News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Washburn, MO April 17-18, 2010

Started by cmidkiff, April 19, 2010, 11:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmidkiff

What a great experience!

35 shooters arrived, and 35 shooters went home smiling.  Our host, and IIT, Kent and his wife demonstrated wonderful hospitality.  The weather cooperated, staying cool and cloudy, but with little wind, and only a few sprinkles on Saturday.  Most folks didn't even bother with rain gear.

Best of all... we handed out 4 new Rifleman patches!  We also had two more shooters hovering just over 200 points, who just weren't able to get over the last of their hurdles.  I am confident that both shooters will persevere, and hope to hand them both their patches at our next shoot.

Looking around, we had a great mix of experience levels, from very experienced competitive shooters, to youngsters handling a rifle for the first time.  Lots of families came and shared the experience. 

I saw scores rising rapidly all up and down the line.  Everyone gave it their all, and improvement was dramatic.

I got several comments on the  April 19th Volley Redcoat.  Everyone felt it was a fitting tribute in honor of the fallen. 

My heartfelt thanks to those that came... and to Kent, Rebel Yell, and my youngest daughter Kaitlyn, who helped keep things running smoothly.

Greybeard

Gatorgulch

Hey Greybeard,

O0 Thank you and everyone there for a great shoot! :---

I only was able to make it on Saturday :'(, but it was a really great day ^:)^.

I have to admit that I wasn't sure what it was going to be like :-\.  Drving out there(and I mean accross the one lane bridge, OUT there :o) I was a little apprehensive about the shoot, but after meeting you and Kent and all of the great crew, it was worth the drive :).

Hat's off for a great show,

Gator

Kent

I am glad you enjoyed your day "out here" Gator!  O0

The weather was great, all the shooters were even better.

I hope to see you out here for the next 'seed.

Kent

wood

I wanted to chime in and thank greybeard and Rebel Yell for the great instruction and history.  Thanks also to Kaitlyn for helping out in keeping the line safe.  A huge thanks also to Kent and his family for their most gracious hospitality.

I have posted the photos from the weekend on my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44933810@N00/sets/72157623889659428/
(We didn't focus too much on photos of shooters that were not in our little group from Oklahoma since I knew we'd be posting them online.)

We had a great time and are planning to return in July.  Those in our group that missed the RIFLEMAN patch are developing gameplans to improve their skills and return for another chance.  We are all trying to rope in new participants as well.  My take on the RIFLEMAN patch is that it was harder to attain than I thought it would be (which is a good thing).  I've shot a lot of benchrest with centerfire but it's a whole different experience without the bench.  The only other thing I would say is that what the instructors are telling you *will work* to improve your groups and scores even if it seems counter-intuitive.

Thanks again folks and we'll be back in July-

JWood

Many thanks to greybeard, Rebel Yell, Kaitlyn, Kent and his lovely family for an awesome weekend! Although I was sore and am still bruised, I can't say enough good about the program. I went from a top score of 106 on Saturday to 173 on Sunday. These techniques really work.

I'm very proud and happy for my husband, brother-in-law and the other two shooters that attained RIFLEMAN status. I've got a lot of practicing to do between now and the next gathering in July!  :)