News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

What a GLORIOUS day to be an AMERICAN Lodi April17 and 18 2010

Started by dragonfly, April 17, 2010, 07:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

What a GLORIOUS day! lets get this started.

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

bob 210

Can you believe we get to do this! God Bless you all and be safe!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Gumballhead

Just back from dinner - here's some shots from today.  Just have to clean the sand outta ma hair  :P

We've got some shot of our very own flintlock demo.  One of our shooters hit steel @ 25y, using a .50 cal flintlock!!

GREAT shoot so far with some great shooters!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!   :--- :---

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

WOW what GREAT weekend at Lodi :~. Thanks to everyone for making this a safe and fun shoot. ..:..

39 shooters on Sat. and 29 returned on Sunday.

Congratulations 5 new Riflemen: Dave, Cheeser, Mark, Wyatt and Aaron and all those knocking on the door, persistence, you have the tools to become Rifleman. Dryfire, dryfire, dryfire.

Thank you Tom Steele for a great muzzle loader demo and stepping up and taking the orange hat.

D-fly Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

Gumballhead

Hi,

Here are some more pics from today!

Congratulations to our FIVE new riflemen & Orange hat!!  ..:.. ..:..

Just wanted to get these pics up asap

Old Glory!

Lodi was in good hands in 2010. O0   I think this was the most students ever at Lodi. :o  Sounds like you had the same windy conditions as Spooner, and some Appleseeds in Illinois.   April in WI; could have been MUCH worse. 

Thanks for posting the pictures.   Love to see the smoke of the musket.  Makes me imagine what it might have been like on April 19, 1775. 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

dragonfly

O0

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

And more  O0

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

And more O0

K.I.S.S.

Antibubba

A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

dragonfly

Quote from: Antibubba on April 19, 2010, 04:17:33 PM
Ooooh, genuine smokepoles!!!!    8)

Great turnout!

Yes! and a vary special thanks to are smoke pole demo from Tom and he even let anyone who wanted to, try it O0 :bow: ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

colycat

OK, D Fly,  with the most views of any AAR O0you just have to stop posting and keeping Lodi at the top of the page &)

Great work this past weekend,  its just too bad I coud'nt be at all the WI shoots.  Heck, I was'nt ever at one %)

Everyone check out the Elk River shoot in MN :))
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

EEL

Glorious day!  

Yep, I agree. 

D-Fly, great shoot.  Looks like you guys did good......again!   :bow:

Saw some folks I know in some of those pics.  Wish I coulda been there.  Bet that demo was a sight to behold  O0

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

dragonfly

Quote from: colycat on April 19, 2010, 07:35:27 PM
OK, D Fly,  with the most views of any AAR O0you just have to stop posting and keeping Lodi at the top of the page &)

Great work this past weekend,  its just too bad I coud'nt be at all the WI shoots.  Heck, I was'nt ever at one %)

Everyone check out the Elk River shoot in MN :))
^:)^
D-fly  @)

K.I.S.S.

Trisha

This was a wonderful weekend! D-Fly you did a wonderful job as SB, sorry if I stepped on your toes a little bit...you know how us Bries' are. lol  ;D
Robb it is always a pleasure working with you, and I hope we will get to work together again soon.
Gumby and DOM thank you very much for making the drive up here, you both did a great job. Keep it up and soon you'll be ready to take on the Red Hat!

What can I say about the shooters...well there was not one person that weekend that complained! You all stuck through it, and seemed to really want to hear all the instruction and history. If you had questions you made sure to ask them, and we always you all to feel comfortable enough to ask. This is an AS I know I will never forget.

Robb brought about 12 people, and they were all really seemed to work well together, especially since they wanted to stay snug together on the firing line.

We had a family, where Theron, the dad shoot and help his four children out, Mason, Levi, Cassidy and Jared, they shot the whole weekend and we saw a lot of improvement among them alone. Plus you can't forget their mother, Lisa who sat and watched and really enjoyed just being there. I know next time she will be on the line with the rest of her family!

Kilogulf came with his daughter, Gina, both really willing to listen and learn. I am glad we finally were able to meet.

Linda, you sure did persevere through all the elements, and no matter what she continued to have a smile on her face...maybe next time the rest of your family will be able to come. 

Barry brought his daughter Savannah along, he shot the Garand (still long the *ping*) and she a SKS. That rifle was a bit heavy for her, but she never quit and you could see the determination in her eyes.

I could probably go on for days, and you all are probably sick of reading my long post... :D

Lastly, I would like to say, welcome Riflemen! Wyatt, Dave, Cheeser, Aaron and Mark, I do hope to see you all again, and maybe I will soon be seeing you all with an Orange hat stapled to your head!!!
And of course you can't forget Tom! Welcome Tom. I have been waiting to see you take on that Orange Hat since last summer, and I know you will do great things with it. I can't wait to see you on the trail!

dragonfly

Thanks again to Everyone who came out and helped us celebrate the most important day in American history.
April, 19th 1775, Lest not we forget.
Take good care of the children.

D-fly Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

kilogulf59

This was our (lilkilogulf {Gina} and my) first Appleseed event....not our last I assure you all.

Just in case anyone is reading this that has not attended an event let me state clearly...attend an Appleseed event, you will not be sorry, and you will learn a lot about safety, proper rifle marksmanship, and our nation's founding fathers and mothers.

My daughter and I would like to personally say a big thank you to the following people:

Dragonfly - Shoot Boss
Robbvious - Instructor
Trisha - Instructor

Gumballhead - Instructor Trainee
Dangerous Old Man (D.O.M.) - Instructor Trainee

We also want to thank Tom S. for the wonderful musketry lesson, I enjoyed the teachings Tom S. and the ability to shoot a flintlock for the first time. Lilkilogulf is kicking herself for NOT taking you up on the offer to shoot it. I believe congratulations to Tom S. are in order as well, he earned his Orange Hat on Sunday...well done sir, IMO you'll be a great Red Hat very soon.

(Between us, I don't know how Tom shot "Rifleman" using those old flintlock smoothbores...he must be darned good!)

To the AS Shoot Team, you folks are nothing but professional, kind, helpful, and damn safe instructors and superior line officers...Gina mentioned to me that "you are in knowledgeable and safe hands with the Appleseed staff on the job", I concur.

A touching moment for us occurred when we were honored to be allowed to participate in an emotional 13-round ceremonial volley at 1500 hours to honor the colonists (Americans) killed at Lexington and Concord. This was done simultaneously at every AS event throughout the nation.

Remember the men and women who stood up to government tyranny and brutality and refused to have their children grow up as oppressed, unrepresented, exploited, slaves...they sacrificed much, in many cases all, for us to be free...

God Bless them all...lest we forget, and God Bless Appleseed and the people who make it great!

PS
We're working on bringing a few extra people to New Lisbon.

Robbvious

It was certainly an honor for me to have 10 of my co-workers (all of whom are Iraq war veterans, BTW) and 2 of their family members join us this weekend at Lodi.  Our shooters persisted through trying conditions, and I think I speak for all of the instructors when I say that we are very proud of our 5 new Riflemen, as well as the others whom I know will persist and reach that goal soon.

Keep the Faith

See you on the Trail!
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

AFTERMATH

Looks like you did a great Job guys! O0
Even Trisha.   ::)
But that's not a surprise; I'll see you on the Trail!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

lilkilogulf

I too would like to say thank you to all the instructors this weekend.  I learned more than I thought I would and will keep on practicing.  Hopefully we'll see some improvement in May.  I must also comment on the safety- OUTSTANDING! 

Congrats to all the new riflemen and big congrats to Tom for making instructor trainee.

kilogulf59

Hiya Gina...glad ya made it here.

Folks, just to show you how motivating the instructors were, when we got home Sunday evening (an hour drive), we were beat and grimy. I told Gina she had the shower first, I'll look after the rifles. She said "no Dad, I'm going out back and work on prone and finding my NPOA". She was out there over an hour and shot a hundred rounds or so....she found her NPOA!

Also, upon the advice of the great AS staff, she took her rifle home to run dry practice on wall outlets....

That's motivation...and we all know what a properly motivated rifleman is capable of  O0

dragonfly

Quote from: kilogulf59 on April 21, 2010, 11:09:45 AM
Hiya Gina...glad ya made it here.

Folks, just to show you how motivating the instructors were, when we got home Sunday evening (an hour drive), we were beat and grimy. I told Gina she had the shower first, I'll look after the rifles. She said "no Dad, I'm going out back and work on prone and finding my NPOA". She was out there over an hour and shot a hundred rounds or so....she found her NPOA!

Also, upon the advice of the great AS staff, she took her rifle home to run dry practice on wall outlets....

That's motivation...and we all know what a properly motivated rifleman is capable of  O0
Welcome to the forum lilkillogulf.  Can't wait till New Lisbon. You Guy's ROCK.

D-fly Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Hey all you Appleseeder's out there here are some events coming to Wisconsin;

Chaseburg WI May 1st. and 2nd. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11955.0

New Lisbon WI May 15 and 16  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11472.0

Racine WI  May 29 and 30  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11385.0

Hope to see you on the trail soon ..:.. :~

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Johnnyappleseed

Nice shoot D-fly ! O0 O0 O0
Pic's are good , have an idea what it looked like .
Wow Trish --what a detaled post . wish I had those skills :(
Take care My Friend,
JA

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

West

Wow, Lodi WI.  I used to live not too far away!

And, I'm looking forward to New Lisbon in May.  So, if the trend continues, WI is the place to be.

Congrats D-Fly!  And to the rest of the instructors.  Can't wait to meet you all!

West  :))

Old Glory!

D-fly!
You have WOMEN that attended who know very much what they are about. O0  Here is an e-mail that came in to RWVAinfo

Hi,
My sister and I both have AQT targets that qualify for rifleman (scores being 222 and 228).
Olivia

I directed her to the AAR, and hopefully she will arrive here soon.  :)

OG

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine