News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL 4/10 AAR

Started by IL_Patriot, April 17, 2010, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viper

Had a very long day at work today. Plan to get pics on here tomorrow after work (& out to you P Gal, Ewald, & Pappy). So make sure to check back for more photos!!!

Hammer family: Great to spend time with all of you..... Finn, you are my hero!!!! Mom, give him another hug for me for finding that elusive leatherman's tool!! I needed it a few times on Sunday, so I was very fortunate to have you helping me out! I look forward to seeing all of you at the 9/11 Waterman event (if not sooner).

Will post more tomorrow when putting up pictures.
Viper

dragonfly

Quote from: Pappy on April 19, 2010, 10:34:48 PM
Hello Group; Oh YES, what a great Appleseed!!! Well done to our new Riflemen, Erin, Kyle, David, & John. The seeds of new Instructors. The Seeds of New Beginings! Fresh orange hats, John & Jarod Welcome. we can make a difference. Watch for every chance to Appleseed. To all who are still on the road to Rifleman, and to those who have just been minted. Marksmanship is like a knife, always needing a little dressing up to to ever sharpen your skils.
Future Riflemen, find the time, make the time! Put a dot on the wall lay down with a cleared & safe - empty rifle and DRY FIRE!!!!!!!!! IT works, it worked for me. Spend 60 GOOD shots by the numbers every other day, 20 in each position. This will give you the skills needed to make your score. Good position X Focus on that front sight + NPOA = Rifleman..  Pappy

If I could only find a way to be at every Appleseed.
Great job IL.
See you all on the trail soon.

D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

racer greg

I will relate an Appleseed story to my "Brothers in arms".

Yesterday ( April 19th 2010) my son, and Appleseed participant, Christian proudly wore his Appleseed t-shirt to school. Early in the day his teacher said "a, Christian" paused and read his shirt and then said "never mind". He responded with "what?" and she said she saw the rifle, but then saw it was being held by a soldier from the revolutionary war, and we all know the rules about pictures of guns.
This brought back the memory of a similar incident from 2008.

For those who heard, or not...(Sept 3, 2008)

Christian was sent to the principals office today because he was told by his teacher that the shirt he had on had a picture of a gun on it and that it was not allowed. He wore his shirt inside out the rest of the day.

this is a picture of the shirt in question.
he said "I just want to support Jamie!"

we are thinking of this one for Friday.
district 58 violated my first amendment rights and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.
tomorrow they all are wearing their NRA shirts.

greg

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THESE ISSUES?

greg 8)

Tenacity n Truth

Viper--so excited for more photos to show off Appleseed on facebook! That's the best way for me to get the word out--mass networking.
G.B.--when you bring surprises like the fife and drum, you can have as many surprises as you want! (& I'm looking forward to a surprise of my own at my next AS)
I know Tennessee had an all girl AS last month...what does everyone think about that? I can't decide if I like the idea because of the different atmosphere, or shy away because it excludes people.

~TNT

EEL

Racer Greg, 

It is indeed sad times we live in.  :'(  And that is the exact reason we Appleseed, not just every weekend, but every day.  How far we have slipped as a Nation when a youngster can't even show support for his brother that has been deployed in defense of our Country, our way of life, and to defend those less capable. 

I'm thrilled he wore his Appleseed shirt to school.  I hope he told every kid he came in contact with what a great time he had.  How he was able to prep his mags, load his rifle, hit targets, clear his own rifle, make it safe, be responsible.

Side note:  You bring that flag...we'll proudly fly it  O0

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Patriot Gal

This was the best AS ever!!!!  ^:)^ ^:)^  I had a great time and I know that was due to having such a great group of shooters.  You were awesome!!!  Congrats to our new Riflemen, Erin, Dave, John and Kyle!   O0 O0 O0 O0  Double congrats to Jarod and John for accepting an orange had and to Kyle and John for accepting the Challenge coins.  I anticipate great things from all of you!!! Thanks to the greatest shoot boss, EEL!  I so appreciate your even manner and sense of humor throughout the weekends.  Thanks to my fellow instructors/IITs Pappy, Karl, Viper, Gopher Boy, Dana and Castle Mountain.  ;)  Special thanks to Mrs. Pappy for always being ready and willing to pitch in and help!   O0 O0

I so look forward to the next AS~

Here are some of the many pics I took.  
Love y'all!!!!

Patriot Gal  

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Viper

Here's some pics from Saturday & Sunday.

Patriot Gal

Great pics, Viper!  Here's some more of mine.  I couldn't put them all in one post.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Viper

Congrats to our new Riflemen:  Erin, David, John & Kyle.   Riflemen Relatives: Patriot Gal, Kyle, Erin, & Castle Mountain

Congrats to our new Orange Hats: Jarold & John

Viper

More pics... sending in groups so will transmit via wi-fi.

Viper

more pics

Viper

some more

Viper

and more

Karl

A message for those of you that were not at the Waterman AS and veiwing all of the glorious pictures:

Although the evidence may point otherwise;Patriot Gal & Viper did find time to do some instructing. **) **) **) **) **) **)

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Viper

100 yard shooting: targets BEFORE (and what it looks like from the 100 yard line)

Viper

100 yard shooters

Viper

100 yard targets... AFTER

Tenacity n Truth

Viper...I know it was far from the most important thing that happened over the weekend, but I remember you took a pic of me being attacked by my lovely brother after his congratulatory soaking--could I snag it from you? (the forum and facebook are missing out  >:D)  Thank you!
~TNT

Ashes

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. :)
But of course ALL Appleseeds are fun. ;)
Awesome pictures.  ^:)^

mountainman2222

O0 Thanks to all the Appleseed Volunteers O0

The Waterman Appleseed shoot, April 17 & 18, 2010, was my first.  I'll be back!  I could not have been more impressed with the event.  Great history, great instruction, great people.  What more could anyone ask for.  I will plant as many seeds as I can.  I hope to make rifleman some day so to that end I have already signed up for two more shoots.  I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend as much as I did.  The Culpepper Minuteman Flag we won (team two) is already out on my flag pole.  I love it.
  Thanks to John for the 597 mag.
  Thanks to the Appleseed folks for making the shoot so great.  I really appreciate all your individual efforts to improve my skills as a rifleman to be.
  Gopher Boy, I will have some .22 ammo for you the next time I see you.  Thanks for the loan.
Sincerely,
Marty (remington 597)
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  --Bejamin Franklin