News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to the Official Virtual Muster Night III Thread for Maine!

Started by Dingus, April 13, 2010, 05:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingus

Welcome to the Official Virtual Muster Night III Thread for Maine! 

While you're here, take a look around, read others' posts and chat with Maine's finest. 

There is only one Maine Appleseed scheduled for April 17-18, 2010.  I, Dingus, will be one of up to five IITs present to assist shooters in becoming Riflemen.  SeanO is the Shoot Boss (SB) for this event. 

If you aren't already, log in and post your presence here. Include your username, whether you will be attending the Columbia, Maine Appleseed Shoot, whether you are attending as a shooter or instructor, and any questions you may have about this event. 

Information on the April 17-18 Columbia, Maine Appleseed is here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11330.0

Sign up for the Columbia, Maine Appleseed here (we may be full already, but there will be more Appleseeds in Maine this year): http://www.eventbrite.com/event/541559820 

If you are not attending this Columbia, Maine Appleseed, please indicate if you would like to attend an Appleseed in Maine and where you are located. 

Finally, you can listen to, or even better participate in, tonight's Virtual Muster Night III broadcast of the Rifleman Radio Show here: www.blogtalkradio.com/AppleseedRadio.  Previously aired shows are also available to listen to or download at the link.

Thank you for taking the time to check in to show your interest in Appleseed in Maine.  We expect much growth of the Appleseed program in Maine this year, so come to an Appleseed and become a part of history!
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are, right now." - Dingus

The Old Guide

We'll be rolling in to Columbia on Friday afternoon. I'll be a shooter and wifey will be a new shoot admin type. SeanO even has a hat reserved for her. I'm looking forward to becoming an IIT. We'll be attending other AS shoots in Maine this year.

I'm bringing my photo of the gravestone of;

Benjamin Bowers
Pvt 7th Mass Reg
Rev War

I found his grave in the woods along with his wife, Sabrina Wright Bowers. He died in 1834 and she died a year later. When I found those graves I was blown away.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

The Old Guide

My wife who will be with me at Columbia, ME, is descended from James Thurber who responded on "the first alarum" on April 19, 1775. From the original documents:

"James Thurber listed in the history of Rehoboth, MA with the Minutemen of the Revolutionary War under Capt. Lyons and Capt. Perrin, pg 120-124 Apr. 19, 1775. He was child of Samuel Thurber and Rachel Wheeler.

More on James Thurber, Rehoboth MA, under Capt. Lyons and Capt. Jesse Perrin of Apr. 19. 1775 service 7 days which was march on 1st alarm. After, under Capt. Sylvanus Martin Co. And Col. Thomas carpenter's Regiment. Company marched from Rehoboth, MA to time of Burning of Bristol, RI alarm of Dec 8, 1776. "
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

Dingus

Greetings Old Guide and MarkD,

Glad you could muster virtually this evening and even more pleased we'll be together this weekend in Columbia.  Looks as if the event is fully enrolled from the sign-up page.  :)

Old Guide it is gratifying to see your awareness of your family's direct genetic connections to our Heritage.  I look forward to meeting you; your wife's administrative assistance is greatly appreciated.  SeanO has spoken highly of you.

MarkD it will be good to see you too!  - first time since the IBC in Mass. last year.  What a learning experience that was.

Dingus  ;)

SeanO

Dingus!

Thanks for setting this up.  Great job.  My generation is always amazed when we see something like this and realize that no trees were sacrificed in its creation.

Scout has pointed out that Appleseed sponsored 50 events during the first year (2006), and that just four years later there will be over 100 on the Patriots Day weekend alone.  A-mazing....

Roger, I heard last week's show in which an Appleseed promo person asked for photos.  I'm tickled to bits that your talented wife is coming.  She'll have plenty to do.  And will be much appreciated.

Mark, I'm really glad that you're into the Heritage.  Most IIT's seem to leave that till last.  I'll talk with you later about it.

If you can't find a way, make one.

Dingus

SeanO!

It is great to see Appleseed in Maine germinate into a vital sapling in Maine. 

It is my pleasure and privilege to be of service to Appleseed here in the Pine Tree State!

The Old Guide

Hey, there was a pause on the radio and I got on for a few minutes.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

Dingus

The Old Guide

I don't see another Appleseed scheduled in Maine this year. Anybody know of one? We'll be going to a couple more somewhere, but prefer Maine.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

SeanO

Yo, Old Timer,

We don't have any shoots scheduled right now, but we'll be working on that at the Biddeford gun show the weekend after Patriots Day.  If you're not doing anything, come on down and help out!

And if you've got any connections with gun club officers, then let's get on them, too.  

And....we could take you up on your offer to host a shoot in Lincoln.  We could bring an Appleseed to you.  All you'd have to do is roll out the door!

Best,  Sean O'

The Old Guide

It would likely be September or October. I have some prep work to do. I'll check with the wife on Biddeford. That's a haul for us.

Hey, the weather looks much better for this weekend. The rain may hold off until Sunday afternoon. Sunday night would be just right.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

SeanO

There's something worse than getting rained on at an Appleseed, and that's getting rained on at an Appleseed in a cow field.

A couple of years ago, we had a shoot at a dairy farm in Vermont.  The rain wasn't so bad, but it activated the cow pies.  Believe it or don't - everyone was so into the shoot that no one complained about either the rain or the stink.  Hardy Vermonters....

Lady Friend is a pilot.  She keeps me up on IFR conditions.

At last year's Columbia Appleseed, the rain held off until late Sunday afternoon.  I'll cheerfully have another order of the same.