News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WI great Appleseeds on the Great Lakes, Hubertus April 17 -18, 2010

Started by JoeZ, April 18, 2010, 09:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

First off, thanks to the instructors for the help. Thanks to the club for the range. Thanks to the shooters who ultimately make all Appleseeds a success. We learned together, ate together, worked together, and even had a little play time together (balloon toss).

Our success can be measured. 22 shooters made improvements from the first red coat to the last, 4 shot rifleman score (one with a bolt gun), 5 shooters hit 190's, 1 rifleman reaffirmed his skill, 2 asked for the orange hat, 1 will help out in other Appleseed matters O0

Don't forget about Team Concord who went 2 and 0 in the competitions for prizes. Go team Concord! :--- (Are we going to stand here while they burn our homes?) Who would have thought shooting out a TV would be in a marksmanship class and not out behind Bubba's shed. :)

To any shooters who may be thinking twice about the CMP Garands it's not too late for me to fill out a certificate for you, just PM me for it.

Our known distance shoot was only 200 yds but still worthwhile so thanks to jrturbo because without the second Red Hat we couldn't have done it.

Like I said at the shoot, all you shooters don't be strangers now. You will be hard pressed to find better quality people than those you met here.

Honestly, this was my honor to run this shoot for all involved and for that I thank the Lord God.
See you on the trail,
JoeZ

PS  pics will follow so keep checking in.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Old Glory!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!  Congratulations all.   ^:)^
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Muskyjerk

A WEEKEND AT BOONE

Build it and they will come

our Turkey came back for day two

Shooterer

Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

EEL

Obviously JoeZ didn't work him hard enough!!  **)   **)

Good pics Musky  O0  Looks like you guys had a good shoot.....is there any other kind #)   ;D

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Shooterer

Shooterer

Shooterer

Shooterer

dragonfly

Great shoot Guy's. O0

Can't wait to get to Boone again soon, nice range O0

See you all on the trail soon,

D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Muskyjerk

jrturbo

I believe that.   The threads may be worn on either the dog or the pinion.  It happens when you get old..... your screws get loose!  Don't locktite it.  Either go with Joe's suggestion to put a little teflon tape or replace the parts. 
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

Smokey Joe

ONE MORE NEW RIFLEMAN!!
Congrats!  :)

JoeZ

Hey Smokey Joe great to see you!

Also, I just love the picture of our shooter with the lever 308 smashing away at the 200.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Reckless Rick

I would like to say thanks for all of the great instruction and encouragement that I've had or the last 3 appleseeds.The initial invite from ashoot,e-mail encouragement from old glory,all the instructors along the way (yes i have ordered my own shooting mat) and jrturbo and muskyjerk helping me reach-out with confidence and tweak my form even more.A special thanks to my wife who couldn't listen to me shoot all the time without shooting abit herself and my 4 and 5 year old that would run the stopwatch for me.I'm all about making our world and country a better place and plan to help out with the appleseed program however i can...you made a believer outta me.(this is Rick the guy with the red bandana and electric tape on his gun)
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

jrturbo

Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

JoeZ

Great pics everyone.

Welcome aboard reckless rick.

If anyone wants to shoot at 200 I live 10 minutes from the Boone and go there quit a bit. Team Acton, I should think you would want to sharpen up a bit after Saturday's showing :-[

Old Glory!

Quote from: reckless on April 22, 2010, 10:06:03 PM
A special thanks to my wife who couldn't listen to me shoot all the time without shooting abit herself and my 4 and 5 year old that would run the stopwatch for me.I'm all about making our world and country a better place and plan to help out with the appleseed program however i can...you made a believer outta me.(this is Rick the guy with the red bandana and electric tape on his gun)

Rick, figures you would have electrical tape on your rifle.    :D ;D

It's time your wife gets in on the fun. 

See you on the trail.......... ..:..       
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

colycat

I would like to thank all the instructors and especially JoeZ for making this a memorable event for all.  Way to go Guys.  WE at Appleseed have come a long way in 1 year.

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine