News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virginia Appleseeds

Started by VAshooter, April 09, 2010, 10:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAshooter

I talked to KC Young the other day and he says that Black Creek schedule is full and he won't be able to give us another weekend for an Appleseed this fall. Of course, I am disappointed but we will just look for another location to hold an Appleseed. Fall is a great time of year in Virginia and a great time to get out and shoot. Any ideas?

VAshooter

Cheeks

What about the Isaak Walton League in Winchester? I've not been there, but there is a range of some sort.

http://www.user.shentel.net/winiwla/

smwwoody

If we have to we can do another one at Buckingham

Woody
Fixing some of the holes in your bucket first can make bailing easier

Our children should be taught how to think, not what to think....

KJ4WXC

VAshooter

Woody,

How about a three day with instructors shooting full distance on Friday and teaching an Appleseed on the weekend?

VAshooter

VAshooter

Cheeks,

We need to check out that range. It would be great to have an Appleseed up near Winchester. Their website seems to indicate that they shoot black powder out to 100 yards. That should work for a 25 meter Appleseed.

VAshooter

ItsanSKS

Quote from: VAshooter on April 09, 2010, 10:34:45 AM
I talked to KC Young the other day and he says that Black Creek schedule is full and he won't be able to give us another weekend for an Appleseed this fall. Of course, I am disappointed but we will just look for another location to hold an Appleseed. Fall is a great time of year in Virginia and a great time to get out and shoot. Any ideas?

VAshooter

I sincerely hope that you talked to him about 2011, right? 

I am dealing with a similar situation here in FL- one of our premiere ranges is so chock full of events, we were only able to secure 4 weekends throughout 2010, and only 6 more for 2011;  2012, however, looks like we'll be able to do more....

Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today...  @&)
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

jmdavis

Quote from: VAshooter on April 12, 2010, 11:29:26 AM
Woody,

How about a three day with instructors shooting full distance on Friday and teaching an Appleseed on the weekend?

VAshooter

I like the idea of shooting  Friday and teaching Saturday and Sunday.  :---

But I have to say that after shooting all this weekend, I am tired and sore today.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

FiremanEd

Quote from: Cheeks on April 09, 2010, 01:37:45 PM
What about the Isaak Walton League in Winchester? I've not been there, but there is a range of some sort.

http://www.user.shentel.net/winiwla/

Do you have any contacts at that range Cheeks?  I tried to talk to them last fall and they weren't interested at all. We need to find someone who's a member there who may be able to get us "an in".

Eddie
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

FiremanEd

I'll get with the guy in Tappahanoc to lock up that range for the slot we had penciled in for BC. We should be able to fill that whole without any problems.

As Woody said, we can always fill it in Buckingham, there seems to be plenty of folks who like our little field in the woods.

C2 would also be happy to take that slot I'm sure but that'd put is in VA Beach two months in a row.

Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

Cheeks

I don't have any contacts there. Sorry. I'll keep looking/asking around.

smwwoody

KJ4WXC

smwwoody

3 days sound great to me if I can talk that mean old boss of mine into letting me take friday off

Woody

KJ4WXC