News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spooner, WI April 17-18, 2010 Where the bald eagle flew!

Started by Old Glory!, April 18, 2010, 11:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

This is Erik of TECH SIGHTS, yes....THE Tech Sights

Posterity

CONGRATULATIONS RIFLEMEN!  
EIGHT OF THEM :---

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

Now this is what an Appleseed volunteer looks like!  You can be a volunteer too!  Thanks for your help Joanne :)

Aaron picks up the challenge coin and the Orange Hat.  Thanks for stepping up Aaron.

Martin!  

Lydia Mulliken, Dr. Samuel Prescott and Nathaniel Mulliken
Part of the "Wedding Portrait That Never Was"

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

AFTERMATH

Well, would you look at that.  Eric is even using his Tech Sights!
Now that's cool. 8)
I'm sure I'll have more to say later....
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Old Glory!

I did not get a picture, but just before the 3:00 p.m. Volley for Liberty we all looked up in the sky as someone pointed out a bald eagle circling overhead nearby.  

Deacon and J brought new target stands.  Due to high winds Sat am., we had to "reef the sails" at noon removing the top half of the backer.  All was well.

Deacon, Old Glory!, Martin

Shoot Boss prepares for Third Strike.  

The Most Reverend Emerson in "The Wedding Portrait That Never Was", or "The True Cost of the Revolutionary War"

crash

I have got to say thanks to Old Glory!  Your a great story teller, a wonderful and cheerful teacher!! I can"t wait to catch up with you on the trail!  By the way Martin, Deacon, and OG run a wonderful and fun shoot!! It was a blast!   Even though we had hurricane winds the first day a bunch made rifleman (including me  ^:)^) Thanks to their instruction!!
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Taylor

Thank you Martin, Old Glory and Deacon for your dedication and fine instruction.

I'm headed to the back forty to shoot some squares and AQTs today.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Mogget

As I look at these pictures I am again struck by how wonderful it is to be an American.  It looks like you folks had a great weekend! 

Just one question before I leave off:  Has Deacon's hair grown back?

Mogs

colycat

Holy cats ^:)^ Eight rifleman out of 20 shooters!!!!!! You guys ROCK :bow:
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Congrats to all the new Rifleman. Now you all know what to do, pass it on O0.

Deacon, where in Gods grace did you get the chair? I like it, I got to have one. Do they come in RED? ^:)^

Good job Guy's. ..:..

D-fly Keeping the Faith.
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

crash

I believe Deacon said he thinks all red hats should have one with their name embroidered!     
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Stretch

Thanks RWVA for a great weekend.  Thanks to Deacon, Old Glory, and Martin for the hard work and great instruction.  I've done some shooting before, but they taught me some true rifleman skills.  I even earned my Rifleman patch!  keep up the good work.

Thanks to The Guy for the "tv on the couch target" he was right on when he made that! 

Thanks again
Erik N.

Old Glory!

Crash, Stretch, Taylor,
Welcome to the forum!  

Crash, hopefully you'll be telling some of the great stories of the American Revolution in the near future as well, O0 with that new Orange Hat.

Stretch, It was a lot of fun watching you shoot.  Now you know, first hand, what happens at an Appleseed.  Thanks for the sneak peak into the new Tech sights.  Maybe you could update us on the newest developments at Tech Sights.  QUICKLY!  Before your twins arrive in June.    :)   

Taylor, how did those squares go?  Fire by the numbers (six steps).   Can you give me a hint on your real name?    ;)

Glad you made it to the After Action Report.  

And the rest of the folks, chime in here with your stories from the weekend.  

D-fly, didn't you know, when you are SHOOT BOSS you get to pick the best chair on the range and use it.  Gosh, he even threatened to put it up on top of the table and call the line from up there.    ;D

Deacon

First of all, thanks to the Indianhead Rifle and Pistol Club of Spooner for opening up their club so a great group of Americans could get together and spend a weekend learning marksmanship and more importantly, their heritage!

We had 20 dedicated shooters on the line on Saturday, and when I mean dedicated, they persevered through the constant heavy winds and the gusts that even picked up shooting mats and rifles!  Sunday we had 14 shooters return and a club member who made 15 on line for a short time.

A big Thank you!! to Old Glory! and Martin for working so hard and contributing so much to the success of the weekend.  Martin's wife Joann helped out all weekend, including bringing homemade chocolate chip cookies :P  and always being there when something was needed.

We had 8 new Rifleman;   ^:)^ Jay S., Erik N., Aaron (new IIT), Mitch, Erik V., Jayson, Tom M., including Dave N. who shot it with a Ruger bolt action rifle!  

Erik N. from Tech-Sights shot a 239!! :bow: with a Ruger 10/22 fitted with a new set of Tech-Sights...way to go Erik!! www.tech-sights.com 

We had 3 others who were shooting consistently over 200.  Dry-fire, Dry-fire, Dry-fire.  See you next time!

As Old Glory! said, we had a Bald Eagle circling nearby when we did the Liberty Volley.  What an awesome sight!  

I was honored to hand out 6 of the youth patches to our great younger shooters.  They worked really hard and ALL made great progress on the way to Rifleman.  Great job you guys!

Did I mention that Old Glory! got her REDHAT?  Yes,  OG did a great job with all the history she did.  She really made an impact on the shooters including a tear jerking story about the "Wedding Picture that never was".  Great Job OG!  It was an HONOR to work with you in Spooner.  You really made the weekend great!

