News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Circle Up Hoosiers! Check in because VM Night III is here! (Official IN Thread)

Started by techres, April 13, 2010, 08:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

Circle Up Hoosiers!

Virtual Muster Night III is here!  Tonight is the night to take stock, do some final prep checks and look forward to a really amazing weekend.

5 Shoots are going to be the Hoosier addition to Patriots weekend:

Cloverdale (DaveD Shoot Boss)
Evansville (Sur+Rifle Shoot Boss)
Ft. Wayne (Bill 3 Shoot Boss)
Nashville (Techres Shoot Boss)
Wabash (YellowHouseJake Shoot Boss)

These shoots are all going to be really amazing.  Cloverdale went and sold out but there is still some room at the other shoots.  As you check in, be sure to let us know which shoot you will be at and what friends/family you are bringing along.

Me?  I will be at Nashville.  I am bringing two friends who are new farmers that want to learn solid fundamental shooting in part so that they can reach out and deal with coyotes that are intent on their livestock.

Where will you be?  Who are you bringing?

Chime in!

Also be sure to listen to the Radio Show...
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

techres

Quote from: hawkhavn on April 13, 2010, 08:47:47 PM
I'm here!

HH

And where will you be? (I will not even try to spell it!)
Who are you bringing? (Hint - TSA workers could use some serious Appleseed these days!)

Lars

CQ CQ CQ CQ DE W9ZEB W9ZEB W9ZEB PSE K

Bill 3

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

EEL

EEL checking in from your neighbors to the west.  Ready for an outstanding weekend!!

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

J Jessup

Present and well, here!

I'll be at Ft. Wayne for what I believe is our first event there.  Working to stir some interest in my area, but we have another event scheduled here in June.

Jess
17Chap

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

J Jessup

Is there anyplace else I'm supposed to be?  I've got the radio on!

Jess

techres

Bill of Rights

Here! Better late than never!

I'll be at Cloverdale, and I had at least some part in convincing at least two INGO mods to go shoot; alas, they will be at Nashville, rather than with us at the sold-out shoot. :D

Blessings,
Bill
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams

J Jessup

Hooters Billy

"There is no greater evil then willful ignorance," ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Advice on life from Fred himself to me on 6-21-09:
"If you hope to be a good looking corps, you better hurry up and die soon!"

CQ CQ CQ de KC9MTP

techres

Quote from: Bill of Rights on April 13, 2010, 10:40:28 PM
Here! Better late than never!

I'll be at Cloverdale, and I had at least some part in convincing at least two INGO mods to go shoot; alas, they will be at Nashville, rather than with us at the sold-out shoot. :D

Blessings,
Bill

Ah!  My plan to suck up the ringers....

ATM

I'm later than BoR but still here.  :)
I hate that I can't join you on the line this weekend :( but I just couldn't free up either day.
I will be at the Riley shoot the following weekend and have a few folks strongly considering attending.

Just a bit more gentle persuasion... &)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

J Jessup

Lars

Hey Techres, Let's see if we can make a Rifleman out of each and every Shooter at Nashville!  :)
CQ CQ CQ CQ DE W9ZEB W9ZEB W9ZEB PSE K

Bill of Rights

This is only slightly related to what we're doing, but I thought you might all get a smile(y) out of this:

ALL READY ON THE FIRING LINE....... FIRE!

:---  :---  :---  :---  :---  :---  :---  :---  :---  :---  :---  :---

The SB, RH, and IIT smilies were modified by me from the "drillsergeant" smiley.

(and yes, the line is intentionally being called by an IIT; the RHI is serving as RSO, with the SB standing back, observing everything.)
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams

J Jessup

Well, I like it but it looks like the line is shooting at the IIT.  Ouch!   **)   ^:)^

Quote from: Bill of Rights on April 15, 2010, 09:14:05 PM
This is only slightly related to what we're doing, but I thought you might all get a smile(y) out of this:

The SB, RH, and IIT smilies were modified by me from the "drillsergeant" smiley.

(and yes, the line is intentionally being called by an IIT; the RHI is serving as RSO, with the SB standing back, observing everything.)

Bill of Rights

Of course not... It's just that the single line of text can't show the IIT standing behind the line. We're viewing it from the perspective of the photographer, who has a remote camera in front and to the outside of the line, opposite side of the RHI.

The IIT just happens to be double-checking that all the muzzles are juuuuuuuuuust over the firing line. <nod>

Quote from: J Jessup on April 15, 2010, 09:42:50 PM
Well, I like it but it looks like the line is shooting at the IIT.  Ouch!   **)   ^:)^

Quote from: Bill of Rights on April 15, 2010, 09:14:05 PM