coat at true distance... Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Gopher Boy

Mine is an ISPC target with a little something extra.  It has an 8 inch plate for the Hostage shot.

It's a heavy thing and unlike Pappy's it goes..  SPLAT when you hit it.  OK, well maybe it's splat/crack, but it's not PING.

It's going to be a blast.

IL_Patriot

Thanks to all the instructors and their helpers for making our Appleshoot a great time! Although I am still a cook I'll be back again to become a rifleman! All the instructors were a huge help and I have nothing but praise for all of you! Thanks for all the hard work you put into this. Looking forward to seeing you all again at my next Appleseed! Take care Mark O0

racer greg

THANKS to all the great volunteers that made th April 17/18 shoot at waterman the best! My boys and I were not able to attend Sunday, due to issues with my hand (i had surgery Monday, and my diabetes) however we look forward to attending again!

greg 8)

Legion

Hey,
This is Jarod from the Waterman shoot. I am still a cook as well, but one with a fiery conviction... I thought that I was a decent shot before I came to my first appleseed here in Waterman, but soon found out that I was only average. I find it funny that I've been outshooting my friends for years "they claim i'm good" then I come to this event and learn how to double my accuracy in 2 days, unlike my previous 12 years of shooting. I've never had any instructor as good as the ones here at Waterman, you guys are absolutely amazing. You guys have truely sparked a conviction in me that I thought I never had and now I know what I need to do and I will... make rifleman. Not for me, but for my country.

Patriot Gal

Well said, Jarod!!   O0

Welcome aboard! 

Patriot Gal   :~
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

POP

Yeah, Patriot Gal, Joshua did great to get all ten rds off in stages 2&3.  In Corpus we had an old guy, kinda like CM, who shot a bolt marlin with mag and still couldn't get'em all off.  But, then he was an old guy.  ;D

Good work Joshua.   O0  
I particularly like your comments.
"I thought that I was a decent shot before I came to my first appleseed here in Waterman, but soon found out that I was only average. I find it funny that I've been outshooting my friends for years "they claim i'm good" then I come to this event and learn how to double my accuracy in 2 days, unlike my previous 12 years of shooting. I've never had any instructor as good as the ones here at Waterman, you guys are absolutely amazing. You guys have truely sparked a conviction in me that I thought I never had and now I know what I need to do and I will... make rifleman. Not for me, but for my country."
I hear this all the time.  But, the way you said it here is just inspirational.  Thank you.
POP
:~ :~ :~ ^:)^

BTW Joshua, Are you planning to be at Waterman 9/11?
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)