Congrats Old Glory!
Welcome aboard Aaron, or should I call you Crash?  Thanks for stepping up and putting on the orange hat.  I look forward to working with you!

A special Thanks to Midwest Industries, www.midwestindustriesinc.com and Vortex Optics, www.vortexoptics.com for donating t-shirts and hats.  All the shooters really liked the door prizes and drawings!

Great job shooters!!!

Deacon

crash

OG Congrats on the red hat!!!!!!!!!  :D O0   I can't wait to get started on my way!  But I have some big shoes to fill!  Stretch you are a great shot and Thanks for letting me try out the new tech sights they were awesome!!! and get your AR out and shoot it more, its lonely! 
      We all had a blast, OG and martin did a fantastic job!  And deacon runs a great line, fun, friendly, and with a laid back easy to learn pace.    The runaway Lab was a nice touch, I think Deacon planned that just to see if we all understood what CEASE FIRE means.  All the shooters did a great job when the dog showed up the first time....and a great job the second time.......and a good job the third time.   
― John Adams

ahhshoot

Congratulations on the Riflemen!! And The Orange hat! O0

The past is only the future with the lights on.

Taylor

Taylor AKA Mike Palucci. Dad was a Palucci, Mom is a Taylor, I popped out of the Taylor end of the gene pool.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

snaggdit

Wanted to repost this on the AAR.  Had a great time this weekend and met some great folks.  The kids had fun, too.  Poor Cody (my daughter's boyfriend), 2 208's :-[  He is going to make it next time for sure.  Special thanks to Martin for letting Desi use your 10-22 all weekend.  She shot a lot of 150s.  Last night we discovered she has Vertigo, so maybe that affected her shooting some.  With some work I'm sure she will make riflewoman soon. I finally made it to Rifleman using my new AR after Shiocton (Colycat) and Lodi (Guy).  Thanks to Old Glory, Martin and of course Deacon! You guys were great.  We gotta get more shooters to bring their kids!  I brought 3 this time.  I had the most fun with the SKS on day 2.  No pressure anymore, so enjoyed rocking to a shooters cadence.  Consistently shot in the 170s with it :P  When Crash gets set with you guys, you will see more of me.  He's the BIL and my range and reloading partner.  My job doesn't lend itself to planning well, but if I'm available I can always volunteer to be an assistant.  Lets all spread what we learned!
"Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots." - John Adams

snaggdit

I have to add my 2 cents on the dog.  I was really impressed that we didn't have any late fires after the multiple cease fires were called.  Great job, everyone.  As for the dog owner, if you have an animal trained to look for ducks after a shot, don't bring him to a live fire range and let him run free!  Three times?  Come on, do you want a dead dog?  Just my opinion... Eric
"Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots." - John Adams

LayloPro

I was gonna add....that red hat on OG's head "looks" kinda shiny...... @)

Congrats, Lady!! What a stellar accomplishment after this short amount of time.........

Good grief, it was only 2 short yrs ago that Coly & Dad were out in Piru, experiencing all the great instruction then......and we -know- how the rest of it went on from there!! :cool2: O0 ;)

We need to get you guys back out here again......a few things have changed, but they are just getting better......bring the kids, we'll leave the light on for ya..... ^-^ ^:)^ ..:..

LLP

BTW, -great- RM >> Attendee ratio....you guys were -seriously- rockin' out there!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

dragonfly

A SUPER STUPENDOUS  CONGRATULATIONS to OG on the RI . Its been a long time coming and well deserved  :bow: O0 ;)

Now get back to work ~~:)

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

AFTERMATH

Eight Riflemen.
One new Orange Hat!  Way to go Crash!
And Old Glory gets her Red Hat!  It was only a matter of time!  Congratulations!!!
Eagles, portable SB thrones.  Sounds like an exceptional WI Appleseed!
When's the next one there?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

martin

What a thrill to be on the firing line with so many great people! When the eagle was spotted right before the volley fire , Deacon mentioned something about the spirit of Isaac Davis. Well, if he was there, I'm sure he would have been nodding his head in approval.
Congratulations to all the Rifleman!
Congratulations also to Old Glory on getting the Red Hat, and thank you to you and Deacon for your advise and guidance on my 1st outing as an IIT. 
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

JoeZ

Great to see the Red Hat OG!

8 riflemen from 20 shooters????? SB doesn't mean shoot boss for Deacon it's super boss. :--- :--- :---
Great job to all involved here.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

huck

thanks to all three instructors deacon, og! and martin. i read all the previous posts before mine and would like just like to keep it short and say i concur with all of the comments and feelings. i don't have another means of comm with og! so i'll say thank you from my neighbor kids for the basketball hoop. we'll install it this weekend.  i'm not surprised at all that i have been telling all of my like-minded friends about the appleseed program and hope to get some of them involved soon.

West

Congrats to everyone for a terrific, safe weekend.  Deacon let me in on a little secret, about a dog sprinting across the line.  ;)

Deacon, I know you are good at what you do, and I'm glad to see Martin and Old Glory were out and about too.  Looking forward to working with you all this year.

Your record was great too!  8/14(?) for new Riflemen!  Awesome!

See you on the trail.

West  :))